[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Overclocking is pointless, it will yield no benefits especially on the S912 because of libhybris, it will just create more heat then thermal throttling will kick in and lower the clocks back down anyway.

• Is anyone else having problems with rc-6 mce remotes? It’s my understanding they are supposed to be supported out the box.

All keys work apart from ‘back’ when I go into key map editor back shows as ‘browser back’ and won’t allow me to add the back key from the remote?

Yes, i reported this already. Cant get 'back' to work no matter what on 8.90.1.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

Edited once, last by atreyu ().

• Cant get 'back' to work no matter what on 8.90.1.

Is the key not detected or just not actioned? ( is the code shown on screen after ir-keytable -t )

I had an issue with a few keys using the Pivos setup on a Harmony remote but found that they were easily remapped using the key editor addon ;)

• No, codes are not recognized so remapping is not an option.

I guess the new keyboard approach causes it ('menu' key, which i use for 'home' is also not putting out an ir code).

I tried with the buildin xbox360 map and creating a custom one. No dice.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I use those keys along with a /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml file I adopted somewhere along the line that I've been playing with and an empty 98-eventlircd.rulesfile in /.config/udev.rules.d and all the keys are working fine (back even works as previous in menus and backspace when inputting text)

I don't know where I got the remote.xml from, one of the links around here somewhere, but it works a treat 8)

• Are you using an rc6-mce remote? Other ir remotes using nec protocol dont show the issue for me.

If so, i'll follow up on your tip,thanks!

• Ah that's prolly it! I'm using Harmony loaded with Pivos XIOS DS setup (nec).

Red herring then, sorry :(

• I suspected as much, seems to be mce remote related. I switched back to 8.90.0 because of this, but still have a test system running the latest. I'll have another go at it later, but i dont expect to be able to solve this at user level.

Cheers, Atreyu

• Yes, I have exactly the same problem. 8.90.0 worked perfectly. Did an update to 8.90.1 and "back" button stopped working. This is on an Odroid C2.

Odroid C2

Rpi2

• Yes, i have seen multiple interactions between users and devs about this.

It seems it's being troubleshooted at the proper level :). Lets wait and see..

Regards,

Atreyu

• Overclocking is pointless, it will yield no benefits especially on the S912 because of libhybris, it will just create more heat then thermal throttling will kick in and lower the clocks back down anyway.

Well, on the other hand, it has a very positive effect on GUI behavior. GUI is faster and snappier especially on heavy skins. The temp rise on a properly cooled S912 is only 3°-4°C, (on my X92 properly cooled box the CPU temperature never gets over 55°-60°C ) so not a deal-breaker...

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• not sure if anyone can help me with this, but ive installed the 8.2.4.1 version as a test and it works so this is defiantly an issue with CoreELEC or Kodi Leia. Any ideas?

• not sure if anyone can help me with this, but ive installed the 8.2.4.1 version as a test and it works so this is defiantly an issue with CoreELEC or Kodi Leia. Any ideas?

stick on 8.2.4.1 for now then. There’s a lot of changes in the remote system apparently.

The next version will apparently fix a lot of remote issues.

Matt

• Have you tried enabling crazycat drivers?

Apologies Adam, I have googled, and searched, and researched the git, but cannot find info on how to enable the drivers ...

Some guidance would be great ..

• Apologies Adam, I have googled, and searched, and researched the git, but cannot find info on how to enable the drivers ...

Some guidance would be great ..

System->Add-ons->My add-ons->services ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray