LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• Running Lollipop 5.1.1 here on Minix X8H Plus

- no IP reserved on router

- network adapter is set to dhcp

Triks,

Earlier on you mentioned fixed IP is working for you. Have you actually set to fix IP and reboot to see if it is working?

But here you said you are on dhcp.

• Hi,

First of all many thanks datrh for this great work and build! I follow it since the minix forum times and is time to try to participate actively.

My experience: I have a x8h-p (gen1) with finless rom on internal (installed to allow power off) and I'm running libreelec 18.1 on SD card

- Fixed IP: working on Ethernet (I don't used wifi, is disconnected)

- Full Power off: working since I installed finless room.

- I can also say that I run Netflix addon at 720p with acceptable quality,

If you need any info from my system just let me know.

In summary, the room is working great for me!

What would be even greater:

- DVB drivers addon, I know is being worked :)

- Docker addon - I think this is more difficult due to Kernel 3.10. Not sure if is possible to build kernel with Docker needed parameters activated (I've tried for other OS for minix with kernel 3.10, but not succeeded till now). I can't remember if on 17.6 version Docker is working. Can someone with this version confirm?

Again this are just plus, not complains! many thanks!

• - Docker addon - I think this is more difficult due to Kernel 3.10. Not sure if is possible to build kernel with Docker needed parameters activated (I've tried for other OS for minix with kernel 3.10, but not succeeded till now). I can't remember if on 17.6 version Docker is working. Can someone with this version confirm?

latest docker versions aren't "compatible" with a 3.10 kernel

• Minix X8h-Plus = Flashed with: "X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT.img" Startup takes a while so please be patient!!!

Before I flashed, I tried the 17.6 versions, 1st one Booted=(libreelec-x8-h_series.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz) and worked 100%.

After that I cleaned the "Cache" partition. Flashed and gonna test latest 18.1 right now.

More info soon.

=

UPDATE > (I did have to patch the bootloader again!)

Minix X8h-Plus to a Sony Bravia KDL-32W705B Resolution = 1920x1080. Fixed IP works good.!!!

Now for stability, Refresh rate on/off white-list used / not used = freeze up on all. Tried setting the resolution setting in Kodi to 24hz/24fps, hangs!

Tried the 60hz/blah, also hangs. Now here we go again, setting the Kodi Refresh rate to 50.00 hz(1920x1080) 50hz, Refresh rate > Off, Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON and no longer crashes on Stop / Pause and fast foreward etc. Pretty weird but it seems to like the 50hz. Same on my X8 Plus that is hooked up to a benq monitor.

But I am super glad that the Custom firmware you made 4 the X8h-Plus works like a spear. True shutdown and no more yanking the plug LOL

Thank again for all your time you are puttung into this

oh ja. I do get a Minix LOGO when the thing boots, so dun know where the black screen story came from :)

Edited 6 times, last by Klaver7 (April 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM).

• Wilfred  lcmg

can you test this one : LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

it runs the same dvb drivers as the 17.6 image (no kodi addon) so test it like the way you use the 17.6 image

/sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700 says again:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'dvb_usb_dib0700': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and the last line of dmesg is:

[ 220.392608@3] media: Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ (err 0)

So the module doesn't load. Thanks for the effort, datrh.

• /sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700 says again:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'dvb_usb_dib0700': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

?(

• thanks for the feedback

and indeed "Pretty weird but it seems to like the 50hz" cause my x8-h is hooked up into a pana plasma 1280×720 60hz (kodi resolution, i'm not speaking about whitelist because i don't have one nor a adjust refresh rate set on start/stop)

oh ja. I do get a Minix LOGO when the thing boots, so dun know where the black screen story came from :)

got this on my x8-h but anyway what matters is that it works

• Wilfred lcmg

can you test this one : LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

it runs the same dvb drivers as the 17.6 image (no kodi addon) so test it like the way you use the 17.6 image

Hi,

I've tried to test this version but can't boot.

I tried, 2 different SD cards that work before and use 3 different methods to burn the SD card on 2 different OS (windows and linux).

Error is:

"Filesystem corruption has been detected!

..."

Thanks for all your effort!

KR

• Hi.

Update procedure is really straight forward, thanks.

Unfortunately even after updating to 18.1, the box keep on freezing after pressing stop in a movie. :(

seems that there's something between the kodi "resolution" /mali driver. you need to find what's stable for you.

https://kodi.wiki/view/settings/system/display

check how other x8hp users have been successful to get it working.

:angel: my bad, you have a x8hp and the image is only for the x8-x8h. it can't work

• /sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700 says again:

oki try this one, it seems to be ok.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

no need to add something via kodi.

let me know.

• oki try this one, it seems to be ok.

let me know.

and the x8hp.. LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

next : kodi 18.2

• oki try this one, it seems to be ok.

let me know.

It works, thank you a lot! :)

Well, to be honest the kernel sees at least the dongle, and TVheadend recognizes the DVB-T adapter. Now I have to investigate why it doesn't detect any channel, but this I am afraid could be due to some hardware failure in the USB stick. I'll use the dongle on another platform and I'll let you know, eventually.

• I've tested the DVB dongle in another PC and it works, but I've also noticed that the antenna plug where it is normally connected has worsened considerably its signal quality, so false alarm. Thank you for the good work, datrh :thumbup: