These builds are based on the latest LibreELEC 9.0.0 release.
to get the best of it :
- you need a tv supporting 24hz/24p and you need to set (in Kodi) "adjust refresh rate" and have to define a "whitelist"
- about the audio, you will need to try and find the right setting.It depends your tv, amps,.. (with my denon i've been more successful with Amlogic M8-analog but again there're no general rules)
- some users have been able to boot from SD after having reflashed the Minix firmware. (again no general rules, sometimes it depends SD cards, firmware,..
- patching the bootloader may be also tricky
Community tips and tricks :
tar/gz : My Files
tar/gz : My Files
not working :
- analog audio via mini-jack
- a true "shutdown"
- fixed IP address (you need to use dhcp)
- auto frame rate switching
- hdmi spdif passthrough
- Minix IR remote
how to patch the minix bootloader :
- burn the GZ img to a SD
- browse the SD and rename "boot_autoscript" to "boot.scr"
- insert the SD in the minix
- boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched)
- let Libreelec boots and configure ssh, etc
- restore your cfg if needed
how to "installtointernal" :
- ssh the box and type "installtointernal", follow the instructions
- remove the SD of the box, reboot and enjoy.
They're really specific to Minix X8/X8-H/X8-HP.
Means only dtb's for these devices are included.
all credits to kszaq, balbes150 and libreelec team
ps: i just mod/adapt things, i don't pretend to be a dev
remote.conf : Create remote.conf from scratch
for the X8-HP users only : test the LibreELEC-X8-H_Series image first, if it doesn't boot from SD , use the LibreELEC-X8-H_PlusGen1
No need to repatch the bootloader if you have already try one of my LE8.9.xx image.
X8,X8-H and some X8-HP users : http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtr2kr1r5ycbtth/libreelec-x8-h_series.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz/file