LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• The only trouble I found with 8.9.x and this is not acceptable is often minix hang with black screen when I stop a video.

got the same with a old panasonic plasma but if a use a more modern led panasonic tv (supporting 24hz) : no hang, everything works as it should be.

It's a kodi beta problem.

i will soon post a new release with update LE + kodi B3

maybe it will be solved...

• will do, should I use a specific usb port or do both of them work for booting?

the bootloader will check all USBs (but if i'm not wrong minix has 1 usb and 1 otg)

just be sure that there are no other usb devices plugged in

Edited once, last by datrh (October 4, 2018 at 9:17 PM).

• the bootloader will check all USBs (but if i'm not wrong minix has 1 usb and 1 otg)

just be sure that there are no other usb devices plugged in

HALLELUJAH!!!

I updated my firmware to the latest release (that I got from minix support) and it booted from SD with no problems!

darth thank you for the patience and thanks to repip for the suggestion

• HALLELUJAH!!!

I updated my firmware to the latest release (that I got from minix support) and it booted from SD with no problems!

darth thank you for the patience and thanks to repip for the suggestion

are you able to install KODI 18?

• Repatch bootloader you mean boot with the clip in the hole?

The only trouble I found with 8.9.x and this is not acceptable is often minix hang with black screen when I stop a video.

I think boot to internal a good way to have stable version and opportunity to test new versions without have to use many SD cards :)

did you activate the "adjust refresh rate" and set a "whitelist"?

• Hi Datrh,

I have the X8-H Plus, currently running Kodi 17.6 from SD card.

I put this image in the Kodi update folder.

After reboot and decompressing the file, it indicated error and stated this is not compatible with Gen-1 hardware.

Can this be rectified?

Thanks.

• if you want to use the tar, you need to put in the "update folder" a .nocompat file.

i would suggest to first test the new image on a spare SD.

if you want to be able to install the new image on internal, you need also to "toothpick". (it"s backward compatible with 17.6 img)

• Thanks for the reply.

I am not running from internal, only from SD card.

Should I use the tar or gz file to put in the update folder with .nocompat file?

Edit:

I used the tar file with .nocompat and it worked.

Thanks.

So far encountered are shutdown and CEC issues.

Edited once, last by lieuandy (October 7, 2018 at 6:16 AM).

• Can't fix ip in ethernet interface: mac always change. Also if I put libreelec config -> manual configuration for ipv4 and save at reboot it return auto-dhcp.

• In 8.2 mac doesn't change

Annoying manual configuration instead dhcp is not saved. Also this stuff in 8.2 there is no issue (verified now)