@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• On newest build the usb sound works nicely, but the Ethernet needs every time to be reactivated after reboot in libreelec settings. Is there a way to avoid that?

Try running the external media version for Odroid C2 (by changing the dtb). I'm interested in how the network will work.

Thanks, the new image works with usb sound! Will there be also a arm version to use amazon vod/netflix?!

I'm not a psychic to guess what model (image) in question.

• I'm not a psychic to guess what model (image) in question.

..sorry, I thought it was clear that I meant yesterdays s9xxx images, but I saw you already built also arm images for s905s today (2019-01-25). Will test it later! Thank you for your work!

• Try running the external media version for Odroid C2 (by changing the dtb). I'm interested in how the network will work.

On todays C2 image ethernet is working perfect(no need to activate at 10+ reboots) on x96mini 2/16G. Usb sound active and working too. Also Music and local video playing fine. The odd behaviour from Zattoo HiQ showing single Frame with working audio persists, but Zattoo live works. Maybe the HiQ addon simply works not correct on aarch64, but I'll test that further.

So far that is the first usable LE with kernel 4.x for me(hence no speakers on monitor to use HDMI)-thank you for your images and the good & quick support!

• balbes150

1. Does installtointernal work on your latest LE kernel 4.xx build ? ( A recent comment said that the proprietary Amlogic formatting doesn't work on kernel 4.xx.)

2. How about audio support with HDMI and with AV connection? I am a bit confused.

Thanks.

• balbes150

1. Does installtointernal work on your latest LE kernel 4.xx build ? ( A recent comment said that the proprietary Amlogic formatting doesn't work on kernel 4.xx.)

2. How about audio support with HDMI and with AV connection? I am a bit confused.

Thanks.

1. I can not say anything about installtointernal as I use the 4.x branch card only on the box I have armbian installed onto. Maybe do a backup and give it a try, or stay safe and use LE (meanwhile) on card until you know install is working.

2. the sound via HDMI should work on most boxes (the ordroid c2 seems to be one of those few which got NO sound via HDMI). AV works (so far) only with 3.14 kernel, but the newest builds can use usb soundcard now. Tested two different chinese cheapo 1€-cards, both work well. I picked the smaller one to have more space for usb plug from keyboard/mouse combo.

So sound only via HDMI on TV/screen or via a (cheap) usb sound card connected to an amp.

• 1. I can not say anything about installtointernal as I use the 4.x branch card only on the box I have armbian installed onto. Maybe do a backup and give it a try, or stay safe and use LE (meanwhile) on card until you know install is working.

2. the sound via HDMI should work on most boxes (the ordroid c2 seems to be one of those few which got NO sound via HDMI). AV works (so far) only with 3.14 kernel, but the newest builds can use usb soundcard now. Tested two different chinese cheapo 1€-cards, both work well. I picked the smaller one to have more space for usb plug from keyboard/mouse combo.

So sound only via HDMI on TV/screen or via a (cheap) usb sound card connected to an amp.

Thanks for the details 🐈🐆

1. Re: the $1-2 USB sound card, does not come with a good enough speaker, or can you buy a cheapo USB speaker combo?

2. While we are at it, do you know if the balbes 3.xx or 4.xx builds can backup (clone) from eMMC an already installed LE- balbes/CoreElec build?

balbes150 mentioned couple of weeks ago the feature whereby you could backup the Android ROM on Amlogic boxes before installing the LE- balbes build.

So my question is: If you already have installed LE- balbes or CoreElec or other build on the Amlogic box, can that be backed up too, once you insert an SD card with the LE- balbes 3/4.xx ?

Balbes of course has been busy innovating many features with frequent changes. So it is hard to catch up with the latest...😃🐵🐵

• Added a new version of the image for Odroid C2, now it works HDMI sound. Replaced on the website version of images S905 to the new correction, for work sound HDMI platform gxbb files DTB gxbb* (corrected DTB files for model Tronsmart Vega S95). Tried to run new images on Tronsmart Vega S95, but the system does not start, as in eMMC outdated u-boot-2015. Pay attention to those who have the model with the chip gxbb S905, it is possible on some models, where u-boot a newer system will be able to work. For those who have u-boot too old-the new LE will be able to run only after the u-boot update.

• 1. Does installtointernal work on your latest LE kernel 4.xx build ? ( A recent comment said that the proprietary Amlogic formatting doesn't work on kernel 4.xx.)

This script is no longer in my builds. Instead, a new version of the installation system through the GUI. All operations can now be performed without the use of SSH, by standard controls from KODI. There is a special menu in Libreelec Settings (create\restore a full copy of eMMC and install LE in eMMC).

Pay attention. The new installation system only works with the new multi-boot option. Ie before installing to eMMC should be upgraded multi-boot to the latest version using the captured image, using toothpicks or from the Android menu (everything needed is in the part of the image, neither of which is download additional is not necessary). The installation system saves all important data from the standard firmware and allows you to later restore the standard Android (firmware) by conventional means of USB Burn Tool. Importantly. All the tests I conduct when using the regular eMMC firmware Android how it will work (or even work) setting when placed in eMMC other systems (Libreelec Armbian etc) I don't know. Perhaps in some cases it will work, but I do not give any guarantees.

Importantly. Be sure to create a full backup of the eMMC using the menu items before installing it on the eMMC and keep the backup in a safe place (it is located in the /backup/ddbr directory). This will restore the system to its exact state at the time of the copy.

HDMI sound works in all images. AV-will appear as far as possible.

You have just uploaded an image today. What did you change?

Changed repositories Addons LE. Now all images (arm, aarch64) uses the repository chewitt.

• balbes150

Thanks again. Your speed and feature list is just incredible !😇😇

Now more questions:

1. Is Rufus with the boot DD option in settings the best way to burn your images?

Do we also need the label to be LIBREELEC?

( I have had bad luck with booting from USB sticks. Maybe it was Win32DiskImager or Etcher? Last time Rufus seemed to work with USB sticks.)

2. Are there any tools to build custom JeOS images like the ones that you can share with us?

3. Is it possible to switch between HDMI and AV ports automatically, without having to update disp_cap via SSH every time?

• Good friends I've been following this topic since the beginning.

Always testing all the latest builds

A few days ago the compilations with DVB support

today was one more compilation 20190128_test_dvb

Where I gave my last attempt to upload this image in a KI Pro (S905D)

I asked for help in some forums, not very different from here!

If someone can let me know

Edited 2 times, last by erbas (January 29, 2019 at 1:18 AM).

• Greetings,

Dear Erbas,

I have the same device, I have a friend, but we couldn't.

We could not make this image nor Multi-boot can do.

However, I would like to use a kernel-based version of version 4 *.

Best regards...

Edited once, last by ozkaradag (January 29, 2019 at 10:43 AM).

• balbes150 do you have a S912 box on which your 4.x mainline (plus patch) kernel images run with a working network connection and USB? If so, can you please share (also pm are ok) which dts you use and the dmesg output after boot?

There is something to address here. Q201 dts use irq for phy link management, while apparently most of the box out there does not have it so polling shall be used. Also there are some box with ZTE phy that shall run default eth2 reg (the old cali_val attribute in 3.4.x amlogic kernel).