[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Question, are releases that are on github page updated every day or are those "stable" releses, where are dev?

i dont think it would updated everyday, if you want to go with stable builds then use 8.2.x build by kzsaq. but if you want try kodi leia then use the 8.9.x alpha builds.

• Rizwan , Coreelec works great on WP2 ,internal dvb driver also. After fresh install all dtb files you have in device trees directory on sd card. Copy your, rename to dtb.img and overwrite on sdcard where is default dtb.img file

• You can upgrade without losing addons. BUT some addons may not still work with Leia. I would do a copy of the sd-card than use the copy and upgrade. Then you see which addons work/dont work or which addons you must update, IF there is yet a update for the new version of Kodi/Leia.

Hallo,

can you tell me, which program can you copy the entire SD card (FAT and ext) in one step?

Which one does not last for hours ;)

thank you

Mini MX-G 2/16 S905.arm LibreELEC

• Win32 Disk Imager

You do need to designate a destination file BEFORE you can hit "READ" (no the most intuitive, but works great).

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Win32 Disk Imager

You do need to designate a destination file BEFORE you can hit "READ" (no the most intuitive, but works great).

thx, but

so you can with this only copy an image (zBs .IMG) files to an SD card.

I want to make a copy from one of my working LibreELEC SD cards to another SD card. I would like to experiment with this copy and if I get spoiled, I can use the original LibreELEC SD card after. Then no panic :cool:

I need a program, which make a one in one copy (FAT and ext partitions at the same time in one step) in a few minutes.

Something idea?

thx

• @satel Win32 Disk Imager, like many other SD imaging softwares can restore image to SD/USB and backup SD/USB to raw image file. It's bit stream imagery and writes even empty sectors into the image so the time it takes to create an image will depend on the size of the device you are backing up (and, of course, your system capabilities) :)

I think Windows partition software like MiniTool Partition Wizard (free) or Acronis True Image (not free) can also possibly do this for you

Edited once, last by Poida ().

• Yes, Win32 Disk Imager. :)

"READ" make .IMG from SD

"WRITE" make SD from .IMG

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• f..k, my SD card is 16GB. This is likely to take a long time =O

I will only be able to do this in two steps, separate FAT partition and separate the ext.

Thanks guys

• I will only be able to do this in two steps, separate FAT partition and separate the ext.

Just create a backup and save to external media (couple of minutes) and then copy/zip the contents of the FAT partition to external media.

After creating a new sd card with a .gz file, overwrite the FAT partition with your zip backup, reboot and restore the LE/CE backup from there (You don't really even have to backup the FAT partition as you will recreate it when you make a new SD) ;)

• Just create a backup and save to external media (couple of minutes) and then copy/zip the contents of the FAT partition to external media.

After creating a new sd card with a .gz file, overwrite the FAT partition with your zip backup, reboot and restore the LE/CE backup from there (You don't really even have to backup the FAT partition as you will recreate it when you make a new SD) ;)

Which backup is better?

- Create System and Kodi Backup (in Settings/System)

- Backup /author: @robweber/ (from built-in Kodi Add-on repository)

• Which backup is better?

I prefer the CE/LE built-in (if only because it doesn't require any other addons). The choice is yours, both of them just copy /storage/.kodi and some other key folders :)

• Did somebody try the moonlight addon? Would like to stream some games but moonlight does not start and i'm not getting any logs. So i cant determine where the error is.

• Tried this latest edition on NEO U9-H. Unfortunately it is unusable. With subtitles on , the video stutters and unwatchable.