[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• @atreyu Some people do things for nothing, some others want everything for nothing ;)

EDIT:

Then there are those that have absolutely no idea what they're doing or what they want ;):D

Tell me about it.

I am confronted with the second part of the first group AND the last group on a dialy bases; i know that isn't always fun ;)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• As answered before, this addon is not ported to KODI 18(Leia)

You can ask skin developer, or stay on working skins

It could not be fixed by CoreELEC developer

Just FYI - the dev for that skin has recently released a Leia Alpha release in his repo that works pretty well.

noxx When installing the skin, just make sure to select the Leia version of the embuary skin. I'm using it on 2 of my devices, and it is fairly stable.

• Skin Mimic 6.0 is available for Leia and mostly working. The version in the Coreelec repository has no settings menu support but I found a version on github which has this functionality. Favourites is broken.

Shoog

• FernetMenta (member of Team Kodi) broke IR in Leia for all of Amlogic, LE/CE everything and nearly 2 weeks later and he still has not bothered to fix his f*** up.

We changed IR into Keyboard mode to get it working again but all of the old keycodes do not work in Keyboard mode hence your buttons are not working.

You have 2 options now

1. Create a new config from scratch for the MCE remote by following the IR instructions here and use keyboard IR keycodes
    2. Wait for our next release due in the next week where we have added most of the missing keycodes to Kodi.

So if I understand correctly, Lirc is essentially broken in Kodi 18 for Amlogic devices. That would explain why my Sony PS3 bluetooth remote no longer works. irw shows my scancodes/keycodes but Kodi completely ignores them. Unfortunately I don't think ir-keytable is an option for bluetooth so hopefully they fix this. For now, it still works in 8.90.0. Thanks for the info.

• Is it normal for HDR videos to be dark ?

I have tried all builds of libreelec on a s905 and a s912 and on all of them the image is a lot darker when compared to playing the exact same file through the lg plex app built into the tv.

The s905, s912 and the LG plex app all activate HDR on the tv.

I have the tv settings set to technicolour expert (with EXACTLY the same settings) for both sources.

I have tried enabling and disabling the 10 bit, 444 option.

Tried a few different brand new hdmi cables.

Whatever I try the picture is always a lot darker and less detailed when played though libreelec or coreelec than it is using my tv's built in plex app.

And of course the reason I bought the amlogic devices was so i could have HD sound, but not at the cost of losing picture quality.

• bindou  

If you don't know how you have nothing to do in this thread, nor use Alfa software; so stop polluting this thread !!!

First learn basics, then come back. This is not a teaching thread!

As already explained recently, the alpha version meets some needs. There are some of us TMDB members, or old beta testers without whom XMBC would not make so much sense. A little humility and cordiality would be welcome. I feel that this community project is turning into a sectarian project. The biased behavior of some members divides the community, and discourages newcomers from learning. It's a shame, this atmosphere does not serve. Note that this thread is reserved for developers / advanced users. Let's open another CoreElec 8.90.1 thread for the newbies.

My message will surely be deleted, but I wanted to share that.

I discovered the structure of this site, and indeed, I just saw that the 4th message of the first page of the thread answered one of my questions. It's not necessarily intuitive. I will persevere.

I wish long life to CoreElec; independence ; and open community.

Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by bindou ().

• Having a single thread for everything is just not fit for purpose.

Releases and updates should be in 1 locked thread with rolling updates on noticeable bugs.

Everything else should be elsewhere be it in their own threads or a single one which everybody contributes to, the current setup is not working.

• I discovered exactly the same on my Beelink with my LG-TV.

with the Libreelec devel-version the picture quality of HDR-videos is better (more details, not so dark) than with CE 8.9.X. but LE has other drawbacks, so I want to stay with LE...

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• I discovered exactly the same on my Beelink with my LG-TV.

with the Libreelec devel-version the picture quality of HDR-videos is better (more details, not so dark) than with CE 8.9.X. but LE has other drawbacks, so I want to stay with LE...

which devel version kindly link?

• sorry, must be of course:

... so I want to stay with CE... /shrug

link to LE devel and nightly versions:

Index of /

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• Is it normal for HDR videos to be dark ?

No. I've never experienced this. It would be your tv.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• You win - developer is gone -> NOTICE: Suspension of CoreELEC contributors @adamg and @Raybuntu

• You win - developer is gone ->

But bindou got his post count up - that's the main thing :D

Not much point hanging around here now

Bye

• Sad to see this happen...what now for Amlogic CoreELEC/LibreELEC?

Will CoreELEC live on over at CoreELEC.org which seems to be under construction or is this the end?