[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• The best version for Minix U9-H is LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff. It is stable and it fixes the subtitle stutter problem. You don't have to do anything extra.

• spinecho I dont think suspend is properly supported on these cheap devices, so although Tim’s answer might be brief, he’s actually right.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Very helpful...any constructive answers?

Suspend will not work perfect in case of old amlogic kernel.

But You didn´t want any constructive answer :(

• As i understood it, it’s a hit&miss on these devices

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Can't acces using smb. Both possible passwords (libreelec, coreelec) don't work.

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• Can't acces using smb. Both possible passwords (libreelec, coreelec) don't work.

do you mean ssh?

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• do you mean ssh?

No, over the network. Windows key+r then \\coreelec\. Worked before with libreelec and also after upgrading. Stopped working with the *official* CoreElec.

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• Normally no user/pass needed.

Yes, but that was way way back for me it seems.

• Hello, thank you to the authors for great work.
    I upgraded my Minix U1 from LE7 to 8.9.0 (clean installation) and there was a problem with HDMI-CEC. On LE7 everything worked perfectly, but at 8.9.0, LG TV (2012 model) switches automatically to the input where Minix is connected. With LE7 this was not the case. It only helps to turn off the CEC in Kodi. Turning off the Minix will cause CEC to break up, and AVR will not start automatically when the TV starts.
    I have read that there is a patch on both x86 and RPi version LE (CEC and TV issue - General Support - LibreELEC Forum).
    Can it be implemented in the next version?
    Thanks

Edited once, last by langos ().

• If you want to use suspend than use wireless remote. Ir-remote doesn't work after suspend

Thanks boot2k3 perfect example of constructive answer (take note Tim_Taylor 😉😉)

Apropos nothing...funny that Wetek Play 2 is considered a "cheap" Android box...cost me around €80... I can get an unbranded 905x Chinese box from eBay for €15... what's that considered...a giveaway?? 🤔🤔😂😂😂

• A wetek has proper widevine level for decrypting drm stuff. Furthermore you can expect support, not like the cheap boxes with broken u boot and so on.

Thanks for this release. My kvim seems to work great.

• Can't get the wired lan to work. Works fine in android dual boot.

WiFi is fine with both.

T95z pro a s912 unit.

Any ideas?

• Can't get the wired lan to work. Works fine in android dual boot.

WiFi is fine with both.

T95z pro a s912 unit.

Any ideas?

Wrong DTB? If i use q201 on my S912 box, i also have no LAN. I wonder about it, because uboot says, i have a q201 3g device. But now i use q200 3g DTB file and it works with GBIT Lan.

In another thread bumerc wrote:

Ask CE developers about the possibility of adding rgmii support to q201 dtb.

Then GBit LAN could also work with q201 dtb, but not tested yet his version.