[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Isn't parameter imageres used to set max resolution? Set it to larger value?

advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

Thank you very much. But I think it's more complex? There are two types of impairments, varying according to the display mode.

1) crenellation 2) blur

But never the pockets reach the quality present on the TMDB site.

I observe variable crenellation when the images are displayed in small, as is the case with the "wall" mode. But when I display the image in full screen, in "info" mode, and the crenellation leaves room for blur.

I will still try your idea as soon as possible. Where can I find this tag? <images> 1080 </ imageres>

• GDPR-2 Is there any chance to update the GPU drivers for S912 boxes?

• GDPR-2 Is there any chance to update the GPU drivers for S912 boxes?

Unlikely until the mail drivers are released (ie never) or someone manages to port a later Android Kernel which is stable in operation. The later was tried by adamg without much success.

S912 is on paper a better chip than the S905 but the reality is the opposite.

Shoog

• Unlikely until the mail drivers are released (ie never) or someone manages to port a later Android Kernel which is stable in operation. The later was tried by adamg without much success.

Shoog

sorry but for what i understand from wrxtasy that he updated some gpu drivers or did i missed something?

• It is file /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

About 9999: https://kodi.wiki/view/artwork/cache

Note: In v18, the 1920x1080 limitation has been removed. Using <imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size

Done giving support here because of last events.

• A version of Contentful's logo is something I think would be nice for CoreElec. IMO.

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• The Key is here ?

"XBMC uses the compressed format DXT1 or DXT5 in the form of a .dds file. These are GPU-friendly compressed formats which allow for very fast loading of textures. It comes at the disadvantage of a loss in quality - DXT compression can in some cases be very bad quality. Kodi uses libsquish which is reasonably optimal at compressing the images. In the future Kodi may use DXT5 in the YCoCg colour space which is the same size as DXT5 (i.e. 8bits/pixel) but is visually close to being lossless. For now, if Kodi deems the quality isn't quite good enough to use DXT1 or DXT5, we use ARGB (i.e. 32bits/pixel) which can result in some very large images on disk. On systems with slow disk access, these may take longer to load than .jpg or .png versions."

• Unlikely until the mail drivers are released (ie never) or someone manages to port a later Android Kernel which is stable in operation. The later was tried by adamg without much success.

Shoog

I have a Minix NEO U9-H. Do you mean if I buy an S905 box, I will get better performance? I need full 4K H265 10bit HDR support. Auto switching HDR and resolution. Are you saying an S905 box is better than S912?

• someone else will have to comment, but my understanding is that kernel support is much more mature for the s905 and this should equal better performance.

Shoog

• Just scanning my kodilog and noticed that 720i at 25fps is not a supported video mode - which would account for why video play back of SD at 720i 25fps is so choppy. Will it get support or is there a fallback way of handling this content.

Shoog

• Great. What's the best s905 box that has optical out, headphone out + 4K HDR H265.

There is an extensive thread on choosing the best box for Libreelec which should go through all the choices you need to make. Optical out is fairly standard on just about all of these boxes.

Side by side comparisons of S912 boxes and S905 boxes show no performance advantage for the S912 when using standard benchmark tests.

Shoog

• Everything here is now completely off-topic. Could someone please clean this thread?

T6 (2GB/16GB, S905x, Android 7.1.1, CoreElec - living on the bleeding edge)

• I have a Minix NEO U9-H. Do you mean if I buy an S905 box, I will get better performance? I need full 4K H265 10bit HDR support. Auto switching HDR and resolution. Are you saying an S905 box is better than S912?

No that is incorrect.

For starters good luck finding a S905X with Gigabit ethernet which you defiantly need for 4K HDR.

Then finding decent u-boot code like the U9 has included will prove problematic.

S912 have a full 10bit tunnel for video output, S905X do not - this is info from @Baylibre, the AMLogic mainline Kernel guys.

S912's are faster vs S905X's. Forget performance benchmarks, this is from extensive usage.

On AMLogic platforms - GPU drivers have nothing to do with Hardware video decoding performance.

This is now off topic - there is already a "Choosing a S9xx box" thread for such discussion, take the conversation there...

PS. Take special note about S9xx heatsinks and cooling in that thread.

• Excuse me, but I do not find your interventions more useful than mine. . .

That's the point, recently they're not and would be totally unnecessary if you would read the Reporting Bugs post and behave accordingly. /shrug

To report a bug or an issue with this build, please submit a ticket here for your issue

General installation or help questions should be posted in their appropriate subforums

Hopefully, you will be a little more compliant in the future. Until then, for the sake of preventing this thread exploding with off-topic posts like the original did, I will just use the block user function ;)