[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Its not in the 8.90.6 build, its in the later devel builds - which have now been taken down ready for an official release. You will have to wait till they are released.

Shoog

alright thanks

• Fake RAM. You paid for 3GB and got only 2. It happens, get over it.

• Hei, so i have this problem, i was dumb enough to install to nand(adding the dtb file in the update folder). wasn't able to fix it using the dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256kcommand. managed to brick it. only way to get it work again was install lakka. I think i have broken the recovery button in the toothpick slot.
    So i tried to install again. just added the install to update of lakka. but it only install's once and then it isn't able to boot it.so i have installed lakka again i figured i might as well boot libreelec from sd card but now it wont boot from sd card either.

any ides on how to get that working again?

Thanks

I've done that and worked fine.

My problem arised when I was trying to 're-update' the already working version (same version, using UPDATE folder but without DTB file - I though it was already installed, so no need to update again).

I'm now working with CoreELEC devel but haven't used installtointernal - just testing in SD.

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• About initial display resolution...

I set mine to 1080p60 but initial boot gaves me no image with this version (8.90.6) and 720p with CoreELEC devel (a reboot solve the problem with both versions).

I guess my receiver/projector doesn't have HDMI signal stable by then, and it reverts to same kind of default (my long gone Rpi had that problem to).

My previous version (8.0.1l) doesn't show that symptome.

Is there a way to force initial resolution?

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

That's not quite right, there are two modifications of GT1. GT1 with 2GB DDR3 and GT1 Ultimate with 3GB DDR4. More detailed information can be found in the bootloader log.

• That's not quite right, there are two modifications of GT1. GT1 with 2GB DDR3 and GT1 Ultimate with 3GB DDR4. More detailed information can be found in the bootloader log.

And what? If it works with 2GB dtb then it has 2GB RAM only.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II (coreelec.org 9.2.1), H96 Pro (coreelec.org 9.2.1), ODORID N2 (coreelec.org 9.2.1), VIM3 PRO (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Beelink GT King (coreelec.org 9.2.1), Denon AVR-X2600H, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

No, there is 3gb of Ram (Ultimate version). 3go visible in the settings of Android (Double boot)

I have the impression that the problem comes from the tree ... Another idea ?

• No, there is 3gb of Ram. Visible in the settings of Android (Double boot)

I have the impression that the problem comes from the tree ... Another idea?

If it works with the 2GB device tree, do you have any issues with playback or any other issues?

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• @Bubulegum

Everything works, but the box starts less quickly with this tree ...

So, it booted up with the 3GB, on older builds?

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

• Other versions 8.90 I did not try. But 8.2.2, the 3go are OK, however, less efficient Ethernet network.

I think you will need to compromise. (make a choice of what is important for you)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

• And what? If it works with 2GB dtb then it has 2GB RAM only.

That's true. But look closely at the log - this is GT1 device with built-in DDR4 memory. However, the manufacturer did not program the support for * 3g.dtb, so in this case only * 2g.dtb can be used, although at HW level 3GB could be used.

• Getting quite a few random lock ups when playing Radio through TVH 4.2 on the last devel build.

Shoog

• CoreElec Website:

You probably don't want to open a nudist colony, so it should say "bear with us" instead of "bare with us" :-D

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

• CoreElec Website:

You probably don't want to open a nudist colony, so it should say "bear with us" instead of "bare with us" :-D

:P

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2