[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• bindou  

If you don't know how you have nothing to do in this thread, nor use Alfa software; so stop polluting this thread !!!

First learn basics, then come back. This is not a teaching thread!

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• I'm growing increasingly tired of all the problems, not just user or build related issues but things that have happened behind the scenes which have greatly effected me and other developers.

I have asked for issues to be posted on the issue tracker where they can be better managed and where I will happily respond to each and every issue raised, posting issues here accomplishes nothing and just bogs the thread down.

By opening an issue on GitHub it is not just myself who will respond but also afl1, Raybuntu and others, issues can be dealt with on a 1:1 basis without all of the noise the forums generate and they can be better tracked and issues will generally get resolved much much quicker and in a more orderly fashion.

• So maybe we will need a FAQ in at the top. And you ignore all problems without debug log and so in in these posts.

• That is how this thread was supposed to be used, as indicated by Post #5 (Just after the FAQ). :thumbup:

Sadly, the number of people refusing to follow those simple directions does seem to be growing at an alarming rate =O

• Sadly, the number of people refusing to follow those simple directions does seem to be growing at an alarming rate =O

The number of people are offended if You told them to read some FAQ.

Best choice would be to moderate such threads by a non developer moderator

• Best choice would be to moderate such threads by a non developer moderator

I don't know if it makes any difference that he is a dev or not but it's a shame that GDPR-2 couldn't / didn't

thoroughly moderate this thread and delete any posts that I feel are off topic.

as he was intending to.

I don't think he anticipated what a huge task that would turn turn out to be.

Let's face it, this thread now is just a live FAQ for the lazy. :D

• I don't know if it makes any difference that he is a dev or not but it's a shame that GDPR-2 couldn't / didn't

as he was intending to.

A developer could be a good moderator, but most developers have not enough time to read and answer all the questions.

Better get a moderator to do this, giving hints to read FAQ etc.

So the developers can do their work.

Only a few questions must be answered by developers, 90% questions are repeated and answered many times, but the people dont´t want to read - they want a personal answer soon - from developer or developing team.

If they get an answer like 'pls read FAQ' or it´s PEBKAC -> offended.

Many people could´t distinguish between LibreELEC/CoreELEC, KODI or other related issues

• but most developers have not enough time to read and answer all the questions.

Absolutely :thumbup:

• hello

installation on my 905 devices was easy, but i have problems

to install addons and skins (e.g. Embuary Skin or Emby-Addon).

coreelec dont install the addon-dependencies. is there a trick?

• Snobbery is more harmful than ignorance.

If it takes a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples in a barrel of grapes? :/

• I'm growing increasingly tired of all the problems, not just user or build related issues but things that have happened behind the scenes which have greatly effected me and other developers.

I have asked for issues to be posted on the issue tracker where they can be better managed and where I will happily respond to each and every issue raised, posting issues here accomplishes nothing and just bogs the thread down.

By opening an issue on GitHub it is not just myself who will respond but also afl1, Raybuntu and others, issues can be dealt with on a 1:1 basis without all of the noise the forums generate and they can be better tracked and issues will generally get resolved much much quicker and in a more orderly fashion.

I figured as much and I do understand.

Just make sure it stays enjoyable for yourself, one way or the other. That's the only important part.

Cheers!

\Atreyu

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• @atreyu Some people do things for nothing, some others want everything for nothing ;)

EDIT:

Then there are those that have absolutely no idea what they're doing or what they want ;):D

• hello

installation on my 905 devices was easy, but i have problems

to install addons and skins (e.g. Embuary Skin or Emby-Addon).

coreelec dont install the addon-dependencies. is there a trick?

Many of the addons (especially the skins) have not yet been fully ported to Leia. Many will not get ported until just before official release. This is what you get when you run a bleeding edge development build.

The only Skin which can be guaranteed to be fully supported is Estuary.

Shoog

• As answered before, this addon is not ported to KODI 18(Leia)

You can ask skin developer, or stay on working skins

It could not be fixed by CoreELEC developer