Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

• Dear friends,

I'm a blond (nowadays grey) person,but I can't find a stable version of LE for my shiny and new H96 Max (S905X2 4/32) box...

So please can someone point me in the right direction (u may also kick my a*s if its right in front me).

Sweet greetings from The Netherlands

Koos

• Building Test: LibreELEC-AML.arm-9.80-devel-20191111152539-6e9040d-amlgx

KI Pro dtb box used: meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dtb

1- LibreELEC Module Drivers Error.

2- LibreELEC Configuration Error: Check the log for more information.

3- Kernel panic on shutdown or restart: (last screen)

CvH is there any news about crazycat driver for balbes150 versions.

It is useless knowledge if not shared the world.

Edited 2 times, last by erbas ().

• crazycat is/was planning to bump things once 5.4 is released, not before. I'm also waiting on LE master branch to stabilise after the Py3 changes before spending time on 5.4 things (not much spare time at the moment).

• All new versions, after 9.0.1 don't start on my K1 plus box... I prapare sd card as before, but system don't start from sd, it start from internal image, as i understand... What i doing wrong? There is another method of image installation on SD?

Thank you!

• All new versions, after 9.0.1 don't start on my K1 plus box... I prapare sd card as before, but system don't start from sd, it start from internal image, as i understand... What i doing wrong? There is another method of image installation on SD?

Thank you!

To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file " uEnv.ini " (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

Just edit "uEnv.ini" for meson-gxbb-ki-plus.dtb

LibreELEC for VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 (SD & USB & eMMC) - General Discussion - Khadas Community

It is useless knowledge if not shared the world.

• Just for interest I looked into android_enable/disable scripts..shouldn't the correct echo-line be: echo "Start disable reboot from Android" in the DISABLE script like I altered in mine on the picture?!

• I have Mecool K1 Pro S905D device. So this version is will work with dvb tvh on my device? Or still in alpha stage? If still in alpha stage when will we see some beta or working (with dvb and addons) less buggy versions?

• I have Mecool K1 Pro S905D device. So this version is will work with dvb tvh on my device? Or still in alpha stage? If still in alpha stage when will we see some beta or working (with dvb and addons) less buggy versions?

No, it seems there's no real effort to mainline the dvb drivers so it will either take a lot of time or never work at all. I might be wrong (and I hope to be).

• Just for interest I looked into android_enable/disable scripts..shouldn't the correct echo-line be: echo "Start disable reboot from Android" in the DISABLE script like I altered in mine on the picture

This is the service information that remained after debugging and it does not affect anything.

• What image to choose for odroid N2 and also possible install to emmc card?

The amlg12 image runs on N2. In the LE settings menu, there is an item to create a full eMMC backup before installation and an item to install LE in eMMC. For quick and easy testing of systems from different media (including USB flash drives), I recommend switching to SPIboot. The details there is in this topic previously.

• Couple questions about Odroid N2 beta support:

1. Is it necessary to install on eMMC? I currently have CoreELEC installed on SD Card and would prefer to keep LibreELEC installed on SD Card, for now (I am still learning about eMMC)

2. Is HEVC supported in the current beta for Odroid N2?

3. I'm currently having an issue with HEVC media in CoreELEC -- Up/Down Seek freezes the media. Any idea if this issue exists in the LibreELEC build?

Thanks so much!

Edited once, last by newoski ().

• I've tried the latest nightly of LE (after a few months hiatus), and to me, hardware decoding has not improved. The same videos that did not play before still do not play and skipping any video still causes the system to lock up.

Does anybody have any ideas if/when hardware decoding will be improved?? I seem to recall BayLibre have been working on it for some time now.

The alternative to LE has very good hardware decoding but that is using a bespoke Amlogic kernel. I would prefer to have it working on mainline kernel - hence my coming back to LE.

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 ().

• Just updated to the latest (as of yet) Odroid C2 build. But I still have the same issues I've reported before, but as noone responded at all I'll do again:

Image is installed on SD, not eMMC. It boots fine, but when I reboot Kodi, it halts. The OS shuts down nicely though, it seems to do a shutdown -h rather than a shutdown -r.

DVD menu's aren't working. I have all my DVD's ripped to ISO. Doesn't matter if I play them from NAS or the local SD card. DVD trailer starts playing, but the menu is blank (black) with only the cursor showing. When I enter a few times something usually starts playing, and when I then go back to the dvd menu, it works fine. Initially it doesn't though.

Are this bugs to be reported at this time, and if so what logs would you like? The usual kodi debug logs?