feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• Hi, I see Rockchip now added Mpeg2 VPU1 support to rkmpp. Maybe ...

Rockchip updated rockchip-linux/mpp but did NOT update compatible rockchip-linux/kernel and you receive errors like "rk_vcodec: vpu_service_ioctl:1847: error: unknown vpu service ioctl cmd 40086c01"...

Edited once, last by mcerveny (August 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM).

• Rockchip updated rockchip-linux/mpp but NOT updated to compatible rockchip-linux/kernel and you receive errors like "rk_vcodec: vpu_service_ioctl:1847: error: unknown vpu service ioctl cmd 40086c01"...

The 40086c01 error print will happen just once for ioctrl detection in mpp.

Please refer to mpp_device.c . There is two kernel ioctrl interface and mpp need to detect the correct one.:)

• muya

Hi, could you please tell me the current status of le on mvr9 box?

Is install on emmc supported? Would you recommend this box?

Could you explain how to get le on this box please?

• i can only tell you what in my case i had troubles with and it seems audio HDMI passthough works now, no more interrupts.

have to do deeper test but kwiboo and all others did a stunning job!

install on emmc is possible but i did it not yet but maybe now as no more issues for me.

have to try netflix and if it works smooth, RK3328 is better then S912 :D

remaining still the blinking LED

• i can only tell you what in my case i had troubles with and it seems audio HDMI passthough works now, no more interrupts.

have to do deeper test but kwiboo and all others did a stunning job!

install on emmc is possible but i did it not yet but maybe now as no more issues for me.

have to try netflix and if it works smooth, RK3328 is better then S912 :D

remaining still the blinking LED

does cec work? how to setup le on sdcard an boot?

• does cec work? how to setup le on sdcard an boot?

Hi

Yes, HDMI CEC works.

I use my tv remote to control LibreELEC, but I would recommend to use an airmouse or keyboard, it can move around with the mouse pointer much easier.

You unzip the LE tar.gz file(rk3328-trn9) and flash the .img file to a microsd card with Etcher(etcher.io).

Then insert it into the microsd card slot.

If the microsd card is inserted, on power on, it boots LibreELEC, if no microsd card is inserted, it boots Android.

You can use any microsd card but >=16GB and class 10 or higher speed will make sure everything runs without problems.

I will build my own images for the LED and different remotes, but waiting for HDR support that should be finished soon.

It was removed because a bug was found that needs fixing.

• netflix is not smooth (720p/1080p) but compared to S912 much better.

thought on RK3328 netflix would be smooth....

anyway, for local video files its working fine but i will keep my S912 box, its cooler and overall better build quality :D

• Hi,

What brand or model of rk3328 box are you testing?

Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by guil70 (August 25, 2018 at 6:27 AM).

• Do the onbord bluetooth, wireless keyboard and remote control work?

Does livetv 1080i50 h264 work?

• Do the onbord bluetooth, wireless keyboard and remote control work?

Does livetv 1080i50 h264 work?

Hi

Any USB wifi dongle, plugged in wireless remote/keyboard can work.

The ir remote also works, I usually build images for the remotes with orange D-pads and the black remote with numbered keys.

There are drivers for the bluetooth, but no one has enabled it yet since every device uses different ones and it's a little more difficult to implement it, should work in future.

Cheap bluetooth USB dongles plugged in already works.

Next Rockchip changes being done for LibreELEC as posted by the developers are HDR and LiveTV support.

1080i plays in Android in Kodi & RKMC already.

So the below 3 things still need to be fixed and are work in progress.

"At the moment HDR is still missing but will be added later this week and HD-Audio will take a little bit longer (this comes in the context of AML and RK Mainline Kernel)

1080i PVR streams crash the box relatively quickly (work in progress)

576i PVR streams only run at 50% of speed (work in progress)"