[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Go and read "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" vs "Sync Playback to Display"

Use adjust display refresh rate.

In some cases (e.g. german Lost TV series) native 24p playback is bad!

You have pitched down sound.

How about a "secret" command which can be put to autostart.sh to still enable "Sync Playback to Display"?

For me it works well with 2 channel audio output.

When i set Output to 5.1 or use Passtrhough with ac3 transcoding the Problems begin.

• Switched the cable for a new one, Belkin High Speed, and the issues seem to be solved so far.

Have not experienced any problem for 3+ hours of playback.

Thank you for the help and suggestions!!

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

• The problem is each time I add something a ton of people come to ask what it is or change the settings without understanding them then come and complain and it wastes our time tracking down what the issue is.

I have a ton of ideas I would love to implement to make things easier for everyone and have been put off for this reason.

Hehe yes, I am aware of all sorts of people, to lazy to read footnotes, but there are many of us that check everything before asking unnecessary questions. Stupid, lame, unnecessary questions should just be ignored :)

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

I have a ton of ideas I would love to implement to make things easier for everyone and have been put off for this reason.

Maybe a separate addon for AML advanced settings. They did this for the Pi versions of Libreelec and it allowed for simple adjustment of overclocking and other nice Pi specific features. A disclaimer pointing out that it is not part of Coreelec would then at least filter out most of the noise.

Shoog

• Maybe a separate addon for AML advanced settings. They did this for the Pi versions of Libreelec and it allowed for simple adjustment of overclocking and other nice Pi specific features. A disclaimer pointing out that it is not part of Coreelec would then at least filter out most of the noise.

Shoog

I like this idea and will consider it, thanks.

• @blackie
    With HDR you can modulate the intensity of the lighting pixel by pixel to Nit near. A skin designer making a dark interface and glowing buttons, for example ; can reduce consumption. In addition, we can imagine in the future, a parameter to adjust the brightness of the Skin, as in video games.

In my case, I use Kodi only for UHD sources (HDR) (reports and film). So 100% of my content is HDR. It is a shame that the switch interface in SDR every time. Over time, there will be more and more people in my case. It is avangardist to consider an HDR interface, I think, this is only a suggestion.

Making this an adjustable option in the settings can not be a bad idea.

But this is a Kodi issue ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• If you enable "Sync Playback to Display", "Allow passthrough" and "Enable AC3 transcoding", There is no problem with playback 24p :)

--edit--

And "Numbers of channels" = 2

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Guys i bought an amazon fire tv stick remote to replace my fire tv remote that was broken

it pairs nicely but is compoletly unresponsive, the larger fire tv remote works

i thought id rest it so i removed the usb and booted up the MINIX frontend with kodi and it worked perfectly leading me to believe its not working with coreelec

can anyone help and any idea why this would happen?

FIRETV STICK REMOTE THAT DOESNT WORK

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=1949 Product=0404 Version=011b

N: Name="Amazon Fire TV Remote"

P: Phys=ac:83:f3:9e:33:6f

S: Sysfs=/devices/c11084c0.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci1/hci1:12/0005:1949:0404.0003/inp ut/input6

U: Uniq=40:b4:cd:1c:0c:3e

H: Handlers=kbd event6

B: PROP=0

B: EV=10001b

B: KEY=10000 1110 40000800 1681 0 0 0

B: ABS=100 0

B: MSC=10

FIRETV REMOTE THAT DOES WORK

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=1949 Product=0401 Version=0112

N: Name="Amazon Fire TV Remote"

P: Phys=ac:83:f3:9e:33:6f

S: Sysfs=/devices/c11084c0.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci1/hci1:13/0005:1949:0401.0004/inp ut/input7

U: Uniq=b4:99:4c:5e:d3:cd

H: Handlers=kbd event7

B: PROP=0

B: EV=10001b

B: KEY=2000000 0 0 0 0 2010000 1110 40000800 1e1681 0 0 0

B: ABS=100 0

B: MSC=10

• Some people need to spend a bit more time reading the explanations at the bottom of the Kodi Settings screens:

Sync Playback to Display:

Synchronise video and audio to the refresh rate of the monitor. VideoPlayer won't use passthrough audio in this case because resampling may be required.

For example:

If you do not have a TV with 24p refresh switching capabilities you can...

Set a Kodi GUI refresh rate of 50Hz.

24p streaming video will be sped up to 25 frames per second and output at 50Hz.

All Audio is resampled to resynced to 25fps to match the sped up video.

You might also hear an audio pitch change.

• If you enable "Sync Playback to Display", "Allow passthrough" and "Enable AC3 transcoding", There is no problem with playback 24p :)

--edit--

And "Numbers of channels" = 2

No 2re advice like this is bad, sync playback to display should never be enabled and will be removed in the next version

• Is anyone else having problems with rc-6 mce remotes? It’s my understanding they are supposed to be supported out the box.

All keys work apart from ‘back’ when I go into key map editor back shows as ‘browser back’ and won’t allow me to add the back key from the remote?

Thanks for the great builds, this is the only problem I can find over 3 boxes.

Matt

Ps it was working on the previous alpha builds.

• No 2re advice like this is bad, sync playback to display should never be enabled and will be removed in the next version

My Bad... Should be "Adjust display refresh rate" Sorry...:angel:

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Is gpu acceleration possible in these builds ?

Yes.

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• No 2re advice like this is bad, sync playback to display should never be enabled and will be removed in the next version

I need sync playback to display because I get lipsync issues sometimes. The chain between my Vorke Z6 Plus, Yamaha TSR-7810, and LG OLED 65C6P TV has too much latency during the playback of some videos. The TV has a Game and PC mode, which reduce latency, however with those modes I lose features such as True Motion. The latency seems variable, so if I adjust the audio delay on the receiver or within Kodi, it goes out of sync again.

I'm using 18Gbps Monoprice HDMI cables end to end.

Vorke Z6 Plus (S912)

• I need sync playback to display because I get lipsync issues sometimes. The chain between my Vorke Z6 Plus, Yamaha TSR-7810, and LG OLED 65C6P TV has too much latency during the playback of some videos. The TV has a Game and PC mode, which reduce latency, however with those modes I lose features such as True Motion. The latency seems variable, so if I adjust the audio delay on the receiver or within Kodi, it goes out of sync again.

I'm using 18Gbps Monoprice HDMI cables end to end.

Game mode has no effect on movies, It just disables all the picture enhancements so joystick/keyboard actions are more accurate. Every thing send from your box should be in sync no mater how long the delay from encoding to receiving is. Do you have a sample I can test?

--edit--

Or maybe it's your "True Motion" that is the problem?

-2re

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray