LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Hello Datrh,

I have a X8H+ and had the known audio problems with DTS format on my Denon.

With your LE kopied on a SD card and using the toothpick I managed to get your software running smooth. No sound and video troubles.

Now I want to get it copied to the internal memory so even my wife can start the device.

But what does SSH mean and where should I enter the "Installtointernal"?

Tnx for your reply

• I love the latest 18.3 release, it works perfectly.

Currently I have two Minix X8-H Plus units, one in the bedroom using the latest 18.3 which runs like a charm.

But I have a second one that is part of my Hifi system. This Minix is still running a 17.3 build which has a great advantage - it starts up without a TV connected. Nothing is connected to it, only an network cable and an optical SPDIF cable to my DAC. I control it using Kodi Music Remote, a great app from the app store. Like this, the Minix acts as a streamer/bridge with a sound quality as good as high-end streamers such as the Auralic Aries mini.

Problem is, that this 17.3 build doesn't have Wifi. So I'm still looking to get the 18.3 from datrh to work without HDMI connected. Then I can disconnect the network cable and use the streamer/bridge anywhere in my house (and I want it in my bedroom headphone rig).

datrh, if there is any way I can help getting the Minix to work without HDMI connected, let me know. I have the 17.3 one working, I can SSH into it and do anything you'd need. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a noob on this, but can do what you ask me to do.

I know many may want to retire their Minix X8-H Plus devices, or have already done so, but believe me, I'm an audiophile and I've compared the Minix to very expensive streamers and it is a shame to retire a device that makes such a good audio streamer. So if we get this to work, maybe many other owners can make it a great streamer/bridge or sell it to audiophiles who want a cheap and high-quality streamer that works up to 24/192 bit-perfect.

• Also got minix x8-h plus.

Can you share exactly your settings?

I use mine for video streaming

It stuck or have issues with hevc content , sometimes if i play and stop a video, no other video could play which requires a restart.

This is such a capable device, would be a shame to replace it only due to sw issues

• Ohhh, thank you so much, I will try it now.

===============

Already tried it but I can't get the device showup in device list :(

Use etcher to copy image to sd card. Plug the sd card to minix, disconnected power cord, reconnect, use toothpick in reset hole and turn power. This took me a lit of tries but finally it succeeded

Could be very frustrating.

Also, make sure to disconnect everything else from device even the remote USB dongle while trying this process

• My device become brick at the moment :(. I tried everything.

Burning Tool: running up to 95% and then crash.

Screencast:

Newbootloader: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NqD1w3CPGjqUt6cB6

Factory Rom: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rdfep9T9yTCRTS7w6

Then I tried with Burn Card Marker and I got the problem: L(0986) fail to partition the disk with 2 usb devices.

I don't have any more options now. I hope I can get my device at least back to defaut if it's possible, it still found in burning tool when I tried get it connect.

I hope hear any advice, thank so much for any help.

Edited once, last by Loc_rabbirt (October 18, 2019 at 1:02 PM).

• My device become brick at the moment :(. I tried everything.

You must carefully read the instructions in the first message. This firmware is for installation on a SD card, and not in the internal memory of the device. Try flashing back to android. internal memory can also be done, but this is a more complicated way.

• Hi to all

i need your help as new .I have Minix NEO X8 Plus and i am confused which image can download and install .

Also if this image can be install with SD Card

Thanks a lot for you help

• Hi to all

i need your help as new .I have Minix NEO X8 Plus and i am confused which image can download and install .

Also if this image can be install with SD Card

Thanks a lot for you help

"minix_x8_x8plus_x8_h_newbootloader_FW9.img" = what you need(I got the NEO X8 Plus also). I flashed mine with the burning tool, how to go with SD-Card I never tried that way as the burning tool never gave me problems.

• I'm not sure if you check my screencast or not, but I tried reflash with burning tool and PC to Android.

try using the latest version of USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.3
    try to flash from another computer and another version of windows

change usb cable to another

Another method for flashing from a SD card - Neo X8-H bricked, Help! | MINIX Forum

I write through Google translator ;(

Edited 3 times, last by Monstro (October 20, 2019 at 11:08 PM).