[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• I have same problem in my s905x for 8.2 and 9.0 libreelec and corelelec box but when I install libreelec 7 nougat based kernal build no stutter visible.

• how to transfer buttons on the remote control for FullscreenLiveTV and PVROSDChannels? On firmware 8.2.3.1 in the file keyboard.xml in the item FullscreenLiveTV assigned another function to the menu buttons, ok, left, right. and they worked only in FullscreenLiveTV and how to do it now?

• Hi all I've been on Freaktab to see if I can get a custom rom for my M9+ S905X Android box but no look on replies I'm a noob to finding the right rom as I would like Android 7.1.1, think I can get it to that unless there's any higher version .

could anyone plz help me as I've heard I can dual boot your LibreELEC and have my Android still.

1 question I'd like to know if this LibreELEC just boots kodi or has android also.

My box is M9+ S905X when I switch it on it comes up with the name Trongle

build number p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J20170306 test=keys

ROM_VERSION: 112MINI

says MediaBox in about

Thank you to all you great programmer's in advance

Here's some screen shots from cpu-z to help hopefully

Screenshot_20180421-210445.pngScreenshot_20180421-210455.pngScreenshot_20180421-210502.pngScreenshot_20180421-210518.png

• I get this problem when I try to update to CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0.tar from kszaq's 8.2.3.1

While installing
    2018-04-21 23_03_19-VID_20180417_181813.mp4 - PotPlayer.jpg

While booting
    2018-04-21 23_04_55-VID_20180417_181813.mp4 - PotPlayer.jpg

I can't access to the logs because device is not booting.

I have the backup of 8.2.3.1, so I can restore it and check if there's anything wrong with it.

don't leave today's commit for tomorrow:!:

Edited once, last by bahtsiz_bedevi ().

• @JohnyBoy2o17

Not sure why you would post in this specific thread. Your general question doesn't belong here. As a new xxxElec user, you should first study the information on the LibreElec website which explains in detail what LibreElec is about. Then start with one of the stable releases.

@bahtsiz_bedevi

Are you upgrading from a standard install? I looks like you might have changed your installation to use internal memory of your device for data. In that case you need to change the partition label. Best to start from scratch with a fresh install of the ROM of your choice.

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

• If you look at couple pages back you will see a problem exactly like yours.and there is an answer as well.I will paste it here just for you.

The storage partition changed its Label from LIBREELEC_DISK to STORAGE between those versions.

If you can SSH into the box or have access to a fallback console you can rename the LIBREELEC_DISK Label to STORAGE and this should allow you to boot.

do some reading people.

• Thanks for your sarcastic answer.
    Unfortunately I'm not sitting at my computer whole day and read each post as they get posted.
    And yes I did search on google, visited several dozens of websites for this error.

GDPR-2 Could you put this info to the FAQ section in the 2nd post?

Edited once, last by bahtsiz_bedevi ().

• Yes it's a standard install. However I remember that in ksazq's thread, devs were talking about incorrect partition names.
    May be I'm one of those unlucky ones.

Unfortunately I'm not sitting at my computer whole day and read each post as they get posted.
    And yes I did search on google, visited several dozens of websites for this error.

Its not really sarcastic when the same question and answer were presented at least twice in this thread.

As a user its our responsibility to try to solve our own problems and a simple search could have solved yours.

Shoog

• You have to do a fresh install. Kszaq's device trees are not compatible with CoreElec, that's why you get that error. Restore your back up afterwards.

• You have to do a fresh install. Kszaq's device trees are not compatible with CoreElec, that's why you get that error. Restore your back up afterwards.

• ok so I've updated to the coreelec 8.90.0

Still no success with the analog jack working.

Happy to provide whatever I need to help i.e logs etc. I'm new to this, so assistance would be appreciated in how to get them from the Minix and post them here

Thanks

• adamg Could you put this info to the FAQ section in the 2nd post?

It's already there and the solution here, two days ago /shrug

You could have saved all that time visiting several dozens of websites for this error by reading this thread, before you post ;)

Still no success with the analog jack working.

Does it work in Android?

• Thank's for the reply.

I do apologise that this is in the wrong thread (Admin) please move to right section if need be thanks.

I've looked at info on this project but could not find info on whether or not the LibreElec project was just kodi or android and kodi, I previously do research when I had a mx 2 box. I know you can Duel boot both LibreElec and kodi using a USB Flash drive or even to the internal by partitioning the internal space. I'm assuming the title says it all (Just Enough Space For KODI)

Just look at the info page and see it has a Linux Based ps3 style dashboard for retro gaming that is the 1 (yous will be getting a donation)

I only posted in this section as it was the one with all the builds tools, and lots of previous posts sorry again.

As for the custom android rom again I will just stick 2 FreakTab and xda as this forum is not about that just hoped to find anyone dual booting and not so good on what rom is correct for my device.

Thanks Again

Keep up the wicked work all

p.s I have put no rom on at all, all original or from out the box setup.

• I've looked at info on this project but could not find info on whether or not the LibreElec project was just kodi or android and kodi . . .

Most people are here because they are using CoreElec (and were previously using LibreElec).

A wise man one said "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" and that absolutely applies to leaping in and messing with these boxes just because others are doing it. :rolleyes:

Open your browser, type in "What is LibreElec" and click search.

Once the screen is filled with links, start reading and decide if LibreElec / CoreElec is for you. If so make an USB/SD, as per directions, and take a look. Your Android installation will remain intact ;)

If you come across any issues, then read LibreElec threads (including the predecessors of this one) and you'll be amazed to find that your issue has been raised, and solved, many times before and has even been recorded for your information.

If after all that you actually do have an issue that remains undiscovered then report it, as per the directions given, and the devs will eventually come up with a solution.

It really is that simply. Happy reading! :)

This is a specific problem with upgrading from 'old' kszaq builds, this error would not have occurred with a fresh install.

I do not guarantee 100% compatibility when upgrading between builds from other developers, I understand that users don't want to reinstall all their addons and configuration again however this is then the users fault and not something CoreELEC or myself is responsible for when upgrading between main versions then a fresh install should really be performed.

Think of the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, would you upgrade or clean install? I know which I would choose.

Sorry if you interpret this post as sarcastic but I'm honestly not trying to be.

It's a pet hate for me when users upgrading from Krypton to Leia because that is what causes half the problems reported in the forums.

• Have you tried changing the default audio device from HDMI to analogue?