LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img => can you try this one? this is the latest release.

Tried it, these are the results:

HARDWARE :

Minix X8H-Plus;

1)old hdmi Samsung tv/monitor "syncmaster 933hd" (only 1366x768 or 1280x720@50hz);

2)hdmi projector (up to 1080p 24hz) + Yamaha 5.1 receiver (via minix optical spdif);

working SDCARD

SOFTWARE :

LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img installed on (and running from) SDCARD

---All tests performed with amlogic video hwacceleration on---

Previously i had tried LE 18.0 with my old Samsung TV/monitor, it gave problems with hwacceleration on

i whitelisted 1280x720@50hz only, disabled adjust refresh rate, but system crashed soon after first video playing.

This setup still gives the same problem on 18.1

18.1 behaves exactly like 18.0:

To reproduce the crash:
    keep amlogic hw video acceleration "on", set resolution to 1280x720@50 only, no adjust frame rate:
    play a video (i used h264 youtube files),
    try to rewind/fforward/stop it, or try to change video : system crashes/freezes. (i tested youtube and other video addons, always the same problem)

rebooted various times: nothing changes.

(only disabling hwacceleration solves the problem).

THEN
    I disconnected hdmi from my Samsung TV, and connected Minix to a 1080p24hz-capable projector.
    Without reinstalling LE 18.1: just switching monitors.

I whitelisted 1280@50hz, 1080p@50, 1080@60, 1080@24fps and Enabled changing resolutions and refresh.

then i switched LE18.1 to 1080@50hz

System magically starts working. tested LE18.1 playing Youtube h264 videos for 30 minutes. everything ok.
    dts5.1 on spdif works (for local files only... I can't get 5.1 working for youtube).

then i put again only 720p50hz in whitelist: Old Problem returned : crash on stop/ff/rewind/ChangeVideo.... reboot, try again.... same crash

whitelisted 720p ,1080p24, 1080p60 1080p50.

Set to 720p,adjust framerate off : crashes on stop/ff/rewind/ChangeVideo.

enabled adjust framerate : still crashes on ff/stopping play

put in 1080p@50 : system magically returns to work

put back in 1280x720 : still works.

Summary: LE 18.0 and 18.1 give identical problems if minix is connected to a 1280 only tv/monitor.

They need to work at 1080p at least once after install.

Edited 5 times, last by Merclib (April 13, 2019 at 8:42 PM).

• I probably should have mentioned that I tested on LAN not Wi-Fi

lieuandy you could also reserve a static IP by MAC address on your router as a workaround.

I am using LAN, not wifi. The problem is the MAC address also changes randomly and not possible to reserve a static IP.

• lieuandy  triks

you both are using a x8h_plus but ethernet lan is fixed for triks but not for lieuandy.

what is the firmware running on your device?

lieuandy

can you burn a sd with the latest 18.1 and replace the dtb.img by the one you will find in the 17.6 Gen1 image?

• try this one and let me know.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

OK, the LE Modules Drivers add-on now is there. I've activated it and selected the CrazyCat drivers, then I rebooted. Following the examples in this thread I've run the following command:

Code
    # /sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700
    modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'dvb_usb_dib0700': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and the only relevant line (the last one) in the dmesg output is:

[ 5956.554595@1] videobuf2_common: Unknown symbol v4l_vb2q_enable_media_source (err 0)

So, thank you, but it seems it doesn't work (which may be my fault, I am not a big expert). I hope the above is meaningful to you.

• OK, the LE Modules Drivers add-on now is there. I've activated it and selected the CrazyCat drivers, then I rebooted. Following the examples in this thread I've run the following command:

Code
    # /sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700
    modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'dvb_usb_dib0700': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and the only relevant line (the last one) in the dmesg output is:

[ 5956.554595@1] videobuf2_common: Unknown symbol v4l_vb2q_enable_media_source (err 0)

So, thank you, but it seems it doesn't work (which may be my fault, I am not a big expert). I hope the above is meaningful to you.

Not your fault.

It was experimental.

I will rebuilt something with the media_build (17.6 image)

• lieuandy  triks

you both are using a x8h_plus but ethernet lan is fixed for triks but not for lieuandy.

what is the firmware running on your device?

lieuandy

can you burn a sd with the latest 18.1 and replace the dtb.img by the one you will find in the 17.6 Gen1 image?

I am running Lollipop firmware as per your post 1.

Replaced dtb.img, still the same no fix IP.

• Hi.

I have a X8-H Plus running Minix original Kitkat fw.

I tried your 18.0 image, booting from sd card is ok, but I have the freeze on stop bug, and I can't fix it since the box is connected to a 720p Panasonic projector.

I hoped that 18.1 fixed this problem, but reading the trhread looks not.

Is there a hope for this?

Can I ask you the correct procedure to update 18.0 to 18.1?

I tried flashing 18.1 directly on another sd, but it does not boot (maybe it doesn't like that kingston 16GB SD), so I'd like to upgrade the running one (library already configured on it).

Thanks.