[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• I'm trying to run it via 64gb usb stick and "Resizing /storage" takes very long (now i'm waiting since 10 minutes, screen went black, screensaver?).

this is my first try ever, to start it via usb/sd method, so i don't have any experience (my a95x came preinstalled with le).

does this mean it completely reformats or rewrites 64gb to that disk?

the stick is blinking all the time and gets hot like smthg is written on it.

Edited 2 times, last by thomaz ().

• I don't think it should take that long, but it's also not recommended to use such large storage devices for CE or LE.

8GB or 16GB is more than plenty.

• Yes 64GB flash stick will take quite a long time to resize the STORAGE partition.

I use a 16GB stick, and even that took much longer than I was comfortable with.

This is probably not the place for it, but it might be useful to limit the auto-re-sizing to 8GB on devices with much larger space.

IIRC ....... re-sizing takes much longer than creating a partition, although I am not sure if that applies in the circumstances, but if it does then maybe a change to creating a STORAGE partition could be considered?

• Hi all

I've updated from one of the latest devel version my belink MX III, (S905 - 2GB - 1Gbit ethernet) right now and I'm experiencing a problem that don't allow me to use nearly any video plugin. Concretely YouTube, Netflix and Amazon prime video.

The log contains the following:

The problem seems to be a missing python module "certifi"… AFAIK we can not install custom python modules so I'm a bit lost here ;(

I've searched the forum without luck and also updated the system again with the img file instead but it's the same.

Did someone experienced this issue? How can I fix it?

Regards.

• That's true, OSMC guys created a patch for Krypton that I'm trying to forward port to Leia.

The problem is that the correct colour space is not used to play BT.2020 content, colour space should be set to 444,10bit on detection of HDR content and then reset on playback stop.

it seems to me, in latest LE devel versions from Index of / the patch is included. Or is it the new kernel?

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• after resizing (showed done) the rotating "/" symbol froze and nothing happened anymore.

then i picked my 10 years old 5-10 mb/s usb 2.0 stick (never tried it because i thought it would be too slow for le) and it worked like a charm. :)

another thing.

i got my nexbox a95x from ebay preinstalled with le 8 to internal.

i always updated by putting the .tar in the update folder followed by a reboot.

i never saw a "nexbox a95x" logo or any other logo on my box till now.

the first thing which always appeared was the kodi logo.

now i booted the box from usb via toothpick and i got a "nexbox a95x" logo followed by a coreelec logo and then the kodi logo.

after shutdown i removed the usb stick and switched back to the internal installation.

but now also the "nexbox a95x" and the coreelec logos are shown.

can anybody describe me what happened?

did the toothpick/usb method update something on my internal installation?

an automatic dtb update of the internal installation?

• Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Netflix/Amazon/Youtube addons? I seem to recall that certifi is a dependency of at least one of these addons, and this python module was installed as part of the addon installation.

Abox A1 Max S905W | Hongyu T95Z Plus S912 | Asus Chromebox CN60 | ZOTAC ZBOX Intel Atom D525 | ZOTAC IONITX-B-E Intel Atom 230

• I just noticed the default refresh rate on CoreElec is 24. I seem to remember that it used to be 60. Is this something to do with the new build?

• I use Zattoo for watching TV and with new Coreelec 8.90.0 'live tv' which is simply a stream only works for 5 seconds, after that the picture freeze. Also there is no audio at all with live tv.

It worked well with libreelec devel builds two weeks ago.

Files

• kodi.log

(278.62 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
  • Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Netflix/Amazon/Youtube addons? I seem to recall that certifi is a dependency of at least one of these addons, and this python module was installed as part of the addon installation.

Thanks!! I had just reinstalled just Netflix an it reinstalled the script.module.requests that depends on the script.module.certifi. now all plugins works again. :)

• does anybody else have rebuffering problems with video file playback

I used to with some boxes when local files were shared using SMB. If that is your case try using NFS sharing ;)

If this is happening while watching streaming content, then like @HeresJohnny, I'd suspect the network

• I use Zattoo for watching TV and with new Coreelec 8.90.0 'live tv' which is simply a stream only works for 5 seconds, after that the picture freeze. Also there is no audio at all with live tv.

It worked well with libreelec devel builds two weeks ago.

This issue is fixed in next release. Coming soon.

• Use command passwd and set any password you like.

Well... not really... cannot change to "coreelec": :cry:

Code
    1. Bad password: similar to hostname
    2. passwd: password for root is unchanged

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Well... not really... cannot change to "coreelec": :cry:

Code
    1. Bad password: similar to hostname
    2. passwd: password for root is unchanged

Did You read the OS message "Bad password" and the reason why ?

Coreelec is a little Linux system including security features

• Did You read the OS message "Bad password" and the reason why ?

Coreelec is a little Linux system including security features

Yes, I fully understand the message. I just want to keep things has raw as possible, so changing to "coreelec" was the only thing I wanted. Not possible (at least this way).

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)