[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• THX for reporting issue. I am working on fix.

Thank you, thought it was my fault:

Dieser Beitrag wurde von adamg aus folgendem Grund gelöscht: LiveTV was thoroughly tested, issue is PEBKAC (Vor 2 Stunden).

• Hi all.

I just upgraded from 8.2.3.1 on my S905x and now it won't boot.

Error in mount_storage: mount common: Could not mount LABEL-STORAGE

I guess I'm going to have to write the image to SD from scratch. I did the update like I usually do by copying the .tar to the update folder and rebooting. Never been a problem before

Main reason I updated was because I'm hoping the HDMI-CEC doesn't always try to switch to the Kodi input all the time. It's driving me nuts, every time I switch on my TV and AVR it switches to the Kodi box. I've tried playing with all the HDMI-CEC settings and nothing works. Is it fixed in this? :)

Edited once, last by chromium ().

• I've tried playing with all the HDMI-CEC settings and nothing works. Is it fixed in this? :)

You crashed You running installation and after that You ask if there is a unknown issue fixed ?

Sure it´s not an issue of AVR or TV ?

• The storage partition changed its Label from LIBREELEC_DISK to STORAGE between those versions.

If you can SSH into the box or have access to a fallback console you can rename the LIBREELEC_DISK Label to STORAGE and this should allow you to boot.
    The tools needed are described in this thread:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

Shoog

• Everyone is aware the new implementation for remotes is not perfect, but this is how it will be from now on.
    Read the remote thread and look for suggestions on how to improve it, or just buy an RF remote, they're like $10.

Everyone is aware the new implementation for remotes is not perfect, but this is how it will be from now on.
    Read the remote thread and look for suggestions on how to improve it, or just buy an RF remote, they're like $10.

Yes. There are a lot of RF remotes out there and I have never had a problem with them on any version of the build.

• You crashed You running installation and after that You ask if there is a unknown issue fixed ?

Sure it´s not an issue of AVR or TV ?

Well I wanted to see if it was even going to be worth my while upgrading :)

If it's an AVR or TV issues why would it consistently switch to the LibreElec box? Even if I switch it to something else as soon as the AVR turns on it still tries to go back to the LibreElec box multiple times for a few seconds. I've read about this issue in older LibreElec builds, but it was supposedly fixed.

The storage partition changed its Label from LIBREELEC_DISK to STORAGE between those versions.

If you can SSH into the box or have access to a fallback console you can rename the LIBREELEC_DISK Label to STORAGE and this should allow you to boot.
    The tools needed are described in this thread:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

Shoog

Cool thanks. I'll give it a go :)

• If it's an AVR or TV issues why would it consistently switch to the LibreElec box?

My LE box is not switching. I´m running stable LE version.

Some CEC features are based in u-boot code

u-boot is not part of LE

• My LE box is not switching. I´m running stable LE version.

Some CEC features are based in u-boot code

u-boot is not part of LE

For what it's worth I still have the issue in this CoreElec build. The only way I can swap it always switching to the CoreElec input is to disable CEC completely, which then means I can't use my TV remote. I think it might be something to do with the flaky HDMI CEC support on my LG C7 OLED :(

• CEC implementation on the LG OLEDs is crap, it's rare to get it to work right with any gear, not just LE on a cheap-o box.

• I think it might be something to do with the flaky HDMI CEC support on my LG C7 OLED :(

I told You it could be AVR or TV

I only own Sony and Phillips TV - no CEC issue

• For what it's worth I still have the issue in this CoreElec build. The only way I can swap it always switching to the CoreElec input is to disable CEC completely, which then means I can't use my TV remote. I think it might be something to do with the flaky HDMI CEC support on my LG C7 OLED :(

CEC in general is awful, i have just found out if i have my Minix u9 plugged into my amp i cannot use the ARC function from TV to AMP

• I have an LG OLED B7 and CEC works perfect with Odroid C2. The big advantage with Odroid C2 (and LePotato) is that we can build our own u-boot. And we have the config.ini where you can turn on/off certain CEC features like Auto Turn on.

• You probably didn't noticed the name: LibreELEC -> CoreELEC

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• CoreElec 8.90.0 -> Where are we in relation to "CoreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-1523265719.img" of 09/04/2018? There have been new corrections / improvements?