[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Question has been asked and answered repeatedly.

Here it conmes one more time, please read:

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

Thanks for point it out. :angel:

As I understand, one must use Lircmap.xml and/or remote.xml instead of keyboard.xml? (so many things have changed, seems like I been in coma for 10 years and them the world is changed... :cool:)

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Can't read all the posts but I tested this built and it has the subtitle stuttering problem. Are they considering fixing this?

I'm using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff and would like to switch to LE 9 for the easier remote support.

Thanks for point it out. :angel:

As I understand, one must use Lircmap.xml and/or remote.xml instead of keyboard.xml? (so many things have changed, seems like I been in coma for 10 years and them the world is changed... :cool:)

Read this LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• I've read that, thanks.

My problem seems to be in a higher level - where keys are translated to KODI actions. In my former use, because I didn't have PLAY or STOP keys on my remote, I used key "2" to PLAY/PAUSE and "5" to STOP (just an example).

I want to use my XSIGHT (One for All programable remote) emulating MCE remote (works just fine, as expected), but want special keys functions like accessing subtitle downloads menu (I have "3" key for that).

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Most, but not me. My material is about 90% 1080p HEVC 10bit and my 4k UHD colection is getting larger every day. Pi's obsolete board is no more in my focus, and "Most of us" number will be less and less as time goes by.

For me Pi3+ is just a grasp for a straw to stay in media player focus.

I've read that, thanks.

My problem seems to be in a higher level - where keys are translated to KODI actions. In my former use, because I didn't have PLAY or STOP keys on my remote, I used key "2" to PLAY/PAUSE and "5" to STOP (just an example).

I want to use my XSIGHT (One for All programable remote) emulating MCE remote (works just fine, as expected), but want special keys functions like accessing subtitle downloads menu (I have "3" key for that).

If you program each of the keys to a specific recognised keyboard key (such as 1,2,3... etc) you can then use keymap editor addon to assign specific functions to those keys. Unfortunately there seems to be something going on with the AML kernel which intercepts certain keys and prevents them from been visible to the keymap editor, so some keys simply don't work. Its not a perfect vanilla transposition of the ir-keytable system as far as I can see.

Shoog

• Thanks for point it out. :angel:

Yes, lots of changes lately ;)

From your other answer i am not quite clear where you get stuck. If your keys are recognized (so ir-keytable is doing its job) than i think the easiest way to finetune emote keys is through Keymap Editor addon (available in the official Kodi repo)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• If you program each of the keys to a specific recognised keyboard key (such as 1,2,3... etc) you can then use keymap editor addon to assign specific functions to those keys. Unfortunately there seems to be something going on with the AML kernel which intercepts certain keys and prevents them from been visible to the keymap editor, so some keys simply don't work. Its not a perfect vanilla transposition of the ir-keytable system as far as I can see.

Shoog

Keys are well intercepeted, as far as I tested.

For instance, in playback mode, I used those keys (in my last post) to PLAY, STOP or access subtitles download menu. Now, they have normal operation which is typing a specif time to jump to.

They are working alright, by my old KEYBOARD.XML is not translating them to my specific functions. I not at home rigth now but, from what I've seen, I guess I'll have to use LIRCMAP.XML or just change their names ("1" is now "KEY_1" ?!?).

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• Unfortunately there seems to be something going on with the AML kernel which intercepts certain keys and prevents them from been visible to the keymap editor, so some keys simply don't work. Its not a perfect vanilla transposition of the ir-keytable system as far as I can see.

Shoog

I have not run in to this.

If a key is not remappable i would suspect these keys have not been defined through ir-keytable.

In this case it might be worth it to re-do the ir-keytable config and check if all codes are properly defined.

I have seen buttons on remotes that require a certain code to work in Kodi.

But then again, i am by no means an expert with configuring remotes; i keep it as simple as possible and/or have always been lucky ;)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Keys are well intercepeted, as far as I tested.

For instance, in playback mode, I used those keys (in my last post) to PLAY, STOP or access subtitles download menu. Now, they have normal operation which is typing a specif time to jump to.

They are working alright, by my old KEYBOARD.XML is not translating them to my specific functions. I not at home rigth now but, from what I've seen, I guess I'll have to use LIRCMAP.XML or just change their names ("1" is now "KEY_1" ?!?).

Its obvious that the keyboard.xml will no longer work since its not part of the new flow through. You need to go back and follow the instructions in the linked to post and then fine tune with keymap editor addon. There can be no short cut to avoid this.

Shoog

• I Can't read all the posts but I tested this built and it has the subtitle stuttering problem. Are they considering fixing this?

I'm using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff and would like to switch to LE 9 for the easier remote support.

I hope GDPR-2 make a new devel build with wrxtasy pr included so we can also test if netflix 720p is working on our S912 boxes😃

• Now I have a bigger problem...

I lost left and right keys, although they did appear correctly with ir-keytable -t...

OK, no pronlem, next thing I did was a new update with same .tar BUT DID NOT placed dtb.img again and now it won't boot...

Tried the method in first page; it boots from SD with two different DTB.IMG but not from nand (after SSH in first page).

What else could I try before a clean install?

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• I hope GDPR-2 make a new devel build with wrxtasy pr included so we can also test if netflix 720p is working on our S912 boxes😃

It didn't make a slight bit of difference on S905X

If you install to internal then be prepared to take the consequences that come with it, instructions are on the first page to recover your box, please read before posting.

• GDPR-2 Just wanted to see if you had a chance to look at my 2 update related questions since I know you get a lot of mentions.

Thanks

• The key is definitely mapped since when I am creating the keymap with ir-keytables -t it shows the mapped key value (ie KEY_FAVORITE, etc). It maybe specific to the remote though so your experience maybe different to mine.

Shoog

• This?

Done it, with two different dtb.img. No, joy.

Both dtb work with SD, not in internal memory.

I already had this version working fine, wasn't it suppose to be ok upgrading with .TAR (UPDATE folder)?

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• I don't understand how people could use these builds with subtitle stutter. Subtitle is a very important part of a movie and if it does not work properly, the whole thing is no good.

• I don't understand how people could use these builds with subtitle stutter. Subtitle is a very important part of a movie and if it does not work properly, the whole thing is no good.

i dont have any issues with subtitles on s905x. perfectly working!

• After multiple hack, I managed to restore my internet problems!

I feel that there is a bug that is created when setting in a specific order ... I do not touch anything! I will now be able to advance in the test of this Devel. Thank you.