[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Sholander We don't have much expenses. Adam bought the domain for 12 GBP a year iirc. The rest will be hosted on GitHub which doesn't cost us anything.

When we get banned from this Forum we might run a seperate one or use vendor forums. We don't need any Build servers either. At times when I made community builds I could do 8-12 images + Addons without issues.

This is FOSS why should we make money from it? I don't need to travel to conventions or devcons. There are enough organizations you can donate to that really need it.

If you wanna show your support try to contribute in another way. A very valuable contribution is support.

• Instead of apple core, what about earth core?

You don't give up, do you ^^, There is already a core there. The black chip. ;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• I like the simple look of the Libreelec logo, so something simple and elegant but with a bit of colour.

Shoog

• If you wanna show your support try to contribute in another way. A very valuable contribution is support.

OK, I intend to and I will, as much as I am able.

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• should not be a problem, i have two 8G/1G that runs without issues on the internal.

I downloaded the .img file from Index of /releases and tried programming it to the boot partition but twrp reports "size of image is larger than target device". I remember when i installed LE on my first box a long time ago there were separate images for the 1G and 2G boxes. How did you install the new image on your 1G box? Thanks again.

• I often read sarcastic comments and advice, from a distinguished developer, about cheap Chinese Amlogic boxes, as if very praised Raspbery Pi isn't cheap.

Many of these "cheap Chinese boxes" are certainly more potent and more versatile than RPi, and it would make me very sad to see the end of development and support for them.

Some time ago I donated to LE community for development; is there a way to make a donation to you and the rest of the team, at least to make it easier to pay for your server?

The sarcastic comments you refer too is one thing that has continually irked me, they are not cool or helpful and nothing but rude, disrespectful and just plain wrong. Some people have forgotten that it is the community that makes the project, it is you guys that keep us going on.

Sholander We don't have much expenses. Adam bought the domain for 12 GBP a year iirc. The rest will be hosted on GitHub which doesn't cost us anything.

When we get banned from this Forum we might run a seperate one or use vendor forums. We don't need any Build servers either. At times when I made community builds I could do 8-12 images + Addons without issues.

This is FOSS why should we make money from it? I don't need to travel to conventions or devcons. There are enough organizations you can donate to that really need it.

If you wanna show your support try to contribute in another way. A very valuable contribution is support.

Couldn't agree more.

• for some reason i can't even make it working with 2.4 wifi - mecool m8s pro w s905w 2gb 16gb ethernet fine

weird

I can only connect to 2.4GHz, but the 5GHz would be better. I have both. This is a very populated area in the city and everyone uses 2.4GHz, so this wifi speed is slow. 5GHz was in 8.2, and it was fast.

Is there any hope that it will be returned to MiniMX?

Thank you

Mini MX-G 2/16 S905.arm LibreELEC

• Here the small screen in the live TV channel list is stuttering or maybe just played with less fps. Is that normal? I use vnsi and the dev package from this thread for S912. If i enable debig loggin is see 16.7 fps in channel list and around 35-40 fps in fullscreen. Should that be 50fps if i set 50Hz?

• Looks like from the 80s (sorry, just my personal taste/opinion) and maybe the discussion about CoreElec should be a new thread.

• CoreELEC.jpg

Just a little retouch.

We can't use anything with the word Kodi in without their written permission as it is a trademarked term and according to one particular LE dev, only LE has permission to do this (another issue in itself).

We have asked for clarification on this and whether we are free to use the Kodi branding in our tiny FOSS project, we are still waiting for an answer though.

• Neither because I do not always push the code for test releases immediately, if you want to build 8.90.6 then you would clone the master branch and then use 'git checkout 8.90.6'.

With the change to CoreELEC will changes now be pushed to the Github sooner for us to build and test ourselves?