[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Thank a lo the developers for your great work.

I am having a strange issue which is driving me crazy. At random intervals during playback screen goes black for a second or so, and then image comes back.

While playing frequency of such occurrences seem to increase to the point of having one every 10-20 seconds.

My box is a Beelink minimxiii s905.

Starting playback of a different file results in that problem can be absent for more than 5 minutes, giving the impression it was file dependent, but then it starts.

Can it be related to overheating?

How to check for that?

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Version is latest CoreELEC 8.90.

Log here: http://ix.io/184z

Am not sure if I need to create a GitHub ticket yet, so am posting here.

Thank you!!

Edit: am uploading the full log with debugging enabled.

kodi_log.zip

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

Edited once, last by Gaudi: Removed original log link and uploaded full log with debugging enabled. ().

• its possible your issue is hdmi related. try to use a different hdmi cable first. or are you doing something on the power sockets during the issue? hdmi is quite sensitive on power changes.

• A word of advice A.S.-id. Your question has been posted in the wrong place and is unlikely to receive any positive attention here. Think about it, this thread is for CoreElec on specific devices and has nothing to do with PHT.

There's already a PHT thread, albeit that it is not an addon but a discrete image that needs to be run separately (CorEelec on SD, PHT on internal for example). i'd have thought the question would sit better there or even as a new thread in its own right.

Tip: if you search the net, eventually you'll find a plex for kodi addon version 0.1.4a2 that works on CoreElec. I use it and it does all I want. The standard one (1.3?) from kodi repo doesn't work.

• A word of advice A.S.-id. Your question has been posted in the wrong place and is unlikely to receive any positive attention here. Think about it, this thread is for CoreElec on specific devices and has nothing to do with PHT.

There's already a PHT thread, albeit that it is not an addon but a discrete image that needs to be run separately (CorEelec on SD, PHT on internal for example). i'd have thought the question would sit better there or even as a new thread in its own right.

Tip: if you search the net, eventually you'll find a plex for kodi addon version 0.1.4a2 that works on CoreElec. I use it and it does all I want. The standard one (1.3?) from kodi repo doesn't work.

Perhaps you are right. I liked the self-realization pht, but it has not tvheadend and dvb module to search for TV channels. I'm using Plex add-on 0.1.4a2 & PlexKodiConnect 2.16 beta on CoreELEC, but PHT better on my options...

• CoreElec 8.90.0 is super solid so far. 0 crashes and Live TV channel switching a/v sync issue is also gone. My test boxes are pretty basic with regards to setup, no 4K or 10bit to test. Just IPTV and NAS streaming via SAMBA. Great work fellas!

• This issue is fixed by this commit kodi/amlogic: sync playback clock to first pts · CoreELEC/[email protected] · GitHub

Wait for next release.

• Well, that's strange to me...

My 8.90, upgraded from 8.90.6, works VERY WELL :) in my 4Gb SD card, but stutters (small pauses) video running from internal memory. Maybe like skiped frames.

Anyone has already seen this kind of thing? (SD <> Internal behaviour)

(should I post a log?)

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• @jopereira I doubt that the devs will be rushing to look into this as they advise against installing to internal memory. It was re-enabled as a courtesy to those that did not want to pay for SD cards / thumb-drives but, due to the H/W variables and risks involved, I don't think they actually provide support for those that ignore their advice.

I could be wrong, maybe it's changed back again now but that's how it was not too long ago :S

• @jopereira I doubt that the devs will be rushing to look into this as they advise against installing to internal memory. It was re-enabled as a courtesy to those that did not want to pay for SD cards / thumb-drives but, due to the H/W variables and risks involved, I don't think they actually provide support for those that ignore their advice.

I could be wrong, maybe it's changed back again now but that's how it was not too long ago :S

Thanks. I'm happy running from SD card, although I find neater (not to say, faster) to run from internal. If that's the price to pay to have a nice, working great version, let it be!8)

Thanks to developers, I'll keep my 5 stars rating! :)

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• I agree with those before me.

I have been testing these last couple of days, and have found no issues aside from the minors i mentioned before (or minor stuff that existed before this build version like 'reboot to internal' has to be followed by 'reboot' to be executed).

Amazing work and progressing ! :)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I agree with those before me.

I have been testing these last couple of days, and have found no issues aside from the minors i mentioned before (or minor stuff that existed before this build version like 'reboot to internal' has to be followed by 'reboot' to be executed).

Amazing work and progressing ! :)

100% agree!

The work of adamg and his team (and before that kszaq and his team) has been exceptional. To have a fully functioning kodi machine that plays back virtually anything with a whole host of extras etc is astounding.

You can never be over-grateful in my book :-)

• To all involved in this CoreELEC release... fantastic job!

Running on Wetek Play 2, works like a charm. LiveTV works with Crazy cat driver enabled.

I don't have 4k or HDR content so cannot comment on this, but PQ on 1080p and SD content is stunning.

One small thing... I've enabled Suspend, and the box does indeed suspend and resume via remote, but then box crashes and does not respond to remote and I cannot SSH into box. Any ideas?

• Depends on your needs.

If you want a version that is considered stable, that are static (no longer being worked on) use the 8.2.x version.

If you like to play around with the newest stuff and help identify issues, by all means install these alpha builds (which is not libreelec btw)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

Edited once, last by atreyu ().