LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• will patch this next build

Many thanks :)

After some tests (with whitelist) seems I have a stable and usable kodi 18 (like 17.6 was).

Could you easly put in future releases 'power menu' --> 'Reboot from internal' like 17.6? I would like having stable version in internal and testing in SD and not to have to phisically go to minix to swhitch between them.

• I finished trying all of the dtb files and they all produce the same result: the device stays on the android-minix boot logo

I contacted minix and asked for the latest firmware img for the minix 8 and they sent me it:

MEGA

I don't know if that helps or not but I thought that it might be useful

EDIT: I managed to dump some dtb files from the image. Again, I don't know if it helps but if it does than I can put a download link to them

used the link and installed it, didnt know there was a update. i used the burning tool to get it installed. i might install "libreELEC later.

• Could you easly put in future releases 'power menu' --> 'Reboot from internal' like 17.6?

17.6 was a Balbes150 fork.

8.9.xx is a "true" LibreELEC fork.

With 8.9.xx i had to mod the bootloader script(to be able to install2internal), i need to patch the lan (to fix ip issue).

i don't know if it will still be possible to easily implement "reboot form internal" via a simple diff from Balbes works

I would like having stable version in internal and testing in SD and not to have to phisically go to minix to swhitch between them.

if i'm not wrong , Kodi 18 will be our latest usable kodi version on s802/812. Maybe LE team can confirm it?

• Hi. I need some help I followed the steps in post 1 and it boots from USB but when using Putty it will not installtointernal Error Permission Denied over and over any suggestion?. Iam running on Minix X8H Thanks!

• I can confirm installtointernal is OK and non-dhcp IP is fixed.

Manual ethernet configuration is working and mac doesn't change every reboot. Thanks!!!!

• I can confirm installtointernal is OK and non-dhcp IP is fixed.

Manual ethernet configuration is working and mac doesn't change every reboot. Thanks!!!!

installtointernal doesn't work as expected: if I don't copy my user data there are things not working.

For example kodi add-on repository accessible only if I copy user data so seems normal install without user data miss something.

Strange things appens with restore backup from kodi menu: with this version many things not working from backup of previous version. (pvr epg, modland..)

Have to try restore backup to same version what appen.

Now will try get those things working with a clean install of this version, but with a restored from backup for example modland music addon doesn't work (not working after reinstall too)

Edit:

Now kodi repository unaccessible with clean install and boot from sd. Have to try change sd (64Gb) and test all again.

Edited once, last by repip (October 14, 2018 at 4:04 PM).

• Edit:

Now kodi repository unaccessible with clean install and boot from sd. Have to try change sd (64Gb) and test all again.

not sure i fully understand. i've test the images: kodi repo, LE repo are available and work like expected. i've install a few addons without any troubles.

# 1 updated

• not sure i fully understand. i've test the images: kodi repo, LE repo are available and work like expected. i've install a few addons without any troubles.

# 1 updated

Tryed another sd clean install: 'Could not connect to repository' with kodi repo and Libreelec repo working. This happen with ethernet connection,

With wifi all is working ok. If I disable wifi and back to ethernet kodi repo seems working, but can't download from some sources. Modland addon too seems can't connect to internet.

Switching back to wifi all starts working again. Note not all internet conneciton is not working with ethernet: I was able to install simple pvr client from libre elec repo.

• Tryed another sd clean install: 'Could not connect to repository' with kodi repo and Libreelec repo working. This happen with ethernet connection,

With wifi all is working ok. If I disable wifi and back to ethernet kodi repo seems working, but can't download from some sources. Modland addon too seems can't connect to internet.

Switching back to wifi all starts working again. Note not all internet conneciton is not working with ethernet: I was able to install simple pvr client from libre elec repo.

can you try this one and check if fixe IP is ok and Ethernet is now stable?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6p3kape7i82t8ci/libreelec-x8-x8h.arm-9.0-devel-20181014203202-ee725a5.tar/file