[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• for some reason i can't even make it working with 2.4 wifi - mecool m8s pro w s905w 2gb 16gb ethernet fine

can you tell me which device tree you use?

Mini MX-G 2/16 S905.arm LibreELEC

• can you tell me which device tree you use?

little bit hard to say, because I could not install the latest LE9.0 directly from SD. Using the

dtb gxl_p281_2g.dtb

which is specific for "W" soc did not work for me. The box would drop in shell after the LE logo. Can't remember the msg but done some reading and the problem resides in the boot not able to find a partition called STORAGE, hence could not do all the writing/setup during the first boot.

So my only way around was to flash the previous version LE8.2 on SD, with device tree (i think)

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

run the full installation so it could create the second partition, then drop the latest LE9.0 .tar file in the .update directory, renamed the partition LIBREELEC_DATA (or however was called, can't remember) to STORAGE on PC with gparted, reboot and in this way I had a clean install to the latest version. Don't know if there was any other way to do it, been searching forums with specific keywords and that's the only way found to work with this box. Discovered after buying this model that it was not recommended for ELEC on the various boards, so did not want to bother developers. Hope this works for others as well. Or to help developers tracing the problem. Now that I have it working on SD I've just made a clean install image with dd and start from that instead. I'm on the latest COREELEC devel and most of the problems I had with LE8.2 (out of sync audio/video on m3u streams, PVR, etc) seem to have gone and compared to the android version on the same box perform and quality is absolutely incredible for a 25 quid box. Can't connect in wifi but not bothered as I always use wired connection.

this for your records is on a Mecool M8S Pro W 2GB 16GB with Nexus ROM in NAND.

• OK

This is a littlebit weird for me. I dont think about these files are good for me.

I installed the LibreELEC 8.90 system on a completely blank SD Card according to the appropriate standard, as the previous version LibreELEC 8.2 too. In the LibreELEC 8.2 system was 5GHz WiFi, in the 8.90 system had no, only 2.4GHz.

Or can developers know something to answer? GDPR-2

I can only connect to 2.4GHz now, but the 5GHz would be better. I have both WiFi. This is a very populated area in the city where I living and everyone uses 2.4GHz WiFi, so this WiFI speed is slow. 5GHz WiFi was in 8.2, and it was very fast.

Thanks

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.3.img.gz

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

• GDPR-2 do you know if anyone is working on the amlogic kernel 4.9 for S905 family?

Kszaq tried it once and I think there is something in his git. But it has several issues. Also AMLOGIC dropped support for S905 so it's only S905X and S912.

• Hey guys,

I'm trying the latest CoreElec devel build on my S912, but when I try to connect to a SMB share I always get "Operation not permitted" error.
    The box has a proper IP address and I can browse the server so the network should be ok, but when I try to go into a share I get the error message. The password should be good, because this also happens when I just update from 8.90.6 (where SMB works).

The firewall is disabled in the Settings/CoreElec/Network section.

EDIT: As far what I see from the Win SRV16 logs is that the box tries to authenticate as an anonymous user to the share and not with the credentials provided.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited once, last by MCs88 ().

• Hello,

I have a MXQ Pro Plus Amlogic S905 2GB RAM 16GB ROM that used to have version 8.2.2.3 on.

I recently upgraded to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6 and gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb.

Ethernet connection is not showing in 8.90.0.6.

I downgraded dtb image to 8.2 and installed version 8.2.2.3, but the eternet is still not working. When I set IP manual it says "Ready" but never gets online.

Before I updated the ethernet was working.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Sincerely,

Sandvaer

• I'm a complete n00b on the argument, but I've seen the coreelec github Project and I'm still desperately waiting for an howto guide on how to get an img file from that.

I assume since github is a dev-oriented platform to share and commit modifications that actually there'no way to simply download the latest build... We should compile the entire Project on our own? Is there any guide? Is a *nix OS necessary to do that or could it be feasible also on win machines?

Thanks.

• I'm a complete n00b on the argument, but I've seen the coreelec github Project and I'm still desperately waiting for an howto guide on how to get an img file from that.

I assume since github is a dev-oriented platform to share and commit modifications that actually there'no way to simply download the latest build... We should compile the entire Project on our own? Is there any guide? Is a *nix OS necessary to do that or could it be feasible also on win machines?

Thanks.

If you want to have the newest build you can build the image on your own. Please have a look here: Compile [LibreELEC.wiki]

Replace

Code
    1. git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git

with

Code
    1. git clone https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC.git

and the new root folder will be ~/CoreELEC.

• Hi, don´t know if it is my issue or if it´s because of Alpha stage: I´m running LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for Amlogic S905/S912 devices from this thread (Version 8.90.6) using gxl_p212_2g.dtb. It is a Sammix R95S box with 2 GB Ram and 16 GB Rom.

Box is booting from SD card, using internal memory for data configured following this thread.

I´m running Rapier skin version 11.2.1. and I have configured the Skin in the same way as on my other boxes with the difference that the other boxes are on LibreELEC 8.x.

Can´t get running Fanart animations in the background as music visualisation when playing music.

Rapier configuration settings :

At Media => Music Playing section I checked Enable Fullscreen Window when starting Music

I have checked Enable Music Vizualization / Artist Fanart in the backgound

Choose Background: Artist Fanart Only

I have checked Fanart Slideshow

I have checked Animate Fanart Backgrounds

In section FULLSCREEN MUSIC:

I have checked Show CD Art and info in fullscreen music

I have checked Video Lyrics

I´m playing a music stream from RADIO plugin. Video Lyrics start, but there is no Fanart in the background.

Is there any issue from my end regarding the configuration or does it not working because of Alpha stage?

Thanx for each help!

• Very few of the skins have been properly ported. Only EStuary works reliably in all areas. I am running MIMIC and many things don't work fully.

Shoog

• Got it, Thanks a lot.

Not that straightforward to me as I should rely on a live distro (don't have a Linux machine at the moment), but for sue I'll try.

GDPR-2 , GDPR-1 : will you also compile every now and then (e.g., Milestone) to provide ready-to-burn img for generic amlogic devices?