[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• My "not booting from internal" 8.90.6 was replaced by this CoreELEC 8.90.

Needed to make installtointernal twice (instalation process adverts for this possibility, case you don't have standard Amlogic partitions).

For the first time, since my 'RIP' RPI :cool:, I have smooth pans with 1080p60 (my fixed frame rate).

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Made a fresh install after SD Card issues this morning.

I will bury my dvbviewer/Mediaserver PC now. TvHeadend on K1 pro and Digibit R1 satip-axe will do the job now.

Four different HD Streams without problems. NICE!

There is only one little issue : K1 pro Audio is connected with my Pioneer VSX AVR via HDMI.

Sometimes Audio in live tv is partly scrambled when starting live tv. Stop/start solves it.

• If you have a genuine hardware related issue like this then it would be great if you could post it on the GitHub issues page so a solution can be found in an organised manner, posting on the forums with not even so much as a log will mean your issue will remain and never be fixed.

Help us to help you by just taking 2 minutes of your time to do a proper bug report.

• I have installed the latest coreelec 8.90.0 release on a s905 minim8s. Focus is on livetv switching freezes and continuous picture quality.

I have to say very nice job on finetuning these issues!

- livetv switching No more freezes, black screens, delays. Great

- Some minor picture disturbances on HD channels. Nothing major.

- busy spinner is visible for a split second when switching to next channel. No big issue, never seen this before except on Krypton, where it was visible for a couple of seconds. I really liked not seeing the spinner at all in earlier alpha testbuilds

So i must say dvb-c issues are reduced to an absolute minimum. Excellent job !

Regards,

Atreyu

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I know this question is some kind of weirdo but I want to know :)

What is noise reduction, it is equally useful for FHD, UHD (Heavy bitrate) source or it is only use for kind of sd or old dvdrip type source (movies)?

• on my odroid C2 (S905) switching channels i get black screens and then freeze.

I’ll have to pull out the power plug.

afl1 is this a known issue?

• GDPR-2

I try to qualify the issue atm. Learned from this:

I thought the devel releases had start/restart problems with my KI pro device.

I was wrong - it was a defective SDCard. Noticed that today.

This time I want to be quite shure that scrambled audio output is a CoreELEC Software problem.

I do not want to steal your time if it is a defective HDMI Cable or a Pioneer VSX 924 issue.

Quality Cable will be delivered in 2 days.

If problem still exists then I´ll send log file and report issue in github.

• as some other users also stated, with the latest 8.9.0 coreelec after zapping through a couple channels on livetv or watching the same channel for like 10 mins the next channel goes all black and i cant play any videos until i restart.is this a known issue or should i post a log?the previous versions had the same bug as well.im using a kiii pro.

• on my odroid C2 (S905) switching channels i get black screens and then freeze.

I’ll have to pull out the power plug.

afl1 is this a known issue?

Isn't this a typical re-sync behaviour when the refresh rate is adjusted? Try disabling the automatic refresh rate adjustment from the settings.

• Read the how to install community builds from the first post in this thread.

After you have read the instructions & still have problems, then post back. With details of your box

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• as some other users also stated, with the latest 8.9.0 coreelec after zapping through a couple channels on livetv or watching the same channel for like 10 mins the next channel goes all black and i cant play any videos until i restart.is this a known issue or should i post a log?the previous versions had the same bug as well.im using a kiii pro.

if you experience issues, reproduce the issue and post the logs on github. This way devs can orderly look at probable issues

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• I have ask for the dtb files beacause I’m a beginner and I would make a Fresh install. Could you give me some tips GDPR-2 ?

for a fresh install you can just use a proper device tree from the image. Its in device-tree dir. And please, take bubblegum’s advice; all the info is already there.

• Whats the story with deinterlacing ?

The only problem I have encountered so far is that Youtube still will not load and looking at the Kodi log its a problem with the python call. I have deinstalled the plugin and the user data and reinstalled a few different versions - but it always crashes with the same python fail. Is it possible to rebuild the python system or clear any cached python settings.

Shoog