[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• I can't speak for the LE build but it works fine on mine with the latest version from GitHub and the latest libwidevine.so, tested yesterday.

ok, I am going to bite. Where do I get this “ libwidevine.so“ thingy from😀

• "installtointernal" command changed?

I throwed the remote.conf file in .config folder, not working, any quick help?
    Remote solved, the remote thread should be pinnned ;)

Edited 2 times, last by ryv ().

Install to internal has been dropped on latest releases, and is not going to come back.

There is extensive discussion in the forum, a quick search will do.

Regards

Beelink MiniMX III 2GB/16GB gigabit LAN
    LibreELEC running from SD card (will confirm version on post).

• I think part of my post got cut off. I have the Netflix Addon, but don’t know where to get that latest libwidevine.so.

To make things short:

1. install the Netflix-repo repository.netflix-1.0.1.zip

2. in Kodi install the Netflix-addon from this repo-zip

3. configure the Netflix-addon with your Netflix-login

3. ssh to your box

5. cd /tmp; wget getwidevine.sh

6. sh getwidevine.sh

-> now libwidevine will be installed to /storage/.kodi/cdm

7. invoke the Netflix-addon and you will see...

Box: Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X/2GB/32GB SD)

running: LE 8.2.3.1 (thanks kszaq ) and CE 8.90.0 (thanks adamg + afl1 )

• I upgraded (at least I tried) from 8.90.5 to 8.90.6

just copied the img.gz file to update folder than rebooted the box, sadly it booted to android recovery

I guess I should have copy the devicetree file too :S

just followd this method:

Code
    1. If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:
    2. if booting from internal:
    3. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
    4. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    5. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Successfully booted from USB, than logged in over SSH and executed the two command, turned off the box, USB drive removed than started

but instead of Libreelec my box booted to android recovery again :S

Any idea how can I fix this?

• I thought you were supposed to upgrade by putting the tar file in the update folder

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

Wrong build, the copying of the remote config file changed after 8.90.4?

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro (Coreelec), Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS414 Plex Pass

:)

• S912 -> Better to wait the version [8.90.7]

The two S912 devel builds are not perfect but seem to be an improvement over the basic 8.90.6

They still show issues with smooth playback of PVR streams - but they are certainly getting better all the time. The 8.90.7 build will be a distillation of what works best from the devels. I would go ahead and install them.

Shoog

• I always used the img.gz file (whitout dtb file) before without any problem, this is the first time I have this issue

Try using the tar file as per instructions in OP to upgrade :cool:

Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading

just followd this method:

You didn't, because that method describes building a new install from the img.gz file on a SD/USB but you simply dropped it into the existing .update folder :rolleyes:

Any idea how can I fix this?

Read previous posts, the sure fire fix is there. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by Poida ().

• Just a quick thanks GDPR-2 for the latest build w/colorspace options in settings.

Yes agreed, very nice to have the options through gui.

'You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know -..' ~ Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)

• Try using the tar file as per instructions in OP to upgrade :cool:

You didn't, because that method describes building a new install from the img.gz file on a SD/USB but you simply dropped it into the existing .update folder :rolleyes:

Read previous posts, the sure fire fix is there. ;)

Wasn't one of the changes that LibreElec introduced over OpenElec that .img.gz could be used for upgrades, as well as .tar files, with an aim to eventually no longer needing .tar files to be used at all (as .img.gzs would serve both for original installs AND upgrades)?

Has this changed - or is this just a quirk of these builds?

• Wasn't one of the changes that LibreElec introduced over OpenElec that .img.gz could be used for upgrades, as well as .tar files, with an aim to eventually no longer needing .tar files to be used at all (as .img.gzs would serve both for original installs AND upgrades)?

In a different thread, concerning builds by a different person and different kodi version, mods were introduced that indeed allowed an upgrade from img.gz files as well as tar files.

The OP of this thread, pertaining to the new, alpha builds we are testing here clearly state

Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading

and in the FAQ that follows it

Q: How do I update?

A: Copy the tar file into the '.update' folder in /storage, DO NOT copy your DTB, this will be updated automatically, finally reboot.

Personally, I follow the most recent procedures given, even if they do differ to what I've been used to, I've found it leads to less issues overall :)