[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Hehe, don't care much about it.., same as he :)

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• Guys, I have MXQ 4k box with S905 and 1GB of RAM

It runs without problems all the build from kszaq (for instance this one), but does not boot with any of the images from here:

Releases · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

I mean I tried most of them, but I'd hope the one named "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.1.img.gz" should work... But it doesn't :(

Is there any way to fix it?

Or can I maybe use the working image from kszaq and then copy some of the files from the CoreELEC image, to have the newer kodi?

• What if you do this workaround:

1. install a fresh img from kszaq

2. take the .tar (update) file from 8.90.1

3. put it in the .update folder

4. reboot and update

For me this workaround on my 912 and 905 works fine.

Had before also problems with a fresh install only with the 890.1 image.

Greetz,

J

Based in GERMANY — working in cigar business — part time freelance webdesigner — PS4 Console Gamer and TV Show Junkie :cool:

S912 with CE on NAND — S905x with CE on SD-Card (with EmulationStation&KODI shanti‘s build) - Odroid N2 with CE on emmc and EmuELEC on SD-Cad — 4K 65“ Sony — 4K Onkyo DD/DTSHD/ATMOS Receiver

• Hello everyone,

I just moved from meecool m8S Pro+ (with a pre-8.90.0 release) to beelink Gt1 ultimate.

I installed a fresh 8.90.1 release on the GT1. Boot on sd-card. everything seem run fine except lan gigabyte ethernet. No link esablished. If I boot on default android system lan work as expected (so I can exclude hardware problem)

I thought that the Device tree was not correct (As I remembered that on 912 we had to select dtd base on memory and ethernet). but don't find the dtd page link anymore. Can somobody provide me back this link or points me some some resource to help me resolve my issue?

Thank you .

• replace the dtb.img with your devices's dtb.img

don't leave today's commit for tomorrow:!:

• It takes the update, but then does not boot anymore

Error message like this:

• replace the dtb.img with your devices's dtb.img

I tried that, but none of the dtb files worked

Also does not work when I copy the one from kszaq's build.

It's just booting form internal flash, instead of the memory card.

• Azetoth

Like you, I have never managed to run the drivers of the beelink Ultimate. I am obliged to use the drivers of the old Bellink (2GB). :(

You are right, if I use 2GB it works...

Thank you for your advice! As lan is more important for me than the 1GB RAM, I will stick with this config.

• If you have WIN PC, connect card and rename FAT partitotion label to COREELEC

yeah kikul i forgot this part 🤭 sorry 😁

Based in GERMANY — working in cigar business — part time freelance webdesigner — PS4 Console Gamer and TV Show Junkie :cool:

S912 with CE on NAND — S905x with CE on SD-Card (with EmulationStation&KODI shanti‘s build) - Odroid N2 with CE on emmc and EmuELEC on SD-Cad — 4K 65“ Sony — 4K Onkyo DD/DTSHD/ATMOS Receiver

• If you have WIN PC, connect card and rename FAT partitotion label to COREELEC

Thank you.

Had to also change the name of the other partition to STORAGE, but then it booted and works just fine.

Thanks a lot - you guys are awesome!

• The only problem I have with this new version is that my IR remote does not work anymore.

In /storage/.config I have the same remote.conf file that worked on kszaq's build.

Any ideas?

• The only problem I have with this new version is that my IR remote does not work anymore.

In /storage/.config I have the same remote.conf file that worked on kszaq's build.

Any ideas?

yes, read LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Beelink MiniMKIII (CoreELEC)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• Hi sorry forgot to ask, what is the number of channels setting?

Sorry just wanting to make sure I've got the same setting as you to test.

Thanks

Number of channels: 2.0

And of course, all Passthrough deactivated.

2xMinix U1, Onkyo NR626 and Samsung 40" 4K TV

• kikul , read the fist page, there is an answer on the same question

I'm, not quite sure what I should do...

Tried different config files and none od them seems to work.

When I follow the instructions from the fist post, the read the codes from my remote:

Code
    1. CoreELEC:~ # systemctl stop kodi
    2. CoreELEC:~ # systemctl stop eventlircd
    3. Failed to stop eventlircd.service: Unit eventlircd.service not loaded.
    4. CoreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -t
    5. No devices found