[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• My point exactly - there is not a real world situation where the pi's don't function more than adequately. Most of us will not be using 4K for a very long time since there is no 4K broadcast content and no broadcasters are planning to migrate in the near to medium range.

Shoog

I wouldn't go that far. UHD is an issue - it just isn't an issue for everybody, and if it isn't then the Pi is still a sensible platform to consider.

However your point about broadcasters and 4K is a bit wide of the mark.

The BBC have already broadcast 2160/25p 10-bit HLG HDR Blue Planet II as a trial on iPlayer, and they also trialled SDR UHD clips of Planet Earth II before this. (Both have had UHD Blu-ray releases)

My understanding is that the BBC will trial 2160/50p 10-bit (possibly HLG HDR) live broadcasts on iPlayer later this year. There are a number of events the BBC has rights to that will have a UHD host broadcast feed available, and the BBC could make this available via iPlayer.

The BBC is already shooting most Wildlife content in 4K/UHD, and similarly any high-end drama that could be co-produced or sold to a 4K pay-TV platform like Amazon or Netflix is likely to be shot and edited 4K (even if shown HD on BBC One/Two)

• I have just installed the new CoreElec build from Releases · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub and hats off to the devs, its running really nicely on my 905 Box, videos are playing well and smoothly and i havent been able to crash it yet!

Wired like Donnie Brasco Got a mic and a host rockin' cowboy hats With them wild boys cats.

• are you updated through tar file or install the fresh system through Img?

I did a fresh install, i thought it was time and would also reduce the chance of issues.
    Used Rufus to 'burn' the Image on the microSD and bingo, was pretty easy.

Wired like Donnie Brasco Got a mic and a host rockin' cowboy hats With them wild boys cats.

• I just updated the last devel Version on my K1 pro with the tar file.

WELL DONE !!

This is the first 8.9x release for me without issues in live tv. Zapping doesn´t freeze the box anymore so far.

Channels are coming up without delay. Picture Quality is fine.

But the freezes of the devel versions before left an issue on my sd Card.

After first boot I had no clear audio output (7.1 AVR). So I updated again - now sound is clear.

And for a moment I saw a notice of : dirty bit is set because system was unmounted not correct before.

Need a hint how to fix the file system using putty.

• Awesome!

The LiveTV improvements sound promising.

Cant wait to test it as the freezes keep me on 8.90.5 on main systems. Overall, Leia is such an improvement over Krypton already.

Thanks to all that make this possible & let’s keep it fun..!

Atreyu

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• You should read post #3 in this thread, last QA.

my remote control works, but it's bad.

the remote control then accelerates then slows down.

on the 8 version the remote control works very well.

• my remote control works, but it's bad.

yep, my Nexbox’s remote control is also working slow.

• There is a Thread from kostaman somewhere showing how you can tweak timings.

I'm planning to make Remote Control tweakable through GUI in the Settings Addon (90% done).

• yep, my Nexbox’s remote control is also working slow.

my remote control works, but it's bad.

Everyone is aware the new implementation for remotes is not perfect, but this is how it will be from now on.
    Read the remote thread and look for suggestions on how to improve it, or just buy an RF remote, they're like $10.