[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Yes, I fully understand the message. I just want to keep things has raw as possible, so changing to "coreelec" was the only thing I wanted. Not possible (at least this way).

And as you 'fully understood' the message, you ofcourse then changed the hostname to use the only password you wanted

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Come on guys, let's not get snarky. It's better to not follow up on questions that are not related to CoreElec builds and instead finish such requests here by suggesting to open a new thread. At some time the penny will drop.

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

• Well... not really... cannot change to "coreelec": :cry:

Code
    1. Bad password: similar to hostname
    2. passwd: password for root is unchanged

Ah, never tried to set such password. From what I see passwd checks for some string like hostname and username.

Removing file /storage/.cache/shadow would reset the password back to default one (coreelec).

Also password coreelec is week according to passwd :)

Support my work with small (or big) Paypal donation

Amlogic devices works better with CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Tim_Taylor

atreyu

Is there a competition for whom gets most posts?

Why do you spend so much of your time responding (the way you do) to question like mine?

I guess my question is CoreELEC related (even if it is a UNIX/LINUX basic one).

Nobody is obliged to answer. I much prefer silence than this in a support group.

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Removing file /storage/.cache/shadow would reset the password back to default one (coreelec).

Also password coreelec is week according to passwd :)

Thanks. As a password it is weak indeed, but as a OS for KODI it is not!! :cool:

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Hello !

Problem :

Parameter set manually to "Region Fr" -> a few days later ; automatically switches to -> Region In.

Do you know why ?

Improvement found :

Display jackets / pouches - >I feel like it's a lot better. Is it possible ?

Edited once, last by bindou ().

• Come on guys, let's not get snarky. It's better to not follow up on questions that are not related to CoreElec builds and instead finish such requests here by suggesting to open a new thread. At some time the penny will drop.

Understood.

Apologies to jopereira . Number of posts dont interest me one bit, just got out on the wrong side of the bed today. Sorry.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I would like to upgrade from Krypton to try this build however when I tried I got a mount_storage error on boot.

Is there a way I can go about this upgrade without getting the error?

The FAQs suggest there isn't any issues upgrading, but I am finding out that this isn't true.

• Please post information at what step the installation instructions in post #1 fail.

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
      3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

What is SSH login and password? root libreelec dont work.

• What is SSH login and password? root libreelec dont work.

With 8.90 (fresh install), root:coreelec

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• That's true, OSMC guys created a patch for Krypton that I'm trying to forward port to Leia.

The problem is that the correct colour space is not used to play BT.2020 content, colour space should be set to 444,10bit on detection of HDR content and then reset on playback stop.

Presumably it uses 4:2:0 10-bit for HDR 2160/50p or 59.94p HDR content - as 4:4:4 10-bit isn't an option for UHD >30Hz? Or does it use 4:2:2 12-bit?

The whole colour gamut vs colour space/sub-sampling vs EOTF thing is confusing a lot of people.

You can have Rec 2020 SDR, Rec 2020 HDR PQ and Rec 2020 HLG. You need 10-bit or more for HDR and HLG to be carried effectively.

You can't assume all Rec 2020 is HDR PQ.

You can't use 4:4:4 for UHD HDR at >30p over HDMI 2.0 as it isn't supported at anything but 8-bit and you need more than 8-bit for HDR. (You have to use 4:2:0 or 4:2:2). You can't use 4:2:2 10-bit as it doesn't exist in the HDMI spec... (4:2:2 is only supported at 12-bit in 2160p)

• @noggin Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbup::D8o

• Hi everyone

I have one box Mecool M8S Pro Plus (S905x), sometimes have stuttering with subtitles files srt, but converting subtitles for VobSub (sub/idx) the player is smooth, much better, never stutter. I suggest the attempt for convert subtitles for VobSub with Box Amlogic S912, for know if is only my box.

I use Subtitles Edit for convert, i make batch file for automate process, but any option better?

Best Regards

Edited once, last by harckan: Program convert suggestion ().