[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Great. So you are in the wrong thread.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Where are bugs? where are logs? All of you thanks to devolpers because they work hard free of cost. You are not providing logs instead saying unused or unstable release. Always thankful to those people who work hard and offcourse free of cost. If these builds are not suitable for all of u, so stay away.

• Could anyone advise which tvheadend version and which drivers work correctly with Wetek Play 2 DVB-S2 version?

To answer my own question - this build of tvheadend:

Internal DVB-C/S adapter issues (S912 KIII Pro) · Issue #12 · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

and crazycat drivers seem to work ok on latest release.

No version of tvh detects the internal DVB-S2 card using internal drivers, crazycat didn't work correctly using repo tvh, but works ok using the one linked above.

• ... I do not think we can get to a perfect building for the too many problems encountered.

I'd avoid shooting generic sentences according to your personal experience on a single box. There are a lot of users here who upgraded from the latest LE build to this first CE release without any hassle.
    For what might count, I switched on the CE build from LE on a S905X box and on an odroid C2: no problems by my side.

• Running CoreELEC 8.90 on microSD. First, for myself, this is the best Leia build so far!! Kudos!! Smoothest playback yet of local content (no stutters).

There is a slight distraction during boot up. During bootup, the manufacturer box logo appears as normal (i.e. T95), then instead of the CoreELEC logo, my TV screen goes solid green. After booting is completed, the Kodi Leia logo appears (the green screen disappears) and all is ok. There are no issues with playback, navigation etc, just this issue during bootup.

This does not happen with Krypton LE 8 builds - the LE logo displays fine. My TV is a 2012 Panasonic Plasma model TX-P42X50B (1024x768 resolution). So only 720p.

Is it possible the CoreELEC logo is formatted in such a way that my TV can't display it?? I have a S905 2GB/8GB box model Sunvell T95 and connect via HDMI direct to the TV.

Also, if doing a restore of a CoreELEC backup, the green screen re-appears after the reboot (instead of seeing the progress of the restore etc).

As said, it's no showstopper, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I don't think logs will help as this happens before we get to Kodi - from there onwards it's all fine.

TIA

Edited 5 times, last by ukmark62 ().

• I have a Subtitle problem.

This is in the Folder:

name.mkv

name-subs.rar (name.idx, name.sub)

It is loaded an runs but when i seek through the movie the subs need ~1-2 minutes till they're shown again.

• devs aren't going to help you without logs

• As said, it's no showstopper, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I don't think logs will help as this happens before we get to Kodi - from there onwards it's all fine.

Choose the right Colorspace in Settings/CoreELEC, for ex. 444/8bit

Edited once, last by blakey ().

• Too many bugs. It is an unusable relase

I don't believe you, where is the proof of these bugs? No proof then -> you are lying.

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• Choose the right Colorspace in Settings/CoreELEC, for ex. 444/8bit

Thanks, I tried 444/8bit and rgb/8bit but still no change. The only time the green screen appears is when the CE logo would display during boot.

• f..k, my SD card is 16GB. This is likely to take a long time =O

I will only be able to do this in two steps, separate FAT partition and separate the ext.

Thanks guys

keep in mind, that the new sd card should be, in best way, the same 16gig you have. 16gig is not always 16gig. I have two 64 gig from different manufacturers and i cant copy a image from the one to the other cause one of them ist 137 kb smaller 🙄🤪 this only as tip, if you shoud run in a „file is to large“ error.

And writing a 16 gig image to a card should take not more than around 20-30minutes.

Based in GERMANY — working in cigar business — part time freelance webdesigner — PS4 Console Gamer and TV Show Junkie :cool:

S912 with CE on NAND — S905x with CE on SD-Card (with EmulationStation&KODI shanti‘s build) - Odroid N2 with CE on emmc and EmuELEC on SD-Cad — 4K 65“ Sony — 4K Onkyo DD/DTSHD/ATMOS Receiver

• Thanks, I tried 444/8bit and rgb/8bit but still no change. The only time the green screen appears is when the CE logo would display during boot.

Did you try with "standard" setting 422/8bit?

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• I know you have had other answers, I use a bootable clonezilla disk to clone one usb stick to another. 32GB, about 30 mins

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• Did you try with "standard" setting 422/8bit?

That made my screen green all the time (even when inside Kodi).

I'm still thinking it may be an issue with the logo itself - maybe the resolution or the format of the logo is causing the problem. It's only during bootup (when the logo should display) that I'm seeing the green screen - everywhere else is fine.

• That made my screen green all the time (even when inside Kodi).

I'm still thinking it may be an issue with the logo itself - maybe the resolution or the format of the logo is causing the problem. It's only during bootup (when the logo should display) that I'm seeing the green screen - everywhere else is fine.

What TV do you have and how old is it?

• What TV do you have and how old is it?

It's a Panasonic plasma from 2012. Model is TX-P42X50B and has native display of 1024x768. It does have 1080p and 720p modes. I use 1080p/50Hz for CE.

It still gives a great picture - I won't upgrade it until it breaks :-)

• ukmark62 it might be related to the capabilities of the screen.

I have several setups (everyday use and testsetup). In my testsetups i use a very standard lcd monitor that shows the same symptoms you described (only) during boot no matter what colorspace is set.

The same setup hooked up to fairly new tv screens show no green screens at all.

I am no expert, and things might not be related but these are just my observations.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)