[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• We are working very hard to resolve the issues. afl1 is our best dvb developer.

Greetings,

Dear Ray dude, why do not we get help from Codesnake's brother?

Or are the rules preventing him?

What's the matter?

Best regards...

• Easy problem to solve, get a $5 USD Sonoff WiFi enabled smart switch. Don't have to get up off the couch to turn off/on your box.

• clarkss12
    Bricole : Thank you for the idea, but I already have enough remote to depress my family. In addition, it generates a restart time, and it makes crash CEC Ampli / TV / Box. I think it makes more sense to fix the bug ...

While waiting for the update, I hesitate between 8.90.5 or Kodi v17.6. :/

8.90.5 = random crashes

v17.6 = local network bit rate bridged to 75Mb / s instead of 120 Mb / s (Squeeze on Billy Lynn movie)

Highly 90.7. :D

• bindou

8.90.5 had a bug in kodi that made it crash, it wasn't a problem with LE.

I am not sure why you are having problems with the network connections on this build, though.

You could at least start by posting a dmesg log after a reboot and trying to access the network/internet.

• The Coolest

Thanks.

Ok, I'll do that after tomorrow, I'll have time. Can you tell me, what is the difference between gxm_q201_2g.dtb and gxm_q200_2g.dtb ? For the Beelink GT1, which one corresponds ?

Devel + gxm_q201_2g.dtb : Blocks the box on the start screen.

Devel + gxm_q200_2g.dtb : start + Ethernet detection, but network problem.

:/

• bindou

q200 is for devices with 1gbit ethrenet.

q201 is for devices with 100mbit ethrenet.

All I can recommend right now is:
    Make a clean install of the latest devel, and use the DTB that is in the device_tree folder on the SD card, don't use any other file.

• I also have problem with the network on my S905X with the last 2 "libreelec" prefixed devel release. It is unable to connect to the samba shares and also no internet on the box, although it gets IP address.
    Everything is working with 8.90.5/6.

Another interesting part that I also have degraded network performance with the last few 8.2.x.x/8.3.x.x "stable" releases using my ASIX AX88179 usb3 ethernet adapter with my S905X box, but not with the 8.90.5/6.

• My clock is upside down. (The Led display @ front) It has been like this since inception on libre elec. Can anyone point me to where the source code lies in CoreElec repo, or if there is a config file I can edit.

• I do not want to get up to unplug / reconnect the device several times a day. I understand that it's a Beta,

Then use a stable version for everyday use, like most people, and not an alpha version - it hasn't even progressed to a Beta yet, we are supposed to expect hiccups with these builds and report them (once) and then wait for the devs to deal with the issue, that's how it (slowly) progresses to a stable, final release. :cool:

• Anybody using a Mecool m8s pro L and able to get Netflix working? Have tried the overclocked version and latest coreelec. Also tried 8.90.4 and still the same issue whereby the fps is maybe 1-2 on 720. Only way I can get it to run is dropping it to 180p. Running latest version of Netflix and libwidvine.

• With v8.0.1l I had a working keyboard.xml mapping keys ("1", "2", ..."0") to specific functions, since my remote doesn't have PLAY or STOP buttons, for instance.

They are not working anymore. Was there a change in Leia or something like that?

(I only pretend to change remote keys behaviour, I don't use a keyboard)

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• With v8.0.1l I had a working keyboard.xml mapping keys ("1", "2", ..."0") to specific functions, since my remote doesn't have PLAY or STOP buttons, for instance.

They are not working anymore. Was there a change in Leia or something like that?

(I only pretend to change remote keys behaviour, I don't use a keyboard)

Question has been asked and answered repeatedly.

Here it conmes one more time, please read:

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• bindou and anybody who has issues, please post them to github issues page as stated on the first page as it allows them to be better managed and stops the thread from becoming cluttered

• bindou and anybody who has issues, please post them to github issues page as stated on the first page as it allows them to be better managed and stops the thread from becoming cluttered

I will re-test DVB Channel switching again with latest devel and post on github when i get the chance.

You (and others) don't get thanked enough. Thanks ! :)

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Can't read all the posts but I tested this built and it has the subtitle stuttering problem. Are they considering fixing this?

I'm using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4-Subtitles-ff and would like to switch to LE 9 for the easier remote support.