[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Wonderful design.

If only the green 'C' was a green apple (maybe with a bite out of it) :?:

• Not so sure about that, I'm glad I moved away from the Pi (while there is such good support for the Amlogic 'el cheapo boxes).

viva the CoreElec revolution! :thumbup:

I must say here that I admire the work from RPi's developers, specially milhouse and popcornmix to develop software decoding of HEVC video, but all their effort cannot overcame obsolete hardware.

Viva CE on Amlogic! :love:

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• If only the green 'C' was a green apple (maybe with a bite out of it) :?:

I like that, but "apple" might complain of copyright infringement

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350 / Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan CoreELEC from NAND

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.6 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

Mecool M8S Pro L running Android, Netflix NOT working

Nvidia Shield Running Plex Android Kodi :)

• I don't agree with this. I have RPi1, RPi2 and RPi3 (not going to spend any money on RPi3+), and all Pi's straggle with contemporary video formats like 1080P HEVC 10bit, not to mention HDR, 444/10, true gigabit ethernet and so on. Most cheap aml boxes handle these formats out of the box with however crappy OS they come with, without any need to run anything from SD cards.

If only these boxes had such support as RPi.., that is the reason why I want to donate for continuing the development

that is also my opinion. A box without HW-decoding of HEVC is not state-of-the-art

for a mediacenter nowadays. The RPi3 is unusable for UHD-playback.

UHD and HDR is a must have for me.

I also own 2x RPi1 and a RPi3 for handicraft work, but not for a mediacenter in my living room.

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• I like that, but "apple" might complain of copyright infringement

Bugger! I thought I was onto something there. OK what about an apple core resembling a 'C' of the word Core (c'mon guys, help me out here - this is a revolution don't forget :D)

• pepeq We don't take donations. We probably don't need a fancy website either. You can donate your money to people or humanitarian organizations that really need it.

• that is also my opinion. A box without HW-decoding of HEVC is not state-of-the-art

for a mediacenter nowadays. The RPi3 is unusable for UHD-playback.

UHD and HDR is a must have for me.

I also own 2x RPi1 and a RPi3 for handicraft work, but not for a mediacenter in my living room.

I loved RPi's, but found new love and moved on ^^

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

• ;)

pepeq We don't take donations. We probably don't need a fancy website either. You can donate your money to people or humanitarian organizations that really need it.

Don't understand this. Why should all the maney needed go out of your own pockets?

Many users of your effort would like to contribute...

I look at it this way, with your effort you raise the value of these cheap boxes for at least their paid value, so why not accept donations ?

It is not that you sell something, it's just a reward for raising the value of cheap hardware ;)

Edited 2 times, last by Sholander ().

• Ok, so you would have to recreate it as a vector.

Not sure I understand what you mean?

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Bugger! I thought I was onto something there. OK what about an apple core resembling a 'C' of the word Core (c'mon guys, help me out here - this is a revolution don't forget :D)

A very quick image FN-AA756_APPLE__M_20170615030215b.jpg

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350 / Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan CoreELEC from NAND

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.6 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

• Instead of apple core, what about earth core?