[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Can someone tell me if USB Bluetooth dongles work with this build? I'm on 8.2.3 right now and there my generic 4.0 modules do not work or are not recognized in the Libreelec settings.

• A direct question. I have the LibreELEC version for Amlogic 905X 8.3.2.1 Krypton. Can I upgrade to CoreELEC Leia without losing the addons? Can you upgrade with Samba? Will the devices trees be needed?

• A direct question. I have the LibreELEC version for Amlogic 905X 8.3.2.1 Krypton. Can I upgrade to CoreELEC Leia without losing the addons? Can you upgrade with Samba? Will the devices trees be needed?

You can upgrade without losing addons. BUT some addons may not still work with Leia. I would do a copy of the sd-card than use the copy and upgrade. Then you see which addons work/dont work or which addons you must update, IF there is yet a update for the new version of Kodi/Leia.

Based in GERMANY — working in cigar business — part time freelance webdesigner — PS4 Console Gamer and TV Show Junkie :cool:

S912 with CE on NAND — S905x with CE on SD-Card (with EmulationStation&KODI shanti‘s build) - Odroid N2 with CE on emmc and EmuELEC on SD-Cad — 4K 65“ Sony — 4K Onkyo DD/DTSHD/ATMOS Receiver

• You can upgrade without losing addons. BUT some addons may not still work with Leia. I would do a copy of the sd-card than use the copy and upgrade. Then you see which addons work/dont work or which addons you must update, IF there is yet a update for the new version of Kodi/Leia.

Perhaps it would be better to wait for the stable version to come out before updating

• i'm still on 8.90.1 on an "internal" install (this version ran best for me).

now i want to update to coreelec 8.90.0.

can i update my internal 8.90.1 installation to coreelec 8.90.0?

take note of the change in remote, see page 1 for details

• apologies if it seems a dumb question but i've installed (what it was) the latest devel version about a week ago over the 8.90.06 using the .tar file. all working fine.

so my box is (i presume) running already the coreelec (can see initial logo). now i see coreelec is back to 8.90.00

can i keep updating from .tar file as usual? is there any difference between the my version and the current coreelec? i follow this post but it's a bit confusing now. thank for your attention.

• As I understand, "CoreElec.9.0_devel" was a prerelease for "CoreElec.8.90.0"...

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• Perhaps it would be better to wait for the stable version to come out before updating

Yeah you can do that. I have two sd cards ... one with last stable kzaqs build and the other for testing the latest CoreElec Leia builds (which is really fine for the moment and for me as a 4k/HDR owner with the community settings in Kodi, delievers a really good 4k/1080p picture). So with a second sd card, nothing can go wrong ;) Cheers....

Based in GERMANY — working in cigar business — part time freelance webdesigner — PS4 Console Gamer and TV Show Junkie :cool:

S912 with CE on NAND — S905x with CE on SD-Card (with EmulationStation&KODI shanti‘s build) - Odroid N2 with CE on emmc and EmuELEC on SD-Cad — 4K 65“ Sony — 4K Onkyo DD/DTSHD/ATMOS Receiver

• Can anyone confirm if the 422 12/10 bit green screen fix is incorporated into the latest CoreELEC release?

I'll install myself to check when I get home tonight, but figured I'd check here what people are seeing.

• You don't need it, only tar is required for update, update script will take care of your dtb.

Can I update LibreELEC to CoreELEC with samba through file CoreELEC .tar?

• Can I update LibreELEC to CoreELEC with samba through file CoreELEC .tar?

Yes ofcourse just drop the tar into the update folder and reboot.

99% of the time there will be no issues.

• Just updated to 8.90.0 from one of the latest devels. Time and date are wrong. I can't set it manually and it seems it does not get it through the internet. Anyone else seeing it?

Fixed it. Timeservers got lost after the update.