LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• this time the links are ok

I tried your img but it does'nt boot on my minix U1. It freezes on the minix boot screen and nothing else happens.

did you choose the right dtb file?

i don't have any issue

edit: a too old Minix firmware may cause troubles

Edited once, last by datrh (November 25, 2018 at 9:11 PM).

• Hi, datrh. Firmware for s905x is .008 version? Where do you download the original image, which then modify? In the version .007 I downloaded the image from the USB/SD Creator. But in .008 version of the Amlogic devices is missing from the list (on the left tab).

• Installed latest from #1 on X8HP. LE and KODI working fine. Problem is installtointernal which fails with permission denied. Was the same problem on previous version. What is it I don't understand? (See SSH session below:)

login as: root

[email protected]'s password:

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

##############################################

LibreELEC (community): devel-20181125123316-d5a9b83 (X8-H_Plus.arm)

Minix:~ # installtointernal

-sh: installtointernal: Permission denied

Minix:~ #

• nothing ..... probably the permission was not correctly propagated

i will rebuild the img

• Hi, datrh. Firmware for s905x is .008 version? Where do you download the original image, which then modify? In the version .007 I downloaded the image from the USB/SD Creator. But in .008 version of the Amlogic devices is missing from the list (on the left tab).

it's a so called "community build"

i build it so it can't be in the official list of LE builds

Edited once, last by datrh (November 29, 2018 at 6:37 PM).

• #1,#2 updated

(installtointernal execute right ok)

x8-x8h : s802 + ap6330_nvram

x8hp: s812 + ap6335e_nvram

MXIII_Plus (or G): s812 + ap6330_nvram

for the adventurous ones , i guess it may works....(at your own risk)

if you have a compiled dtb for a 802 or 812 device, using the same wifi chip.

burn one of the le9 image, replace the dtb.img on the root of the sd with the compiled dtb of your device (rename it to dtb.img),boot

you may need to patch the bootloader to boot from SD....

the device remote will/may not work.

Edited once, last by datrh (December 7, 2018 at 7:47 AM).

• Hey guys just install LE to my Minix 8H after installing the new official minix firmware and my main problem is I can not install any repos to kodi it crashes all the time. Anything on this?

• X8HPlus, KODI 18.0RC2: i'm having trouble with Samba connections and crashes when pausing/stopping videos. Had no problems in RC1.

Anyone else experiencing this?

@NE: What do you refer to when You say "new official minix firmware"?

• X8HPlus, KODI 18.0RC2: i'm having trouble with Samba connections and crashes when pausing/stopping videos. Had no problems in RC1.

Anyone else experiencing this?

@NE: What do you refer to when You say "new official minix firmware"?

next release rc3 will have samba 4.9.4 (rc2 runs with samba 4.9.3).

probably a bug introduce with samba 4.9.3

Hey guys just install LE to my Minix 8H after installing the new official minix firmware and my main problem is I can not install any repos to kodi it crashes all the time. Anything on this?

LE repos and official kodi?