[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

I've tried to copy over the whole dvb mediaclient package from raybuntu's release, but I'm getting the same error also with this.

So I'm pretty confused what is the problem.

In the link from below also a similar topic was found...

Interesting is that the mediaclient works, can lock to a frequency, but otherwise I'm getting the error

DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success] and the strem won't start...

So if I'm using the same binary package from Raybuntu's build, where the tuner is working, I guess it has to do with something missing from the kernel itself.

However, I've read that Sundtek has only the USB part in the kernel space, the rest is in user space.

The tuner is recognized and visible in tvheadend.

I've also tried both 4.2 and 4.3 version with the same result.

• Hello guys,

I installed on my box the last coreelec. Before I used libreelec 8.90, I did everything from scratch and it is working quite fine but I have three issues:

1. 5ghz wireless is not anymore available, I can select only 2.4ghz networks. Wrong dtb?

2. Playloader is extremely slow, before it was able to load my list in 10/15 seconds, now it takes 5/6 minutes (tried 1.1.7 and 2.0) :-(

3. Sometime when I go the main guide and I select a channel without info, the box hangs.

CAn you help me?

• If you feel there is a bug or something is not working then open an issue as described on the first page, this is the quickest and easiest way for us to provide support.

• GDPR-2  

Why did you disable/remove sync playback to display option?

Because as it has been said more than 1000x that these option causes poor video playback.

Syncing playback to display is already done by default by libamcodec, there is absolutely no need to turn it on in Kodi unless you want to come onto the forums and complain of poor quality playback and then to waste our time whilst we try and debug what is causing it.

Sorry for the rant in advance.

• where can i change the button config

i had in 8.2 a keybord.xml modified to start a script when i press the blue button

now it dosent work anymore where can i edit this in the new version ?

• Set up of my new Sony XBR75x85e was kinda strange. Its a UHD set, 3840 x 2160. Everything runs through my Denon AVR and then HDMI out to the TV. I hooked up a couple Abox A1Max boxes loaded with Coreelec to the AVR and then checked resolution. One defaulted to 1280 x 720 and the other to 1920 x 1080P. neither would change to 3840 x 2160 and I tried several times with and without reboots. Finally tried 4096 x 2160 @60hz and the boxes accepted it. I then tried to change them to 3840 x 2160 and they accepted that. Not sure why, but everything seems OK for now.

MXIII-G, M8 and Beeklink MXIII Plus LE 8.2.2 - Demetris, Mecool M8S Pro+/Abox A1, Abox A1 Max Coreelec 9.0.2. Thanks to all.

• Because as it has been said more than 1000x that these option causes poor video playback.

Syncing playback to display is already done by default by libamcodec, there is absolutely no need to turn it on in Kodi unless you want to come onto the forums and complain of poor quality playback and then to waste our time whilst we try and debug what is causing it.

Sorry for the rant in advance.

and why does 24p material have the once per second 24p stutter on 50hz display when "Syncing playback to display" is disabled ?

there are people living in europe with a tv system called "pal".

many tv series on 24p german blurays have pitched down sound because the audio was created for 25fps tv broadcasting.

for example tv series "lost". the german version in 24p is like a sleeping pill.

so, how can we run 24p with 25fps to match pals 50hz with new coreelecs?

• so, how can we run 24p with 25fps to match pals 50hz with new coreelecs?

Go and read "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" vs "Sync Playback to Display"

Use adjust display refresh rate.

• If you feel there is a bug or something is not working then open an issue as described on the first page, this is the quickest and easiest way for us to provide support.

Thanks GDPR-2 , I can reproduce the bug of the guide and another of channel icon, I will prepare logs as described in the wiki and I will open the issues.

BTW about WiFi? I don't think is a bug but a wrong setting, what can you recommend me?

• Try to use a lower 5ghz channel number. Anything under 100 works for me.

• @Devs

In your opinion, is it technically feasible to design an HDR interface ? In order to have better gradations thanks to the Rec2020. As well as a greater contrast and more beautiful colors. On top of that, it would reduce the cutoff number caused by SDR <-> HDR (For those with more HDR content). Finally, this would offer new possibilities to skins designers.

That would make Kodi, the world's first HDR interface / OS !

• Thanks !
    Too bad we can not disable directly from the Kodi settings in the graphical interface. Why not offer this option?

Remember that Kodi Leia / Coreelec is still alpha and therefore in an early development. The subtitle stutter cause (dirty regions) was just discovered by wrxtasy . There's a structural fix on it's way: GPU AML - mali update to r7p0 - Subtitles fix - improve AML rendering by wrxtasy · Pull Request #1 · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

• @Devs

In your opinion, is it technically feasible to design an HDR interface ? In order to have better gradations thanks to the Rec2020. As well as a greater contrast and more beautiful colors. On top of that, it would reduce the cutoff number caused by SDR <-> HDR (For those with more HDR content). Finally, this would offer new possibilities to skins designers.

That would make Kodi, the world's first HDR interface / OS !

Menu in HDR mode is not recommended for HDR LCD TVs because backlight/brightness is typically set to max in HDR mode and so it the power consumption. Similar problem appeared in early firmware version of AppleTV 4K and resolved in later firmware versions.

Most of the content is still SDR and overdrive the TV backlight to the max without a good reason is not the best idea IMHO.

I have no problem support request to upgrade interface to 10-bit SDR mode which could bring benefits in color gradations.

Tanix TX7 @ LE 8.90.3, Mecool KI Pro @ LE 8.90.3, Beelink MiniMX III @ LE 8.90.3

Edited once, last by blackie ().

• @blackie
    With HDR you can modulate the intensity of the lighting pixel by pixel to Nit near. A skin designer making a dark interface and glowing buttons, for example ; can reduce consumption. In addition, we can imagine in the future, a parameter to adjust the brightness of the Skin, as in video games.

In my case, I use Kodi only for UHD sources (HDR) (reports and film). So 100% of my content is HDR. It is a shame that the switch interface in SDR every time. Over time, there will be more and more people in my case. It is avangardist to consider an HDR interface, I think, this is only a suggestion.

Making this an adjustable option in the settings can not be a bad idea.

Edited 4 times, last by bindou ().

• I presume you have an OLED TV which really can modulate the intensity of the lighting pixel by pixel.

Not so for HDR LCD TV where the whole panel backlight is be set to max and local dimming comes to help.

At the same time power consumption typically rises from 100 watts to 200-250 watts in HDR mode.

I have no problem if this would be an optional setting in the future...

Tanix TX7 @ LE 8.90.3, Mecool KI Pro @ LE 8.90.3, Beelink MiniMX III @ LE 8.90.3