@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• There are still some key milestones to clear before the project is interested in public testing but work planned for the new year should close critical gaps and I'd guesstimate we can start public alpha's (alongside existing releases) after 9.0 has shipped. Until then there's nothing to stop anyone building from my completely un-closed GitHub branch, though things there are often fluid and I'm not some code ninja who never makes mistakes (I'm still amused when people confuse me for a developer). I'm happy that balbes150 is releasing LE and Armbian images from the currently egregious patch-set that's being curated (with assistance from many.. it's far from a solo effort). You should consider Oleg's un-closed releases as our officially unofficial mainline test images :)

• There are still some key milestones to clear before the project is interested in public testing but work planned for the new year should close critical gaps and I'd guesstimate we can start public alpha's (alongside existing releases) after 9.0 has shipped. Until then there's nothing to stop anyone building from my completely un-closed GitHub branch, though things there are often fluid and I'm not some code ninja who never makes mistakes (I'm still amused when people confuse me for a developer). I'm happy that balbes150 is releasing LE and Armbian images from the currently egregious patch-set that's being curated (with assistance from many.. it's far from a solo effort). You should consider Oleg's un-closed releases as our officially unofficial mainline test images :)? 🐆

Balbes has done some great team work ! I just hope the Team can do some doc updates too 😂🐱 Many thread comments would be saved.

• WcześniejszeWcześniejsze

Wcześniejsze

Dobrze. Wierzę, że są są tym tym wątku. Myślę, że nie robię tego źle, ale wszystko zacznie od początku, ponownie, aby rozwiązać rozwiązać ten problem. Dzięki!

Ok. I believe the steps are in this thread. I think I'm not doing it wrong, but obviously I'll start from the beginning, again, to try to solve this issue. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I installed the latest images for S812 on my M8S from balbes150 on my M8S
    and I started with the image LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20180910103037-bdb5a5b.img.gz. I noticed that after unpacking to an SD card using the Rufus application the dtb file is in the root directory and has a capacity of 176kb and in a newer compilation, i.e. LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20181116095151-cbfbde4.img.gz after unpacking by Rufus dtb files, and there are a lot of them, are in a separate directory and have about 21kb each. The method of starting from an SD card with a toothpick was not successful. The only image that started with me is LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20180910103037-bdb5a5b.img.gz but only using the txt file update.zip with Android KitKat enabled. Strange, but only yes. Similarly, I had with the older model Android Box Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite. After starting the system, I updated the system via samba using ES File Explorer, the LAN tab using my Android phone.

PS. Hey balbes150, Is there a newer picture for S812 that I could successfully install on my Android M8S Box. I'm not sure which dtb image fits my model, but I suspect that n200C.

Code
    Can I libreelec for the S812 processor on emmc / nand? For me, the command via ssh "installtointernal" does not work.
    Code

Edited once, last by pspablo_pl (January 5, 2019 at 8:23 AM).

• Hi all,

I have a mecool m8s pro l S912 3G RAM 100mb NIC. Only image i can get to boot is the LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel.

Only thing thats not working is the LAN connection, picks up the wireless fine. Have tried various different device trees from the dtb folder, but no luck.

Any ideas what i could try to get the LAN working?

Cheers

Paul

• Has there been any work on getting the LibreELEC working on the Amlogic S905x2. (EG - This 4/64GB X96 MAX for $50).

Understand it is a lot of effort, for a minor hardware bump... But hoping to be able to get Linux up and going on this thing somehow.

• The new version Libreelec (20190108) on the basis of the kernel of 4.19 works with HW at S912.

It's not all ready yet, but it's working. Tested on VIM2 Basic (everything works except BT), WiFi\BT does not work On VIM2 Pro\Max. On Tronsmart Vega S96 with DTB VIM2 works from remote but not working wired network (and of course WiFi\BT), with native dtb Vega S96 wired network works , but no remote control (I hope soon finished dtb for Vega S96, something was wired network and remote control). All models rotate video up to 4K inclusive, KODI interface has small glitches, but works without brakes. So that can be considered these images sustainable alpha. By the way, ran on all TV boxes with a simple USB flash drive.

