[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• The version of widevine in that script is old and will not work. This version however does MEGA

GDPR-2 :

how did you get the updated version of libwidevine?

where can I download it, in case there is an updated version?

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• The Coolest Thanks for your answer

Unfortunately, your tip does not work, 576cvbs was already registered.
    Maybe somebody can test with a S905x box if AV (Composite) works with CE.

Files

• kodi.log

(24 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )

Box: 2x Nexbox (S905X/1GB/8GB), X96mini (S905W/1GB/8GB)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 intern.

Edited once, last by Tron ().

• CoreELEC.jpg

Just a little retouch.

Reminds me the Commodore logo from the 80s.

Blakey's idea is more fresh.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• page not found

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• where can I download it

The version of widevine in that script is old and will not work. This version however does MEGA

• I'm very excited to see the rebellion continue!

I wonder if there will be any chance that my two request can be implemented into this build?

1) Create Favorite from main screen

I found this link that seems to be the key to when they removed this feature:

move favourites context menus to favourites module · xbmc/[email protected] · GitHub

2) Improve guide number layout

I'm surprised that this hasn't been an issue for more users (I use 5 digit channels i.e.206.1).

I will definitely be happy without either of these though if that means that we keep getting quality builds like we have.

Keep up the great work!!!

• I know I can download it from the link adamg provided. I already have downloaded the file and Netfliux works ok.

But I want to know where I can download future versions of libwidevine, maybe something will change in the future,

so a new version will be required.

Edit:

I see, that the Amazon VOD addon comes with inputstreamhelper (as you mentioned before), so I started again from scratch to test this.

I removed /storage/.kodi/cdm, installed Amazon VOD and Netflix-addon it. Then I configured and invoked Netflix.

-> Netflix movie does not play, no directory /storage/.kodi/cdm was created.

Then I found the solution:

To create the cdm-dir with libwidevine files I have to login with an Amazon VOD-account first.

inputstreamhelper-addon only works with Amazon VOS-addon, not with Netflix only.

That was my misinterpretation.

I have only a Netflix-account, no Amazon VOD-account. So I borrowed a Amazon-VOD account from my daughter

and voila - the 1.9GB Chrom image was downloaded and libwidevine was extracted.

The usage of wget getwidevine.sh, which is referenced in many forums delivered only an

outdated libwidevine for ARM-boxes.

Hope that helps other users...

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• The Coolest Thanks for your answer

Unfortunately, your tip does not work, 576cvbs was already registered.
    Maybe somebody can test with a S905x box if AV (Composite) works with CE.

My living room TV has a broken HDMI board and we have to use it with an HDMI-to-CVBS converter. Would love to see the new version work, but it still is showing a black screen. Strange thing is the TV shows the resolution change when adjusting the mode using the syntax The Coolest provided.

It seems so close!

• What repo did you use for Amazon?

• The usage of wget getwidevine.sh, which is referenced in many forums delivered only an

outdated libwidevine for ARM-boxes.

I haven't even tried to get Netflix or Amazon on my S905x box yet, but will soon. I looked into the script referenced in many forums and saw that it downloads an Arm7h package of chromium-widevine. Googling found an updated version on the ArchLinux website and instructions for Netflix.

Hope this helps; I'll be testing this sometime soon when I have free time.