LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• datrh, re-up works a treat! thanks again the X8H-Plus lives again. Don’t forget to enable resolution switch ;)

I just have one question, is the LibreELEC Add-ons Repo 9.0.1 installed locally on device or is it a link to a remote destination?

• Hello!

Coming back from the old MINIX forum after a long absence I am again onboard hacking my MINIX X8-H. I've spent a whole day updating the box, and now thanks to dathr's work the thing is up with the latest 18.1 build.

One problem I am having with Leia, which I had not with the previous Krypton build, is that my ElGato EyeTV DVB-T stick is not recognized anymore. The firmware module seems to be in place (it should be dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw ), but there is no kernel module/driver to support the stick. I've read elsewhere in this new forum that DVB-T drivers/modules have been moved in Leia under the add-on "LibreELEC Module Drivers", but I am not able to find it.

Is it a limitation of the current MINIX builds? Where can I find that add-on?

Thanks!

i will check this and let you know something later

• datrh, re-up works a treat! thanks again the X8H-Plus lives again. Don’t forget to enable resolution switch ;)

I just have one question, is the LibreELEC Add-ons Repo 9.0.1 installed locally on device or is it a link to a remote destination?

on a remote location

• Normal erase

I have a X8H-Plus and I used the file "X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT.img" for reflashing with message "burning successfully" in burning tool (Erase flash checked with normal erase option, Erase bootloader checked). But I only have a black screen when the box boots, nothing happens, even if I try to patch the bootloader.

If I want to reflash, I must to hold reset switch to connect the box to the computer (previously, it was the power button).

I reflashed with stock rom "X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2.img" and then patched the bootloader. Up to now, all works (I suppose that the shutdown does'nt work, I don't know how to check).

Thanks

• I But I only have a black screen when the box boots, nothing happens, even if I try to patch the bootloader.

As there's no splash screen during the boot sequence, it may takes up to 30 sec to get something on the screen.

I don't own a x8H-plus so it may not works at all.

As i told you , worst case => reflash

anyway thanks for the feedback. other returns about this ?

• Using latest "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1 > PC Monitor 1920/1080 - 50/60 hz. , am I the only on that that kodi freezes up at stop/ end of program or movie with Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON ? When I turn it off there are no hangups but quality is not as good. Adjust refresh rate tried off / Start-stop / always , tried them all. Whitelist active and not active. It might be cause I got a 22" monitor(HDMI) behind it.

Not complaining but wondering if I missed a setting as triks quated above "Don’t forget to enable resolution switch" ...

___

UPDATE-!

When I drop the monitor resolution in Kodi settings to 1920x1080 50hz, Refresh rate > Off, Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON,

all is fine. No longer lockups!

Thanx again datrh for all your work and info.

Edited 5 times, last by Klaver7 (April 13, 2019 at 3:34 PM).

• works like a charm (mkvs,netflix,..) vs an old plasma tv (which is unable to switch to 24p/hz).

what's the status of adjust refresh rate? off?

i guess the 22" monitor isn't 24p friendly.

u1 => linux 3.14 =>not the same mali driver

• Using latest "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1, am I the only on that that kodi freezes up at stop/ end of program or movie with Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON ? When I turn it off there are no hangups but quality is not as good. Adjust refresh rate tried off / Start-stop / always , tried them all. Whitelist active and not active. It might be cause I got a 22" monitor(HDMI) behind it. But then again on my U1 I got the same monitor with Coreelec 18.1 and Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec = On and never hangs.

Had a previous beta version from you that would not hang with the hardware accel. but the shutdown rebeooted.

So here's is the big question, why does 17.6 not crash when Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec = On ? :shy:

Both monitors benq 1920/1080 - 50/60 hz.

Not complaining but wondering if I missed a setting as triks quated above "Don’t forget to enable resolution switch" ...

the latest version (and the latest version only) use another mali driver commit.

it solves the "freeze" on fixed refresh rate tv (adjust refresh rate has to be "off") but may introduce other bugs.

it's a combination of kodi and mali driver. a build with something else than mali r5p1 will not even let kodi start.

we can't compare it to kodi 17.6 : not the same kodi binaries, not the same driver.

• One problem I am having with Leia, which I had not with the previous Krypton build, is that my ElGato EyeTV DVB-T stick is not recognized anymore. The firmware module seems to be in place (it should be dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw ), but there is no kernel module/driver to support the stick. I've read elsewhere in this new forum that DVB-T drivers/modules have been moved in Leia under the add-on "LibreELEC Module Drivers", but I am not able to find it.

Is it a limitation of the current MINIX builds? Where can I find that add-on?

Thanks!

LE module drivers are missing.

in my to-do list for the next kodi release

• Using latest "LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1, am I the only on that that kodi freezes up at stop/ end of program or movie with Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec > ON ? When I turn it off there are no hangups but quality is not as good.

Same situation here :

Hardware: Minix Neo X8-H Plus;

img installed (on SDCard) : "LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-Minix-edition.img" (Kodi 18.0, compiled 2019-04-02)

• Cannot use fixed ip address, need dhcp, using ethernet => same issue with the kodi 18 image?