[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• how to overclock Gpu (666) ?

Add command to autostart.sh

Code
    1. echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

Or if you don't have your autostart.sh, make one. Copy text below to a text editor, (in Windows use Notepad++)

Shell-Script
    1. #!/bin/sh
    2. (echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq;
    3. )&

and save the file as autostart.sh. After reboot you should have GPU running at 666MHz on an S905W box...

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• The auto update code is not complete yet, it will notify you that an update is available however you will have to download it manually at present until it is complete

Rebuilt tonight with coreelec, altho my DVB-T is not being detected any more :( , I cant seem to find ref any where to say if the drivers are no longer in the image..

Have you tried enabling crazycat drivers?

• Because how can my remote possibly work if the input device isn't there?

Anyone knows the answer to this question?

I have the same issue with the latest build, it all worked on 8.90.0 but not 8.90.1.

READ THIS, invest 15 minutes and make your own configuration file. =O

Edited once, last by Poida ().

• I have updated to latest CoreELEC 8.90.1 but the issue still exist.

Attached is log file.

kodi.zip

Is there any option that could prevent the issue. So far I am now going back to my old Revo 3610 Atom 330 for playback.

Your help on this will be very appreciated.

Also, I would like to mention that Submit Log, Upload latest Kodi log and configs under CoreELEC Settings menu does not work. I always get Failed to paste log files message.

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

• Could you try and remove this on your advancedsettings, this is not needed on s905.

<gui>

<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>

</gui>

have you tried using a different hdmi cable

• Thanks for the suggestion. I cant find any autostart.sh ( Autostart.sh [LibreELEC.wiki] ) and also checked /etc/profile, just to be sure.

But you might be on to something, so I'll continue investigating tonight.

2xMinix U1, Onkyo NR626 and Samsung 40" 4K TV

• READ THIS, invest 15 minutes and make your own configuration file. =O

Yes I have read that, and I have got the configuration files (they've been there for quite a few versions by now). This all worked in 8.90.0 but not in 8.90.1, which is why I reported it.

• Hi again, I'm now in the office but thought I'd check what the settings actually are:

Code
    1. CoreELEC:~ # ir-keytable
    2. Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
    3. Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty
    4. lirc device: /dev/lirc0
    5. Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6
    6. Enabled protocols: nec
    7. Name: meson-ir
    8. bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
    9. Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

So you might be on to something! Thanks again, I will check it out when I get home.

And also, just in case anyone asks:

• Sounds like a bad HDMI cable to me.

• librenoob

Do you have problems with your remote? Sorry for the question, but this thread is really bloated.

Try

meson-ir * /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/M1_REMOTE

instaead of

meson-ir * M1_REMOTE

EDIT: Should also work your way.

@all

Wouldn't it be better to have one thread for each release?

• Yes I have read that, and I have got the configuration files (they've been there for quite a few versions by now). This all worked in 8.90.0 but not in 8.90.1, which is why I reported it.

I have solved the problem by adding "systemctl stop eventlircd" in "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" (new file).

I don't know why, but this helped.

• I have solved the problem by adding "systemctl stop eventlircd" in "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" (new file).

I don't know why, but this helped.

Thanks, I'll give that a go when I get home.

• The auto update code is not complete yet, it will notify you that an update is available however you will have to download it manually at present until it is complete

Have you tried enabling crazycat drivers?

I have not :(

Mostly as I havent found out how one would do that . :(

• I don't know why, but this helped.

because you have turned off an ir receiver/decoder/interpreter that you are not using, preventing it from unnecessarily intercepting any signals that it might have otherwise ;)

• CoreELEC is an basically a minimal linux distribution on which to run Kodi.

We can help with hardware related issues with the actual box you are running CoreELEC on but anything beyond that is outside of our remit.

For those not familiar with the kodi/hardware/code, the problem is knowing just that...

Even those like me who have some background, when introducing to new systems could take a while before it becames clear.

I had a problem... and a dream :)

After a few tests, I got:

1. my box worked almost perfectly with 8.90 on SD (a few files from a TV series had problems with fuild playback);
    2. installed to internal; got those problems and one more: at least one file, that always played without problems for many years (in many configurations, including the first RPi), also had video stutter;
    3. installed 8.2.3.1 to internal: perfect!! (but my programmable remote is already configured to 8.90 version...)
    4. reinstalled 8.90, from my working SD, to internal;
    5. I now have a perfect system!!!! No problem at all with those files, and the speed from internal memory is like 10x faster than SD (for exemple, it takes 6-10s to scrap a new TV series, while from SD that could take 1-2minutes; also, I don't see placemarks when browsing my library, while the 'SD version' I see then many times before they were replaced by their respective thumbnails)

Was that an hardware, CoreELEC or KODI problem?

I know now is not a hardware problem... and I'm happy!! :cool:

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• AFAIK dirty regions will be or have already been removed in Leia in favour of a more modern rendering technique (not sure at the moment if the PR has already been merged in master). You can try for yourselves if dirty regions are even active with

Code
    1. <gui>
    2. <visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions>
    3. </gui>

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)