[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Thanks adamg for your great build and praise to your great work towards community I want to report two problems in new devel build ,

1. occasionally minor subtitle’s stuttering is present in new devel build.

2. Remote is working slowly/sluggishly in new core devel build.

Thanks and Regards

• zbigzbig20 and anybody else, please report future issues here.

This will enable me and other developers to keep better track of current issues and give us the ability to work closer with you.

• What is CoreELEC?

CoreELEC is a minor fork of LibreELEC, it's built by the community for the community!

What is the difference between CE/LE?

CoreELEC will be driven by the community, it's direction chosen by the community, there will be more collaboration between developers and end users, more features and more bug fixes.

What devices will CE support?

For now the focus will be on only Amlogic based devices, there are very few developers working on this platform anymore and one of our goals with CE is to bring all Amlogic contributors together and work more closely with each other to keep LE/CE/Kodi alive on this great platform and raise it's awareness and popularity.

Why fork?

Many reasons, some technical, some political, some personal.

Bug Reporting
    One thing I see on these forums time and time again is bug reports regarding LibreELEC on AML which I do not feel is right as there is no LibreELEC on AML, not yet at least anyway, all that exists is community releases... I hope that with the name change bug reports can be differentiated in a manner that better reflects where they really exist.

All future bug reports should be posted here.

• . . . I have always maintained my own personal fork . . .

I am sure I speak for many when I say, despite how selfish we might appear at times complaining of our own (almost insignificant, at times) irritations with unstable builds, your dedication and hard work is appreciated.

Without the enthusiasm and knowledge of all you guys working hard on these Amlogic devices they would be absolutely worthless.

OE - LE - CE I'll be tagging along regardless of what it's called :thumbup::thumbup:

• README.md still says LibreElec. Is this as it should be?

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• OE - LE - CE I'll be tagging along regardless of what it's called :thumbup::thumbup:

Forks on Forks on Forks! Hahaha! Also glad theres a nice clean github fork I can follow, but someone stated about the new logo. It does look a bit like John Stewart and Comedy Central trying to take over lol. But no complaints here, I'm always down to lend my coding skills and testing for the cause.

• As far as I know, no one on the current team is a graphic designer, so if someone here has experience with design, and with logo design specifically, we'll welcome some help.

• Can someone post a picture of the new logo, please

I'm curious

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Beelink MiniMKIII (CoreELEC)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• Anyone else experiencing youtube not working on these builds. Dont really use Youtube but a few of my pluggings use it as a player.

Shoog

• . . . someone stated about the new logo. It does look a bit like . . .

I use custom splash screens, so it always boots up the same regardless of what has changed (saves the missus from freaking out :saint:)

• Greetings,

I thought about it 6 months ago but it's been a while now.

An important and beautiful development.

Must be taken into consideration.

Thank you so much...

Best regards...

• I hope that with the name change bug reports can be differentiated in a manner that better reflects where they really exist.

Hmmm . . . :-/

• GDPR-2 , with this new builds we have to again install older crazycat driver (wetek play 2) because with this built-in again there is no connection with tvheadend . And I can't adjust delay using this command ir-ctl -t 35000 . There is info :

/dev/lirc0: device does not support setting timeout . Because of that my remote does not work nice now :(

Where do yo guys get older dvb drivers from? are there zip files with older versions available to download anywhere?

Thanks,

Max

• Anyone else experiencing youtube not working on these builds. Dont really use Youtube but a few of my pluggings use it as a player.

Shoog

I can confirm that youtube works on the Coreelec devel version

• I can confirm that youtube works on the Coreelec devel version

Not yet available to test on S912. Will see when 8.90.7 comes out.

EDIT: digging around, the errors it throws are all python related and it seems that some of the python libraries are broken in Kodi and awaiting a fix. Hence this may explain why later builds have it working.

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog ().