[8.90.1] CoreELEC for S905/S912 devices

• I disagree, your effort is appreciated, but you should create your own thread, mixing to builds in one thread just causes confusion ;)

Just take a look at the topic title: [8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

It was two builds from the beginning.

RPI3 1GB, Z4 RK3368 1GB, MINI MX-G 2GB, Mini M8S II 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H96 Pro 3GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), ODORID N2 2GB (coreelec.org 9.0.1), H/K AVR 161S, LG 60SJ810V
    pel.hu

• Just take a look at the topic title: [8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

It was two builds from the beginning.

I get that, But i would expect a s912 version from @adamg, if someone else compiles there own version wither there own fix'es, I would expect them to do so in a new thread. But Hey... That just my opinion :)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• Not yet. I already joined LibreELEC-AML and teamed up with GDPR-2   afl1 .

We will use the same base and I will take care of OdroidC2 support.

Then why on the page [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

there is information: "Odroid-C2 and LePotato: you do not have to chose a device tree as it is embedded in kernel.img." ? It obviously misguiding Odroid-C2 users that adamg's build can also be used on this device.

I have prepared SD card with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6.img.gz without copying dtb file from \device_trees to \root as it is explained that this doesn't need to be done by Odroid-C2 and LePotato users and started my C2. Result is: not booting.

• Then why on the page [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

there is information: "Odroid-C2 and LePotato: you do not have to chose a device tree as it is embedded in kernel.img." ? It obviously misguiding Odroid-C2 users that adamg's build can also be used on this device.

I have prepared SD card with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.6.img.gz without copying dtb file from \device_trees to \root as it is explained that this doesn't need to be done by Odroid-C2 and LePotato users and started my C2. Result is: not booting.

As far as I knew, Odroid-C2 as well as LePotato employ separate builds due to uboot.ini of those devices. Device trees are not applicable to them. They just share the same code base. You can see separate build by adamg for LePotato here. As for Odroid-C2, you will have to wait for the official build as Raybuntu already discontinued his build and you couldn't download from here.

• For those who test this build, pay attention to the temperature. The subtitle fix from wrxtasy is supposed to raise temps a bit, which can already been an issue on S912 boxes if you don't have cooling mods.

First, this build does not have GPU Over_Clock option so no raised temp issue.

Second, it does NOT fix "subtitle stutter".

So to run this build without subtitle stutter, one has to turn hardware decoding off which raises CPU temp about 4-5°C, same as wrxtasy Over_Clock build running with hardware decoding. Then, OC build is still a better option because running higher (792MHz) GPU freq has other benefits.

Not to mention that @wrxtasy build can be run at normal 500MHz GPU speed and still subtitles work without stuttering.

ODROID N2_S922 4G - 1GB Ethernet, X92_S912_q201 3/32G - 1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2, Mocool KM8_S905X 2/16 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 8.0, X96Mini_S905W 2/16G 0.1GB Ethernet Box_Android 7.1.2

Edited once, last by Sholander ().

• Hi all, I had problems with the last release and my tvheadend server setup. After upgrading, the tvheadend service stops working so I have enabled the crazy cat dvb drivers but It is the same. The adaptor is not shown in the web administration page and dmesg output shows an error loading the dvb module.

Code
    1. [ [email protected]] usb 2-1: Product: TechnoTrend USB-Stick
    2. [ [email protected]] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: CityCom GmbH
    3. [ [email protected]] usb 2-1: SerialNumber:
    4. [ [email protected]] dvb_usb_v2: Unknown symbol smp_mb__after_atomic (err 0)

Does anyone experienced this problem? How can I fix it so I can use the tvheadend service again?

I reply myself, after upgrading to latest devel, the TV card is detected correctly. Good job!

Now I have to fix the green screen /shrug

• Quick question. I have Minix Neo U9-H and an IR remote that worked with LibreELEC on intel NUC.

Tried this current thread image and LibreELEC is responding to that remote.

Tried LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz and it does not respond to that remote.

This is normal?

• anybody with the latest dev build can test this file? picture seems to freeze. other than this it works ok.

jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv

*last known working devel build is 1522556760, the latest three seems to freeze when playing the above file

If I "echo '420,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" than this file plays fine, I also have a 140mbps version of this file, and it also plays bueno;)

-2re

8.90 ⇒ MeCool KI Pro ⇒ Onkyo TX-NR656 ⇒ SAMSUNG 65"LED/UHD/PQ1300/T2CS

LG BP50NB40 USB Blu-ray

• there is a change on the Leia build regarding the remote.

• Then why on the page [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

That how to needs to be updated, you can not use the S905 image as it doesn't have the u-boot bootloader files built in, that is why it doesn't boot.

Please read the FAQ on the first page for your remote. This thread is not for discussion on 8.2 builds.

• If I "echo '420,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" than this file plays fine, I also have a 140mbps version of this file, and it also plays bueno;)

The 400mbps version plays without issue when I last tried from the eMMC, playback issues most often happen when playing via samba and/or wifi.