[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• Sandmann's Amazon addons should have the inputstream/widevine installation/update automated. ;)

And just FYI,

there's nothing wrong in 5.90.6 in relation to inputstream/widevine demanding addons (Amazon/Netflix). :)

for me in a fresh 8.90.4 installation with update to *1001-devel and installing

Netflix with repository.netflix-1.0.1.zip

and libwidevine with getwidevine.sh

Netflix works without problems.

The version of widevine in that script is old and will not work. This version however does MEGA

But I will try the new version to see any differences...

I believe you can also install inputstreamhelper addon and will check your widewine version and ask to update. I'm about 83% sure it does that. Though clicking a Netflix stream won't trigger a widevine update unless your're using a beta fork from the github. The Amazon addon does take full advantage of inputstream helper and widevine updates. Again only 83% sure. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with LE alpha.

and I will also test the inputstreamhelper-addon, thanks for the info...

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• I am assuming this would install like a regular addon would?

the file GDPR-2 posted is not an addon or repo, but two *.so files, which must

replace the old ones in /storage /storage/.kodi/cdm, I assume...

• Hello everyone,

I have a MINIX Neo U1 and I just installed the latest devel release.

Everything seems to work good.

I have some questions:

Should I enable "sync playback to display" to get perfect playback?

Since monitors and televisions can't properly produce 23,976fps, this "ReClock" feature should be enabled by default. No? Is it disabled because S905 boxes are not powerful enough for this feature?

Why can't I choose HQ scalers like lanczos or spline?

Are they incompatible with amlogic chips?

The default MINIX Neo U1 remote works but not the "Home" button, is it normal?

Can I install Chrome/Chromium on this box with LibreElec?

Thanks

• I'm waiting for the v8.90.7 with a lot of impatience.

Do you have an estimated date ?

Why waiting? In this time, you could test 8.90.6 or one of the devel-Packages.

For me the devel-Package are running good. Some small stuttering in LiveTV sometimes at the beginning, or the playback stops, if i go into "Movies".

• Hi!

I tried the 8.90.6 on Sunwell T95Z Plus 3/32gb.

The LAN works with gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb only, but not always or too slowly, and timed out. Wifi works well, with FHD movies.

If I buy a usb3 gigabit lan adapter, it will working with good, or look for another dtb?

I'm watching 4K movie from NAS, with android LAN works well.

Thank you!

• I believe you can also install inputstreamhelper addon and will check your widewine version and ask to update. I'm about 83% sure it does that. Though clicking a Netflix stream won't trigger a widevine update unless your're using a beta fork from the github. The Amazon addon does take full advantage of inputstream helper and widevine updates. Again only 83% sure. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with LE alpha.

how can I install the inputstreamhelper addon? I cannot find this in the repos...

• Should I enable "sync playback to display" to get perfect playback?

Since monitors and televisions can't properly produce 23,976fps, this "ReClock" feature should be enabled by default.

If you can run the monitor at 1080p50Hz, then enable Sync Playback to display you might get smooth video playback.

23.976fps video will be sped up to 25fps and audio resampled.

That Sync function is Not enabled by default because it breaks Audio passthrough when audio is resampled.

Why can't I choose HQ scalers like lanczos or spline?

Are they incompatible with amlogic chips?

They are not implemented on any AMLogic platform running Kodi.

I've experimented with AMLogic LE test versions with lanczos or spline and they do not work very well at all.

Basically buy Intel hardware if you want that sort of CPU Software upscaling.

Buy Intel hardware if you want to install Chrome/Chromium with LibreElec too.

• I have "adjust display refresh rate" enabled and my television can switch to 23Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 50hz and 60Hz.

But they are not perfect, that's why ReClock and similar software were created.

Is the "sync playback to display" doing the same?

HQ scalers (bicubic, lanczos, spline, ...) are pixel shaders in kodi, so it's related to the GPU not the CPU.

• If you can run the monitor at 1080p50Hz, then enable Sync Playback to display you might get smooth video playback.

23.976fps video will be sped up to 25fps and audio resampled.

That Sync function is Not enabled by default because it breaks Audio passthrough when audio is resampled.

With all versions later than 8.0.1k, I find that all 25p content (720p resolution, HEVC codec) very occasionally produces frame skips/drops/stutter (Even though my display is set to 1080p/50Hz). All other frame rates 23.976 and 24p play back without any glitches. All content is played back via USB and stored on 2TB external HD. The LE box is attached to the TV via HDMI.

Each 8.0 version up to and including 8.0.1k exhibited no issues with 25p content.

I noticed this from version 8.0.1l onwards, and even now with the latest Leia alpha builds, it's the same. It does not appear to make any difference whether 'Sync playback to display' is on or off. If set to off, then I set 'Adjust display refresh rate' to start/stop, if 'Sync' is on, I set the adjust value to off. I don't need audio passthrough, so my default is 'Sync' on and 'Adjust' off. My tv is Panasonic and switches (if adjust is on) to 1080p/24Hz if needed. As I say, the issue only affects 25p 720p HEVC content played back at 1080p/50Hz.

I also tried with clean install only of various releases after 8.0.1k (no addons of any kind) and the glitches were still present. Sometimes the glitch is quite obvious (but always very short in duration). I would say I'm very sensitive to any kind of motion judder etc.

99% of my content is HEVC and about 1% is x264 - all are 720p resolution.

I never bothered reporting it (I'm thinking it may be a Kodi issue), but was wondering if anybody else notices the same. I have tried on S905 and S905X boxes all with the same results. The playback glitches are random and may not happen for up to 30 minutes (usually happens within 10 minutes) and if you playback the exact same video, the glitches will almost certainly not occur in the same places.

I'm very happy with 8.0.1k also, (another reason why I've not pursued it).

I could send in a log, but in theory, anybody with 720p HEVC content encoded at 25fps should be able to see it - the problem is I don't know how long it will take for it to appear. Just putting this out there to see if anybody else notices it. If enough people notice it, then maybe it could be pursued further - right now it is not an issue for myself as I'm quite happy to stay with 8.0.1k, but I suppose if the issue does not go away with future releases.............

I realize that 25p content is not as popular as 23.976p but here in the UK, all TV shows are 25p. I'll get a 1080p 25p HEVC file and see if that does the same.

TIA

Edited 5 times, last by ukmark62 ().

• Hallo,

I am very satisfied, but

can (or could) this build to work with 5GHz WiFi? With 8.2 build it was possible.

thank you

Mini MX-G 2/16 S905.arm LibreELEC

• Les

Why waiting? In this time, you could test 8.90.6 or one of the devel-Packages.

For me the devel-Package are running good. Some small stuttering in LiveTV sometimes at the beginning, or the playback stops, if i go into "Movies".

I spent several days trying to make it work, to no avail. Now, it seems that there are solutions, but I have too much time, I prefer to wait until everything is integrated natively. I feel she should be out in 2/3 days.

• CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1523108117.tar? Any info on the name change?

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Can confirm this behavior on most UK dvb SD streams.

Shoog

• If you install the latest devel, Check your temp. Looks like there's is a bit more cpu usage going on. Haven't compared, but my box went up in 70C when my fan-cooling was off.

ps. By the way, it works perfect;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• for some reason i can't even make it working with 2.4 wifi - mecool m8s pro w s905w 2gb 16gb ethernet fine