• The new version Libreelec (20190108) on the basis of the kernel of 4.19 works with HW at S912.

It's not all ready yet, but it's working. Tested on VIM2 Basic (everything works except BT), WiFi\BT does not work On VIM2 Pro\Max. On Tronsmart Vega S96 with DTB VIM2 works from remote but not working wired network (and of course WiFi\BT), with native dtb Vega S96 wired network works , but no remote control (I hope soon finished dtb for Vega S96, something was wired network and remote control). All models rotate video up to 4K inclusive, KODI interface has small glitches, but works without brakes. So that can be considered these images sustainable alpha. By the way, ran on all TV boxes with a simple USB flash drive.

Code
    Hi balbes150. Will there be newer versions for the S812 processor. I have an Android Box M8S and Libreelec works quite good. However, the option install in eMMC / NAND does not work. The "installtointernal" command also does not work. Any tips? Please, answer.
  • Code
    Hi balbes150. Will there be newer versions for the S812 processor. I have an Android Box M8S and Libreelec works quite good. However, the option install in eMMC / NAND does not work. The "installtointernal" command also does not work. Any tips? Please, answer.

I'm not balbes125 (obviously), but on his behalf, can you expand on what you mean by "The "installtointernal" command also does not work".

I've had issues with this recently and could suggest two things:

1) DON'T install to eMMC is the preferred option apparently.

See this thread on how to boot from SD/USB, but still get the speed benefit from running off the eMMC.

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

2) If you REALLY want to boot of eMMC as well, fetch the file manually and try again.

See this post for more details

LibreELEC 9.0 builds for S905 (semi official)

• Code
    Will these solutions work with the S812 processor?
  • Wcześniejsze

These do not seem to be SOC dependent.

I would try the 'boot from SD card, use internal memory' guide first.

Code
    Unfortunately, after trying to putty / ssh into existence, the following message appeared: One of BOOT, SYTEM, DATA or DTB partitions is missing.
    Make sure that you are using a correct device tree and a device with internal memory!
  • Will there be newer versions for the S812 processor.

I hope that there will be. It takes time to fix the errors that I have when building new images for S812.

I think, that need create a new subject for models s812\805. Because this topic was discussed in the version for the S9xxx. Infa about s8xxx confuses them (it is absolutely different versions).

The new version of the images for the S9xxx 20190114. Pay attention. The names of the images have now changed to refer to the whole group for which these images are suitable S905 (S905 S905X S905D S905W) S912 (S912). All previous images were also universal, but apparently many users were confused by the use of a specific model name (Khadas_VIM\VIM2). So I changed the name of the images to universal. The principle of use has not changed. To select the desired dtb, edit the file "uEnv.ini "(or " extlinux.conf" for those who switched to using the new u-boot-2018).

• Hi Balbes,

First let me say thanks for your hard work and time you spend!

Will the new version work on beelink gt1 ultimate 3gb ddr4 / 32gb emmc? (Leia-18/kernel_4.x/20190114)

and if yes, which dtb i have to use?

Currently my box works fine with the release Leia-18/kernel_3.14/20181217

Thank you in advance and all the best

Walter

• thanks for reply. but is does not work for this box.

after successful install i got stuck in a boot loop. no matter what dtb is configured.

but thanks anyway. i appreciate your work!

"box works fine with the release Leia-18/kernel_3.14/20181217"

all the best

Walter

• I hope that there will be. It takes time to fix the errors that I have when building new images for S812.

I think, that need create a new subject for models s812\805. Because this topic was discussed in the version for the S9xxx. Infa about s8xxx confuses them (it is absolutely different versions).

The new version of the images for the S9xxx 20190114. Pay attention. The names of the images have now changed to refer to the whole group for which these images are suitable S905 (S905 S905X S905D S905W) S912 (S912). All previous images were also universal, but apparently many users were confused by the use of a specific model name (Khadas_VIM\VIM2). So I changed the name of the images to universal. The principle of use has not changed. To select the desired dtb, edit the file "uEnv.ini "(or " extlinux.conf" for those who switched to using the new u-boot-2018).

Thank you. In that case, I am waiting for new images for S812.