[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• blackie

Nothing makes it difficult to set the luminance of the interface 0-100% in Kodi's parmateter / display (at the choice of the user) ; as is the case in HDR video games.

"I have no problem if this would be an optional setting in the future..." +1

This is the subject of my request.

#Update

8.90.1 -> I see 3 bugs :

Subtitle : Jerks appear when I turn on subtitles.

Region : The Interface / Region / Fr -> settings return to -> EN (After a long period of inactivity.)

Framerate : Fall framerate in the animations, when there are lots of covers on the screen. (50fps max -> 30fps moy -> 25fps drop) While the CPU is less than 60%.

Cordially.

Edited 2 times, last by bindou ().

• In your opinion, is it technically feasible to design an HDR interface ?

CoreElec has no interface. It's a JeOS that runs Kodi (which does have an interface).

You are asking the question in the wrong forum, since the CoreElec devs (here) deal with CoreElec and the Kodi devs deal with Kodi (over at their forums). ;)

• No, useless question to be honest

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• In my case, I use Kodi only for UHD sources (HDR) (reports and film). So 100% of my content is HDR. It is a shame that the switch interface in SDR every time. Over time, there will be more and more people in my case. It is avangardist to consider an HDR interface, I think, this is only a suggestion.

Making this an adjustable option in the settings can not be a bad idea.

Your ideas should be aimed at the Kodi forums, not here, CE/LE is an OS and you are preaching to the wrong choir and if you continue with your antagonistic trolling then I will continue to remove your posts.

Any problems should be posted to the Issues page as described on the first post.

• GDPR-2  
    "Your ideas should be aimed at the Kodi forums, not here, CE/LE is an OS and you are preaching to the wrong choir and if you continue with your antagonistic trolling then I will continue to remove your posts."

It was my inttention from the start, from where the subject of my question ... what version of Kodi ... We go around in circles. Sorry to be bad on the bottom and the form. However, it is perhaps time that some members here also question the relationship, that can turn the minority beginners... The magnitude of such a benign thing is absurd. Attention to the group effect. A little diplomacy in this world of crude.

"Any problems should be posted to the Issues page as described on the first post."

Still sorry. What is the purpose of this topic in this case? I try to understand to avoid committing errors again.

• Your ideas should be aimed at the Kodi forums, not here, CE/LE is an OS and you are preaching to the wrong choir

Well, there is a dedicated settings section for CoreElec in Kodi System Settings; so is it OK to ask if some more options can find their way there?

For example a setting for disabling all "Dirty Regions" with a note what it affects.

And a setting for GPU overclock, with note what it affects.

I use both settings on my X92 box with all CE versions without ANY issues...

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• Are You kidding us ?

CE 8.9.1 - KODI V18 Alpha

Please, stop with this contempt. : /

I thought there were multiple versions "KODI V18 Alpha" .

Well, where am I going? Which forum? To talk about future improvements and suggest things without being insulted.

• Please, stop with this contempt. : /

Yes, every day a new version from kodi devs

Why not have a look to Systeminformation in CE ?

OK, understood - You are to lazy to do that :thumbdown:

• Well, there is a dedicated settings section for CoreElec in Kodi System Settings; so is it OK to ask if some more options can find their way there?

For example a setting for disabling all "Dirty Regions" with a note what it affects.

And a setting for GPU overclock, with note what it affects.

I use both settings on my X92 box with all CE versions without ANY issues...

The problem is each time I add something a ton of people come to ask what it is or change the settings without understanding them then come and complain and it wastes our time tracking down what the issue is.

I have a ton of ideas I would love to implement to make things easier for everyone and have been put off for this reason.

Please, stop with this contempt. : /

There is, there is hundreds of them, each time a new contribution is made to Kodi then it is in effect a new version.

Stable versions of LE follow a single individual build/revision of Kodi for example 8.2 follows Kodi 17.6.

Alpha versions of CE (8.90) follow the latest bleeding edge revision of Kodi which has no version number, it is simply referred to as Kodi-master for all intents and purposes.

Beta versions will be the same (8.95)

It will not be until stable (9.0) that CE follows a single individual revision/build of Kodi.

• Please, stop with this contempt. : /

Well, where am I going? Which forum? To talk about future improvements and suggest things without being insulted.

No one is insulting you. You didn't want to improve Coreelec. You asked a question that you could easily have answered yourself. Most people just don't understand how little you try to solve problems on your own by searching forums and reading threads. There are so many posts of you which are deleted - it's incredible.

By saying "I'm not at home" you showed your unwillingness to do some work by yourself.