@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• I got Fran 's message by mail before it was deleted. I understand it can be annoying to read messages that appear to be repetitive and inflammatory.

I think it's more due to a non native speaker having problems expressing himself, but in any case it's not spam and removing it as such only reinforces the view expressed in said message.

1. I'm not interested in" opinions " about which system is better or worse. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

2. I'm not interested in advertising other systems. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

3. I'm not going to persuade anyone to use any system. Everyone decides what to use.

I tried different DTBs but the wired still wouldn't work.....F2 S905X2 box...

Write in detail how you configured DTB. What systems have you previously run on your device ?

However, Windows Security reported that there is a Trojan "Spursint.F!cl" in the tar file.

Wow, did Windows learn to read the Linux tar format and understand its contents ???? :)

• 1. I'm not interested in" opinions " about which system is better or worse. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

2. I'm not interested in advertising other systems. Want to discuss it - create your own theme.

3. I'm not going to persuade anyone to use any system. Everyone decides what to use.

Uh? Fran's message didn't say any of the above. It only complained that this image doesn't work for him. I agree it didn't express it in a "correct" way, but still it didn't say any of the things you mention.

• Version update 20190902.

KODI 18.4.

Add graphic (via LE menu settings - eMMC) control power on\off mode cyclic run LE and Android from eMMC when running from external media (no need to pull media when you reboot into Android).

Does this version LE versus one CE with older kernel support correct output and decode HDR MaxCLL/FALL metadata of sourced HDR content. I have this question because I found something about this on another thread where is clear defined that older CPUS s905/912x doesn't output correct data with older kernel such as CE v3.14

• Hello,

Thanks for the awesome work balbes150 ! I have been trying to get LE 9 working on my NanoPi K2 and your test builds are promising :)

I can confirm that Nanopi-K2 20190902 image won't boot. Seems like the last version that will boot is 20190821 as reported by slartibartfazz . Got the 20190902 image working by writing the previous 20190821 image to SD, then replacing the SYSTEM and KERNEL (including their MD5) files with those provided by the newer image.

Further, I would like to note the following with the current test image:

1. Ethernet works

2. Video plays with Hardware Decoding -- Nice!

3. Built-in WIFI still not working. I got around this by using a WIFI USB dongle (the one I used is a TP-Link TL-WN823N)

4. Built-in Bluetooth not working.

5. Playing DRM protected content causes a reboot

#5 can be tested by installing the Video Test Streams Add-on by Matt Huisman. Choosing "Input Stream Adaptive - Dash with Widevine" will trigger a reboot, while choosing the other video stream options will not. Here's the Kodi Crash Log.

slartibartfazz Since you have this board, could you verify #5 as well? If you have a Netflix account you can also test (and most likely get the same results) with the Netflix Add-On. Thanks!

Best regards,

Patrick

• Quote from patrickkfkan

Since you have this board, could you verify #5 as well? If you have a Netflix account you can also test (and most likely get the same results) with the Netflix Add-On. Thanks!

Since I don't have a Netflix account i tried it with Amazon prime. I can confirm that Kodi crashes. Kodi Crash Log is available, but maybe you will find this useful (from Kodi.old.log):

2019-09-07 06:51:46.618 T:4045398896 NOTICE: Creating InputStream

2019-09-07 06:51:46.691 T:4045398896 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /usr/lib/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/

• Since you have this board, could you verify #5 as well? If you have a Netflix account you can also test (and most likely get the same results) with the Netflix Add-On. Thanks!

Since I don't have a Netflix account i tried it with Amazon prime. I can confirm that Kodi crashes. Kodi Crash Log is available, but maybe you will find this useful (from Kodi.old.log):

2019-09-07 06:51:46.618 T:4045398896 NOTICE: Creating InputStream

2019-09-07 06:51:46.691 T:4045398896 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /usr/lib/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/

Thanks for your response.

When you say Kodi crashes, does it simply show an error message or does it reboot? In my case, it reboots and my Kodi crash log also has those lines you quoted but goes further than that:

The last line seems to indicate that Widevine has loaded and then crashes (reboots). Same line appears when trying to play a video in Netflix Add-On. I wonder if the same thing happens with devices other than the NanoPi K2 - can anyone verify?

Thanks.

• Quote from patrickkfkan

When you say Kodi crashes, does it simply show an error message or does it reboot? In my case, it reboots and my Kodi crash log also has those lines you quoted but goes further than that:

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, Kodi will restart (here was my mistake, reading reboot means for me rebooting LibreELEC).

• Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, Kodi will restart (here was my mistake, reading reboot means for me rebooting LibreELEC).

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not a developer myself so I don't know if it's a bug in balbes150 test builds, InputStream.Adaptive, Widevine or something entirely different...might have to rely on others to find out, but I'll certainly help with testing or providing debug information where possible.

• I have the same question, I would like to know if this version supports KI Pro? DTV

I unpacked the image (didn't install it) and there's no aml_fe nor avl6862 modules, so, unless the modules have a different name under kernel 5.x or are available in a different overlay, I don't think it does.

• Why is it that the Odroid C2 needs, or at least has, it's own image

Afaik because C2 has its own bootloader (uboot) that can't be replaced with the much more recent version that is used at other images. Basically there are "crapfixes" at these bootloader that are not open source. Could be related to workaround the hw bugs of the C2 board.

and there's no aml_fe nor avl6862 modules

afaik these drivers are not at the mainline kernel ?