[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• afl1 I was wondering if you could provide a newer build of TVHeadend 4.4. I saw a lot of fixed EPG bugs recently. Currently EPG data are not shown for random channels. EPG appears after streaming these channels. Maybe someone else spotted a similar behavior?

I hope I'm write posting here since it is not a CoreELEC related issue.

• I'm a complete n00b on the argument, but I've seen the coreelec github Project and I'm still desperately waiting for an howto guide on how to get an img file from that.

I assume since github is a dev-oriented platform to share and commit modifications that actually there'no way to simply download the latest build... We should compile the entire Project on our own? Is there any guide? Is a *nix OS necessary to do that or could it be feasible also on win machines?

Thanks.I

If you have a Linux box with: 8GB RAM, SSD or really fast mechanical drive, 50 GB of hard drive space, upper end I7/Amd Ryzen CPU, plus time and patience, I'd be happy to show you.

Feasible on WIndoze? You'd probably be re-inventing the wheel.

• Feasible on WIndoze? You'd probably be re-inventing the wheel.

Not sure what you mean by this but with VirtualBox and the ability to read you can build from github in about 2-3 hours on windows

• On my TX5 Pro (S905X), Libreelec shuts down correctly, but It doesn't reboot from internal (Kodi Just doesn't do anything). Is It a bug?

Also, is It possibile to remap the remote buttons? In earlier Libreelec release, the central remote Android button showed the channel list in Simple IPTV, now It shows the timebar.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

• ( Not really a fault with the latest devel build - quite the opposite in fact!! )

Long time user of RPi1 and RPi2 for openelec/libreelec...

Tried out some Android TV boxes a year ago - wirh Rockchip 3229 SoC... Seems like not much development support on this system but FTMC ( Krypton ) is working for hevc playback at least...

Lashed out and bought a S912 system.... cheapo chinese M96X Plus w/ 2/16 Gbytes mem and Gigabit Ethernet. Storage is moved to eMMC.

Latest devel build works great except for some live tv display issues - no biggy as I rarely watch live tv anyway...

Main problem is the system boots too bloody fast for dhcp...

The s912 box has dual radio - but I use a Linksys WUMC710 ( 802.11ac w/ 4 Gigabit ports ) to connect the S912, a RPi2 with TVHeadend server and TV in my room to connect back to central router with DD-WRT as the OS. I have config'd main router with OpenVPN client to connect to VPN provider for the devices in the DHCP range of addresses allocated out ( Policy based Routing ).

Using the 'Wait for Network' option in Libreelec settings is not working because the network is immediately available ( ethernet connected, not waiting for WiFi to initialise ), so I need to somehow pause the boot, waiting for DHCP to finalise. I know I can hard code the IP Address, but I really need to have it dynamically allocated because of revolving address allocation rules for the VPN in my router.

Any ideas???

• If your router is like mine, you can have it reserve IP address for particular MAC address, and therefore have a dynamically assigned 'fixed' address. :idea:

Failing that, maybe a startup script to drop eth and raise it after wlan is up ?

Edited once, last by Poida ().

• i'm not sure if it would work but you can try using the sleep command via autostart.sh

e.g.

#delay 30 seconds

sleep 30

• hello, i use a mecool KI pro hybrid box with s905d chipset. I use Libreelec 9.0 via sd card.

the box is overheating after two hours. make it sense to install a better rom, or is the rom totally unimportand if libreelec started via sd card?

• The box is overheating only due to poor and inadequate cooling system.

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• menotu

drill carefully some holes near the "M" of Mecool logo at the top in the case or put a PC Cooler Fan under the device. Use an external power supply for the fan. Both methodes working fine for me.

(sorry for off topic btw )

• hello, i use a mecool KI pro hybrid box with s905d chipset. I use Libreelec 9.0 via sd card.

the box is overheating after two hours. make it sense to install a better rom, or is the rom totally unimportand if libreelec started via sd card?

If you don't yous a "heavy" skin, you could also try these 3 commands to the reduces the cpu/gpu speed :

Code
    1. echo 0 > /sys/class/mpgpu/min_freq
    2. echo 0 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq
    3. echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

If you wont them permanent you have to include them in autostart.sh

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• If your router is like mine, you can have it reserve IP address for particular MAC address, and therefore have a dynamically assigned 'fixed' address. :idea:

Failing that, maybe a startup script to drop eth and raise it after wlan is up ?

Worked out just easier to hard code IP address outside of dhcp range and add this address to the PBR table in DD-WRT.

Cheers.