[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• The version of widevine in that script is old and will not work. This version however does MEGA

• Ok now I noted that I have to use .tar next time for upgrade,

but still not sure how to fix my box to boot from eMMC just like before

booting from USB drive is fine, but I can access the internal storage...

• Ok now I noted that I have to use .tar next time for upgrade,

but still not sure how to fix my box to boot from eMMC just like before

booting from USB drive is fine, but I can access the internal storage...

try creating a new image to usb, then run installtointernal?? if installtointernal is still working, I'm getting confused by all these posts, about what fix fixes what.

I'm just going to wait for the next version

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Mecool M8S Pro L (Coreelec) Nvidia Shield (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Beelink MiniMKIII (CoreELEC)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• but still not sure how to fix my box to boot from eMMC just like before

Restore stock Android

Make new SD/USB of version that has installtointernal activated

Install to internal

use earlier saved backup file or upgrade from tar file

if installtointernal is still working, I'm getting confused by all these posts, about what fix fixes what.

LOL 8o

• try creating a new image to usb, then run installtointernal?? if installtointernal is still working, I'm getting confused by all these posts, about what fix fixes what.

I want to keep my data/config on the internal, I think if i run the installtointernal it will overwrite everthing

can someone confirm this ?

• I want to keep my data/config on the internal, I think if i run the installtointernal it will overwrite everthing

can someone confirm this ?

backup - restore ;)

But seriously, posts like this are not anything at all to do with what this thread is about and are coming dangerously close to being deleted without response

General installation or help questions should be posted in their appropriate subforums as I will thoroughly moderate this thread and delete any posts that I feel are off topic.

Edited once, last by Poida ().

• I dont have a backup...

Start again Buddy. You're wiser now :thumbup:

• I dont have a backup...

but lesson learned... use tar for upgrade and make backup before that

look at this:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

so your config, movie-db etc. reside on the internal storage of your box. updates go with tarfile to the SD-card.

I use this since months without problems.

one hint: this tread is rather old, starting with LE 8.90.x you have to change the string "LIBREELEC_DISK" to "STORAGE".

This is also mentioned in the thread further on, but you have to find it...

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• look at this:

Yup, that's what I use. All the convenience with none of the risk :cool: (sorry @adamg it's still a bit off-topic, I know :angel:)

• I believe you can also install inputstreamhelper addon and will check your widewine version and ask to update. I'm about 83% sure it does that. Though clicking a Netflix stream won't trigger a widevine update unless your're using a beta fork from the github. The Amazon addon does take full advantage of inputstream helper and widevine updates. Again only 83% sure. Sorry I know this has nothing to do with LE alpha.

• Sandmann's Amazon addons should have the inputstream/widevine installation/update automated. ;)

And just FYI,

there's nothing wrong in 5.90.6 in relation to inputstream/widevine demanding addons (Amazon/Netflix). :)