[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Most, but not me. My material is about 90% 1080p HEVC 10bit and my 4k UHD colection is getting larger every day. Pi's obsolete board is no more in my focus, and "Most of us" number will be less and less as time goes by.

For me Pi3+ is just a grasp for a straw to stay in media player focus.

I have 2 RPI 3Bs but use them for other projects now. Amlogic based TV boxes are far more useful as video players and future proof because of HEVC and HDR support.

Tanix TX7 @ LE 8.90.3, Mecool KI Pro @ LE 8.90.3, Beelink MiniMX III @ LE 8.90.3

• I do not think so, because on the LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5.img, everything works fine. (except the crash from time to time.)

I would consider that a good result for an alpha build, what are you complaining about?

• i think you mean the AML LE developers

Naturally, we are having this discussion in an Amlogic thread ;)

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• I'm afraid you might wait a very long time for LE 8.90.7 version, as (almost?) all developers left LE project

Lol it's not so bad. Please don't paint a bad picture or all of us get banned here for good.

• I removed it. It was only for testing and driver wasn't working.

Ah, ok...thanks afl1

shame as it would be nice to have a version on WP2 where LiveTV works as picture quality is fantastic on latest devel build.

• Ah, ok...thanks afl1

shame as it would be nice to have a version on WP2 where LiveTV works as picture quality is fantastic on latest devel build.

We are working very hard to resolve the issues. afl1 is our best dvb developer.

• in your opinion ?

Mine and anyone else that understands these are alpha (unstable) builds.

A build that, in your own words, "everything works fine. (except the crash from time to time.)" must surely be considered a good result ;)

• Poida
    Good results according to you, are they necessarily the result satisfactory for all users? I do not want to get up to unplug / reconnect the device several times a day. I understand that it's a Beta, that's why I'm waiting for more ...

According to my tests, the Devel of 09/04 corrects this problem. But, he creates this new internet problem ...

Also, on all beta versions or not, there is a problem of image that slips randomly. Several people have reported it.

I believe in the ability of the community to fix these little bugs!

• My suggestion would be to install a working version on to a different usb stick. So it's ready for when you just want it to "work"

when you want to play around then install the non working usb.

By the way, thanks to all the developers for their hard work.

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)