LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• well i got the x8 x8h arm image and i boot with tootpic method then the following happen it says

invalid argument

fat,3.0.282015-05-16}

read -only file system

1.43.9 {8-feb-2018}

ext4:read-only file system while tryingto open /dev/...cblk8p2

write -protected;use the -n option to do a read- only

of the device.

fsck failed. your system is brokenbeyond repair

re-install libreelec

enter to shutdown now

could not read all the letters for the lines because my tv could not display them and i deblok the rar file tot trust so that is not the case someone got a solution for this

• well i tried that but it wont work i think there is something corrupt in the image because i cant connect to the internet i tried a lot of versions but no luck maybe someone has an answer for my device

• you boot from SD?

does it decompress the image => format/write partition on the SD?

is your SD locked?

• well i tried that but it wont work i think there is something corrupt in the image because i cant connect to the internet

No, there ist something wrong with Your network, maybe router isn´t configured properly or network-cable is broken.

Your box gets 169.x.x.x IP - network interface is working, but no connect to Your network.

You have to fix it.

• no the cable is ok because if i boot in minix all works fine and yes i boot librelec from sd card that is not locked so it is a mirakel what happens here but it is something with the image

• well got it running used an new sd card only problem is if i put kodi off i can not start it with power button so if i always let kodi on will it still update my movie addons automaticly or not

• if i put kodi off i can not start it with power button

it a know problem

if i always let kodi on will it still update my movie addons automaticly or not

not sure but i guess it's a setting.

Anyway, as there's no more support for devices running linux 3.10 , someone has to compiled the addons new version .

(in my todo list but time is missing...)

• well found a bug wen i push the stop button wen playing a movie all device freeze only thing i can do is put out the power plug and restart maybe there is a solution

I really don't think it's a bug. I suspect your 'bug' is related to the other problems you have been experiencing with your box.

My advice is to go back to the basics (that is, a working Android device) and restart from there.

- flash a working firmware on the internal memory of your Minix box (that could either be an official firmware (Android 4.4) or Finless Rom 1.0 (Android 5.1, and my recommendation).

(Minix XH8 - Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0 - FreakTab)

- once that is working properly, download datrhs final Libreelec 9 firmware for your device, unpack that file and burn the img file on a new or otherwise proven sd-card.

(Installation of LibreELEC [LibreELEC.wiki])

- patch the bootloader (to get dualboot)

(LibreELEC 9 / Kodi 18 for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+ and U1 (S905/X/D/W))

Edited once, last by Golden Avatar (February 13, 2019 at 11:49 AM).

• yes that is the best for me because its an old box i tried to get the stock firmware on it but if i connect the box by usb burning tool my pc doesnt see the box very frustrated but thanks for help i will try that finless rom you provided i come back with hopely a good result

• yes that is the best for me because its an old box i tried to get the stock firmware on it but if i connect the box by usb burning tool my pc doesnt see the box very frustrated but thanks for help i will try that finless rom you provided i come back with hopely a good result

Do you use the USB on-the-go (OTG) cable that came with the Minix box? If not, are you at least using a USB cable that is capable of transferring data (recognizable by 4 instead of 2 tiny metal strips in the mini USB connector)?

Then follow the instructions at How to Use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to Manually Update Firmware 2019.

Edited 2 times, last by Golden Avatar (February 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM).

• well it workt i put the image finless rom on it that golden avator providet the link for ant it works well so i think i stay with this on this box because i think the box isnt good for librelec i better get a new box with a better cpu and put librelec on that box

• well it workt i put the image finless rom on it that golden avator providet the link for ant it works well so i think i stay with this on this box because i think the box isnt good for librelec i better get a new box with a better cpu and put librelec on that box

LibreElec runs on your box. There's no harm in trying a dual boot with LibreElec on an SD-card.

• woow... I had my Minix X8-H completely forgotten and now thanks to you I can it life again. I m wondering also if it works with UHD 4K.

I m managed to follow procedure and install libreelec directly in the main partition. Now I have question. When new updates will come out, will I get the updates directly from libreelec program addon, as I do in the raspberrypi or I need to do some manual procedure.

Can I for example just copy the target files in the update folder?

• Minix X8-H

it's a "community" image so you will have to put the .tar or gz in the update folder.

Speaking about LibreELEC add-ons, i was using the wetek's one.(3.10)

Now that these devices aren't supported anymore, i will have to take care myself.

• anybody with Minix X8-H and Libreelec playing 4K videos?

I just tried but they are far from smooth. I did not touch the settings but I don't think there much that can be done. I guess the X8-H is not really done for 4K, though they were advertising it as supporting 4k UHD videos