[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Tried this latest edition on NEO U9-H. Unfortunately it is unusable. With subtitles on , the video stutters and unwatchable.

To report a bug or an issue with this build, please submit a ticket here

• Tried this latest edition on NEO U9-H. Unfortunately it is unusable. With subtitles on , the video stutters and unwatchable.

Need a little hack in advancedsettings.xml "<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>", no stutters.

• sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=~/yourimagename.img

this will create an image on your home directory called yourimagename.img using cmd from your sd card (mmcblk0)

sudo dd if=~/yourimagename.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=16M

this will burn your image back to SD card. Of course change directories to reflect your system.

I only use 4gb sd cards and it normally takes about 5 min to create image and around 10 to burn on sd

In this way I also have a good back up in case something goes wrong

• I prefer the CE/LE built-in (if only because it doesn't require any other addons). The choice is yours, both of them just copy /storage/.kodi and some other key folders :)

Robweber's addon doesn't copy the whole .kodi folder. The built-in LE backup will restore on another card to give an identical (functionally) setup. Unless things have changed recently the backup addon will leave 3rd party addons disabled (on krypton and later).

• Robweber's addon doesn't copy the whole .kodi folder. The built-in LE backup will restore on another card to give an identical (functionally) setup. Unless things have changed recently the backup addon will leave 3rd party addons disabled (on krypton and later).

I knew there was a reason to prefer the built-in, it's been a long while since I used the addon, thanks @trogggy :thumbup:

• isnt there a switch in the gui now to set hdmi black levels?

i tried every option in "system/coreelec/colour space" but black level selector on my samsung tv stays greyed out.

the only way to get it working is via the "echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb" trick.

• For the sake of curiosity: did anyone try the new libretro integration in Leia to add some retrogaming capabilities to our cheap boxes?
    I tried with Raybuntu's builds long time ago but without effective success, wonder if in latest builds some progresses have been made.
    (sorry for the OT, in case we could start a new thread maybe with an howto to setup a fully working retrogaming platform in Leia).

• I prefer the CE/LE built-in (if only because it doesn't require any other addons). The choice is yours, both of them just copy /storage/.kodi and some other key folders :)

CE/LE built-in all the way... definitely!

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Could anyone advise which tvheadend version and which drivers work correctly with Wetek Play 2 DVB-S2 version?

• f..k, my SD card is 16GB. This is likely to take a long time =O

Sequencial reading (that occurs in this type of backup) is way faster than random readings.

My 4Gb SD takes about 1-2 minutes to backup. For a complete peace of mind, that's more than acceptable.

The "worst" part is keeping a 16Gb file even if you are only using 1Gb...

(I have a 4Tb drive full of "material" :cool: and my CE/LE backup has only about 500Mb - I'm backing up ~3.5Gb of zeros :cry:)

Edit: try MiniPartion Tool (free) - I guess you can backup only the relevant part (I have it, but didn't bother to use for this purpose)

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Edit: try MiniPartion Tool (free) - I guess you can backup only the relevant part (I have it, but didn't bother to use for this purpose)

That'd be the biggest part. Better off just doing a backup and restore of kodi :cool:

• Too many bugs. It is an unusable relase

Thank you for your most valuable contribution.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)