@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Sorry, I don’t have one to try, so I don’t know.

Success! I plugged usb adapter in a port close to HDMI out and LE installed successfully. Only MXIII image worked. But it does not see WiFi. The switch is active, but no connections are listed. Android sees wifi fine.

Edited once, last by rgnr (August 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM).

• I've installed the image S912 20180814 on my Minix U9 and its working great apart from I don't get any AAC sound output. Raw TS files with AAC sound or iPlayer, doesn't seem to matter. Is anyone else having an issue with this before I do a wipe and troubleshoot settings?

Ah, so after some fiddling I found I needed to enable AC3 encoding and stereo upmix for this to work even though I connect over HDMI.

• can you rebuild dtb.img for box : Dune HD Sky plus "S905D" ?

In theory, this is possible, but there is not enough time for everything.

If you have not run LibreElec on your M8S before, then you need to first activate multi-boot from an image written to USB (you only do this once)

To activate the multi-boot for s8xx need SD card. After a single activation, to run images , you can use any type of storage media - SD card and USB flash drive.

can you make a 64bit build for Odroid C2 ? I am having adamg's latest coreelec build.

I want to upgrade it to your build and test if the video stuttering problem is solved.

Specifically for the Odroid C2 I do not release the Assembly. There is a universal version for aarch64 S905.

Is it possible for you to just look at the LibreElec remote.conf and mxq repo for many such files?

It takes time and test equipment to convert these files to the new format. I don't have that right now.

2. Does installtointernal (to eMMC) eliminate remote.conf incompatibility for IR remotes with your generic S905/X/W Kodi 18alpha builds?

This data is not compatible for direct use and requires additional processing..

To all update image kernel 3/14 20180831

• Thanks for this update.

One question: the new kernel image support auto chroma/color depth for S912?

Thanks.

Edit: tested by my slef, not working, you have to apply manually 444,10bit workaround.

Edited once, last by atomizasser (August 31, 2018 at 5:34 PM).

• Works pretty good with my S905X box, and even worked fine using my Kodi 7 advancedsettings.xml and passwords.xml files to connect to my shared library for movies/TV/music. The only issue I ran into is I can't seem to enable "timeshift with Live TV" in the NextPVR client....If I do, it just hangs when I try to start live TV on a channel. Turn that off, and the channel stream starts just fine.

• Hey Everyone,

Great work so and THANK YOU ALL

Adding a dtb for a box I have that I haven't seen yet.

Goobang Doo M8S-II (only marking on the board is "S905_V03")

CPU: S905

RAM: 2G

ROM: 8G

NIC: 1G

OTG Port Yes

Extracted the dtb directly from the "aml_upgrade_package.img" Android 5.1.1

Can I use an existing dtb or is it worth it getting this one added to make sure all features are available?

Thanks

• Amazing work. Thank you. My question is;

I have a 4K TV and S912 device that both support 4K@60hz and 4K@50hz.

I set 4K@60hz in Libreelec settings and whitelisted 4K@60hz and 4K@50hz.

However, although the "Adjust display refresh rate" Always setting is switched, I can't see the 25hz videos in 4k@50hz. 4k@60hz continues. No adjustment.

How can I fix that problem?

Thanks.

• New images 20180920 (kernel 3.14).

I draw attention to the changes. Now the process of installing the system in eMMC has changed. The default install of the additional copy of the LE at eMMC without uninstalling regular Android. Now, to install LE in eMMC, there is a special menu item in "Libreelec->Services->eMMC->Install to eMMC". When you select this menu item, LE will be copied to eMMC in parallel to Android (Android is fully saved and can be used). Also in the new images added two menu items to create and restore a full copy of the eMMC on external media (along with the bootloader, settings and all data). I recommend that you make sure you create a full copy of eMMC before installing LE on eMMC. Depending on the type of external media and how busy eMMC data is, the backup process can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. After the copy is created or restored, the system automatically shuts down. It is not recommended to use the system during creation and recovery (to reduce the risk of errors). For those who want to install LE in eMMC with delete Android, you need to rename the script on the external media beforehand "full_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh", start the system from external media and also select the item in the menu. The system will execute the installation LE to replace eMMC with Android on LE.

• New images 20180920 (kernel 3.14).

I draw attention to the changes. Now the process of installing the system in eMMC has changed. The default install of the additional copy of the LE at eMMC without uninstalling regular Android. Now, to install LE in eMMC, there is a special menu item in "Libreelec->Services->eMMC->Install to eMMC". When you select this menu item, LE will be copied to eMMC in parallel to Android (Android is fully saved and can be used). Also in the new images added two menu items to create and restore a full copy of the eMMC on external media (along with the bootloader, settings and all data). I recommend that you make sure you create a full copy of eMMC before installing LE on eMMC. Depending on the type of external media and how busy eMMC data is, the backup process can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. After the copy is created or restored, the system automatically shuts down. It is not recommended to use the system during creation and recovery (to reduce the risk of errors). For those who want to install LE in eMMC with delete Android, you need to rename the script on the external media beforehand "full_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh", start the system from external media and also select the item in the menu. The system will execute the installation LE to replace eMMC with Android on LE.

A very interesting option to run LE and Android in parallel from eMMC but my question is what is the procedure for switching between the the two?